(Day 6, LE) Celebration Feast (Roleplay Thread)

Vutall

Re: (Day 6, LE) Celebration Feast (Roleplay Thread)

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:12 am

Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:28 am

When she did reach the Governor, she bowed to him and spoke softly so that the words would go far, "Kakita-dono, if I might hold your attention for a short conversation, I would be most appreciative."
Toshimoko looks to Nobuko and gives a small nod.

"What can I do for you, Otomo-san?"
Togashi Dao wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:16 am

His eyes lock onto Oichi's and he whispers softly. "But there will always be a strong connection to those who have showed me such kindness and patience in the past."
"While some women enjoy being coy, that is not the Unicorn way. In our lands, when someone is interested in us, they tell us. An old tradition was even to sling the target of ones affection over their horse and ride off in the distance with them to have some privacy."
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:28 am

Vutall wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:12 am
Toshimoko looks to Nobuko and gives a small nod.

"What can I do for you, Otomo-san?"
Nobuko pulled out her fan, popping it open so she could stir the air idly around her face while also keeping it conveniently at a level that would hide her words from any onlookers as she smiled serenely to the governor, "I wanted to thank you once more for the quality of the festivities tonight. It will surely be remembered as one of the finest Topaz Celebration Feasts ever held. And the guest list! Full of such notable personages and Sensei, all of whom are due respect for their experiences. And of course, the competitors this year are so much more diverse than the usual numbers. Not only do you have all the Great Clans providing honorable examples of the samurai they raise, but members of my house and the Miya..."

She gave a soft laugh, as if utterly delighted by all of this, "And of course the Minor Clans. It is not often that any of their number are deemed skilled enough to extend an invitation, but this year there are four!"

She paused thoughtfully, "Or is it five?"

Then laughed again, "Oh what does it matter their numbers? They have all proven to be quite capable and worthy of the invite. Kokyou-san and Mai-san, whom I attended the Hirosaka Dojo with, have certainly performed beyond any expectations one might have of their clan. I simply cannot wait to see what gifts their delegation has to honor you."

Nobuko shut her fan with a snap and shook her head, "Here I am rambling on as if this were Kyuden Otomo and I had all the time in the world to have my words indulged in. My apologies Kakita-Dono, for interrupting your proceedings like this, forcing you to postpone further gift presentations. My head can be so full of clouds some times."

She bowed, "I will leave you to your duties, thanking you once more for being so kind to me."

-----
OOC
D6; LE; Celebration Feast; Courtier/Awa: 10d10o10k5 35 to remind Toshimoko that the Minor Clans exist and the need to follow proper codes of conduct by calling them up without being rude or obvious about it.
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:33 am

Toshimoko listenes to Nobuko and takes a deep breath, nodding to her.

"I hear you, Otomo-san. I will see their gifts presented then."

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:37 am

She maintained her bow and backed away three steps before rising and heading back to her seat. Her eyes strayed to Kokyou so she could catch his gaze before she proceeded to sit down and enjoy the conversation of those around her.
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:37 am

A merchant that is seen often in the market square approaches two Clan samurai with wrapped parcels. One at a time, he speaks to them.

"Honored Samurai, I have been tasked with creating this for you as a memento of time shared together this week."

As he hand over the parcel it is opened to show a beautiful, ornate fan of a Bird and a Crab intertwined. There is a note included as well, written with a scent and paper that indicate longing to those that know the language of letters.

"I have watched you from afar, and this remains the only way that I can show my affection. May our hearts soon match in the same way our fans do now.
-Your admirer."

The merchant does not wait for any sort of response, he merely excuses himself quietly from the room, his task complete.

((The samurai aproached are Kaiu Aichiro and Toritaka Sasaiko))

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:40 am

Ginkarasu tries not to bend towards Aiichiro's note. "What'd you get, what'd you get?"
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:54 am

Vutall wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:17 am
She sits back comfortably, learning on one arm and bending a knee to rest her other hand on it, showing off her figure some
Kokyou missed that, or did he not?
Vutall wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:17 am
She casually brushes a stray bang behind her ear
He surely didn't miss this one.
Togashi Dao wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:16 am
His eyes lock onto Oichi's and he whispers softly.
He holds his hands not to show two thumbs up for Dao... or fists. Conflicting thoughts.
Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:37 am
Her eyes strayed to Kokyou so she could catch his gaze before...
And, Kokyou's eyes are instantly fetched back to the situation Nobuko lingered about. He pops his amazing fan closed, waiting patiently for his corner crew to come to a conclusion.
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:01 am

Otomo Nobuko wrote:
She maintained her bow and backed away three steps before rising and heading back to her seat. Her eyes strayed to Kokyou so she could catch his gaze before she proceeded to sit down and enjoy the conversation of those around her.
When she returns to her seat Wyn leans over " Otomo-san I hear that you are participating in the Iajitsu tomorrow"
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy
Dojo Points: 104 | Status 1.5 | Glory 6.0 | Honor: Above Question
| Topaz Points: 166
Equipment: Kimono, Ink Brush Kit, Journal, Several Scrolls

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:04 am

Miya Wyn wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:01 am
When she returns to her seat Wyn leans over " Otomo-san I hear that you are participating in the Iajitsu tomorrow"
Alarm flashed across Nobuko's face for a fraction of a second before she got her On back under control. He fan was up and out and she leaned in dangerously close to hiss at her cousin, "Where did you hear that? I have told no one but the organizers arranging tomorrows matches."

