(Day 6, LE) Celebration Feast (Roleplay Thread)

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: (Day 6, LE) Celebration Feast (Roleplay Thread)

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:15 pm

He passed him the letter whilst taking a drink of sake, stopping to think who it could be. "So... May we retire temporarily for the evening to discuss it, or is it a prank of sorts...?" He asked like if he was a crab receiving a love letter.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:18 pm

"Depends. You could ask court about it, but that calls attention to it. Leaving, also could call attention to it. What way do you think you'll get answers?"
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:23 pm

"Read it." He said under his breath and pushed the billet against his hand. "So, like, I'm the crab in the fan. Who could be the bird? All I know it's that it's not you." Which meant he even considered this option.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:31 pm

"Cranes, Phoenixes, Falcons, Sparrows...if we keep the clan motif. Anyone from those clans who has been friendly?"
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:38 pm

"Kenji-kun is marrying Kazuko-san, my nakodo would probably arrange a meeting with my bride, did barely talk with any minor clanner all week. Maybe it was Toritaka-san, Saburo-san, Haruki-san, that Phoenix boy or one of the two doji? An imperial?"
He took a cupful of sake.
"Oh. I think I have figured it out."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:39 pm

"Yeah?" He asks, looking around to see who is looking.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:43 pm

"It may be that rōnin? I was kind to her two times and she always acted sheepishly around me."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:49 pm

"I'd think she'd be more straight forward."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:52 pm

"I asked to see her calligraphy, too."
He drinks more sake. At least he only missed his cup once.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:09 pm

"Oh? Is it similar then?" He asks, looking at the letter again.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:13 pm

"I forgot to lend her my inks. Too late for that now." He shrugs. "I don't think she would have all that money to waste, though. Unless she got a crane or imperial ally. Which is very unlikely. I don't think she would ask too much of her sponsor."
Last edited by Kaiu Aiichiro on Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:31 pm

Kaito Haruki wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:56 pm
(Would there be evidence of the eggs in the trash at least? Trying to confirm if the eggs were thrown away or stolen for the ink destroying properties)
No evidence of old spoiled eggs, but likely they would have been removed long before the diner starter, the kitchens are kept very clean.
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:29 pm

Kaito Haruki wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:59 am
Vutall wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:56 am
The stunned Battle Maiden says nothing as Dao grabs her. The rest of the dinner hall goes silent for a moment, staring at the two and how improper they are being for formal affairs, let alone the touching.

Oichi, once she comes to her senses, has a massive blush on her face and covers it with a hand, saying something in Dao's ear

"What are you doing! Not here!"

((-1.0 honor!))
((+1.0 Infamy!))
With fan still out, he turns to Kenji-San. "I thought he was a monk, don't they take vows against such things?"
"That was quite bold, but i think not all monks under a vow, even though most of them take one"
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:39 pm

Vutall wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:25 am
"Excuse me, please"

And with that, she takes off after Dao.
The grin on Kokyou smiles widens as Fortune proves to favor the bold.
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:22 pm

Vutall wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:37 am
snip
Asako Saburo wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:06 am
Snip
As the other fracas goes on, Sasaiko considers the fan and the note.

She shakes her head slightly as she sees Saburo glance in her direction, and she lifts her shoulders in a slight shrug.

There is a slight nod to him and the ghost of a smile. They are in public, after all.

And I know he worries more about such things than I. But who sent this fan?

She glances at the Crab table, seeing if anyone is watching.
Toritaka Noriko
Falcon * Phantom Hunter (Shug)
S 2.0 * G 2.1 * H As Expected

On-site: robes, sandals, and scroll satchel and scrolls, Seppun blade, Miya-made map of Tsuma; might have money
Off: the above + loaded traveling pack

Ikoma Eichiro

Post by Ikoma Eichiro » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:41 pm

Eichiro has been meandering his way through court appropriate stories of daring do, mostly about skilled samurai ko that always seem to resemble Mirumoto Hinata in one way or another. They never share her name or match her exactly, but to someone listening very closely the meaning is apparent. Since praising her directly would be inappropriate in this setting, he has chosen an indirect route.

"I suppose i should be saving my voice for tomorrow," Eichiro says. He has switched from the sake to a spiced tea with some honey a story ago. "What about you, are you ready for the Iai?"
Vutall wrote:
Lion Clan * Courtier * Lucky * Sage * Paragon of Honesty
Honor: Exceptional - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points: Passing
Carries: Spices, Fan, Chopsticks, Sake Cup, Personal Chop, Small Hand Mirror
Wakizashi is in room, not an adult yet.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:49 pm

"As ready as I can be. Just as you are as ready as you can be. We have both trained our best, so there is no question if we are ready, as even if we were not, there is nothing we can do to be ready now. Better to accept that we are and not cloud the mind."

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:05 pm

Kaito Haruki wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:18 am
Haruki pulls out a fan while observing the scene. "So this wasn't your doing, Sabaru-san?"
"Mmm?" Saburo hadn't actually heard anything. he'd simply seen a merchant approach her with a package and a message. It could have been anything. "I was not planning to send my fiance anything in the middle of this event. It would detract from her accomplishments. Likely nothing." He shrugged once, right before...

Yep... that just happened with Dao. He pointedly ignored the entire affair as was proper. Nothing to see here. inwardly, he sighed on Dao's behalf. The boy never did have the best decorum, but he could appreciate the wish to be public... Sometimes he wondered if the scandal was worth it, to make such public... Another day. Another day.

(OOC: Apologies Haruki. It was late when I made that post so things kept going, but he reacted thusly before Haruki was pulled away for matters of Ebisu.)
Toritaka Sasaiko wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:22 pm
As the other fracas goes on, Sasaiko considers the fan and the note.

She shakes her head slightly as she sees Saburo glance in her direction, and she lifts her shoulders in a slight shrug.

There is a slight nod to him and the ghost of a smile. They are in public, after all.

And I know he worries more about such things than I. But who sent this fan?

She glances at the Crab table, seeing if anyone is watching.
A small smile, a shrug in kind and the briefest of nods before he was glancing away, seeming unconcerned. Her reaction was more than enough for him. He could sate his curiosity at his leisure later.
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:06 pm

Haruki does a little bit of small talk in the kitchen, attempting to gauge their reactions while also asking for directions to the well.
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:14 pm

Everyone in the kitchens seems in high spirits, though they are also quite busy and tired from the intensity of the meal. A few comment on how it was lucky the merchant that stopped by had Tsu Fish eggs for sale. They direct Haruki to the well when he asks.

Return to “Kakita Estate”