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:06 am

Vutall wrote:
Though obviously not seated with either the Crab or the Falcon clans, Saburo did notice the merchant approaching Sasaiko and cocked his head a little, taking the sight in. He made a mental note to ask her later before focusing on the festivities. For the most part, he was keeping things quiet, preferring not to make waves in the midst of the festivities. There was already more than enough going on after all.
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:09 am

Kokyou though, was there just beside Sasaiko-chan and her new Bird and Crustacean fan. Wasn't that supposed to be Bird and Fire?

He raises an eyebrow at that and smirks.
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Matsu Qiang

Post by Matsu Qiang » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:10 am

After completing the gift-giving ceremony, Matsu Qiang breathed a sigh of relief and went to grab some food from the elaborately prepared banquet platters.

"I wonder if the food from our hunting test went into these dishes," Qiang commented idly to no one in particular as he used the serving chopsticks to move a few choice morsels from the shared platter to his bowl.
Lion Clan • Competitor • Crab Hands • Strong • Betrothed
Status 1.0 • Glory 5.3 • Exceptional Honor

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:18 am

Asako Saburo wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:06 am
Vutall wrote:
Though obviously not seated with either the Crab or the Falcon clans, Saburo did notice the merchant approaching Sasaiko and cocked his head a little, taking the sight in. He made a mental note to ask her later before focusing on the festivities. For the most part, he was keeping things quiet, preferring not to make waves in the midst of the festivities. There was already more than enough going on after all.
Haruki pulls out a fan while observing the scene. "So this wasn't your doing, Sabaru-san?"
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:25 am

Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:04 am

Alarm flashed across Nobuko's face for a fraction of a second before she got her On back under control. He fan was up and out and she leaned in dangerously close to hiss at her cousin, "Where did you hear that? I have told no one but the organizers arranging tomorrows matches."
"Miya have their ways, I have some notes for you that may help" he passes something over.
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy
Dojo Points: 104 | Status 1.5 | Glory 6.0 | Honor: Above Question
| Topaz Points: 166
Equipment: Kimono, Ink Brush Kit, Journal, Several Scrolls

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:29 am

Miya Wyn wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:25 am
"Miya have their ways, I have some notes for you that may help" he passes something over.
Of course they did. They were an Imperial line, after all. She sighed and picked up the notes, not glancing at them, just tucking them into her robes for later.

"Just don't say anything," she murmured. "I don't want certain people to find out until it's too late for them to talk me out of it."

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:31 am

Vutall wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:12 am
"While some women enjoy being coy, that is not the Unicorn way. In our lands, when someone is interested in us, they tell us. An old tradition was even to sling the target of ones affection over their horse and ride off in the distance with them to have some privacy."
"So then the question at hand," Dao begins as he shifts his body slightly to face Oichi directly, boldly, and without guile. "Is whether any of these...ponies that were supplied for our tests are up to such a burden?"
Dragon Clan • Monk • Battlemaster •
Honor: Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 1.7 • Infamy: 1,0
Gear: Student Clothing, Go set.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:37 am

"I'm sure there are some proper Unicorn horses at the stables you could borrow if you asked one of your peers."

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:51 am

Vutall wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:37 am
"I'm sure there are some proper Unicorn horses at the stables you could borrow if you asked one of your peers."
Dao turns to the side and the blush on his face is evident as he looks past Prashant to hastily start a quick conversation.

"Utaku Ichiro-san. We have spilt blood together, and fought side by side as comrades now I have a favor to ask. I need borrow your steed for a few hours."

Returning his gaze to Oichi, he grins as he rises and approaches then attempts to heft her over his shoulder.

D6 LE. Grapple Oichi. VP, tattoo: 10d10o10k6+5 71
Dragon Clan • Monk • Battlemaster •
Honor: Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 1.7 • Infamy: 1,0
Gear: Student Clothing, Go set.

Utaku Ichiro

Post by Utaku Ichiro » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:54 am

Ichiro raises an eyebrow, "I don't know. He might be a little heavy for you to carry when you already have Utaku-sama on one shoulder."
Unicorn • Bushi • Experienced • Enlightened • Ascetic • Heroic Muse
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 5.2 • Infamy: 0.5 • Topaz Points: 229

Gear in Tsuma: Poorly sized purple and ivory utilitarian travelling clothes, charred gold scarf, daisho, jade
Outside Tusma: Unicorn riding horse, riding armor, scimitar, daisho, ono, han-kyu and arrows, jade
Description

Before the thunder can roar the lightning must strike

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:54 am

Ginkarasu rises from his seat at a loss for Dao's sudden action. He looks around, trying to think of what he should do.
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Return to “Kakita Estate”