Reading in the Night

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: Reading in the Night

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:31 am

"This is a bold statement to say. But your tone was confident.." Aiichirō flips through the pages, skimming over some, then reading the table of contents. "This is a good book." He said at least.
"Although it strikes me as odd. If you have no particular interest in the subject, wouldn't it further improve not only your knowledge but also your skills to research something closer to your reality?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:46 am

"I am only trying to prepare myself to better serve my Lord. Every year he sends a select few of his vassals to serve in the Imperial Legions and auxillaries, I am determined to be one of them."

Dao's determination and strength of will are evident in his speech.

"Learning more about the structure of battle and warfare can only help, right?"
Dragon Clan • Monk • Battlemaster •
Honor: Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 1.7 • Infamy: 1,0
Gear: Student Clothing, Go set.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:52 am

"If you know what the soldiers are doing, you can prepare yourself to help them much more effectively indeed." He goes through the book again and gives it back to Dao. "The book was opened at this page. I marked it with my finger. If you wish, I am being trained to be a warmaster myself, and noticeably am of the Crab Clan. I could give you knowledge on this subject."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Mai

Post by Mai » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:04 pm

Togashi Dao wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:09 am
"Mantis-sama is wise to take advantage of this opportunity in such a way. What do they teach to the students ofn the Mantis Isles?"

Dao asked in curiosity.
"The common priestly duties. We also learn about sailing and navigation since we tend to serve as a ship's navigator. After that... well, it really depends on the teacher. We have more apprenticeships than large schools. Mine for example focused more on physical activities. He says a healthy body makes a good home to the soul."

She then watches the conversation between the other two students.
Mantis Clan Shugenja *Water * Thunder * Prodigy * Lucky

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Items: Scrolls, Jade

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:07 pm

"Kaiu-sama is most generous. Given that I have been blessed with the instruction of Akodo Eiko-sama in a few days, it would do him a disservice were I to not be as prepared as I possibly could." Dao lifts hinself to his feet and runs his fingers through his hair.

"I have studied the Battle of Sleeping River, and focused primarily on the smaller levels of engagement. Squads under a single nikutai rather than the mass combat level. But I know there is much more I need to learn."

OX 2. Battle/Perception: 2d10o10k1 5

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:09 pm

Mai wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:04 pm
"The common priestly duties. We also learn about sailing and navigation since we tend to serve as a ship's navigator. After that... well, it really depends on the teacher. We have more apprenticeships than large schools. Mine for example focused more on physical activities. He says a healthy body makes a good home to the soul."

She then watches the conversation between the other two students.
"That would explain your impressive performance in Kakita-sama's trials this afternoon." Dao compliments the priestess with a bow.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:15 pm

He got quite surprised at the mention of Akodo Eiko.
The burden of leadership is what keep us humble.
He did not expect so humble. But teaching was too one of the best ways to learn about a subject, other team practice.

"I am too to study at least four times with Akodo-sensei on my stay here. My first session was yesterday, and he is watching my performance." Aiichirō analyzed the finger gesture. Nervousness.

"First it would be the most useful to you to learn hierarchy. The first rank is the one of hohei, a samurai who never knew war. They usually compose most of the losses on the battlefield."

Mai

Post by Mai » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:28 pm

"Thank you. You both were impressive too."
Mantis Clan Shugenja *Water * Thunder * Prodigy * Lucky

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Items: Scrolls, Jade

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:18 pm

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:15 pm
"I am too to study at least four times with Akodo-sensei on my stay here. My first session was yesterday, and he is watching my performance." Aiichirō analyzed the finger gesture. Nervousness.

"First it would be the most useful to you to learn hierarchy. The first rank is the one of hohei, a samurai who never knew war. They usually compose most of the losses on the battlefield."
"Four times? Wow, Akodo-sama must see great potential in you Kaiu-sama." Dao responds, open mouthed in a mix of shock and awe. "Yes Kaiu-sama, the hohei. Do all officers start as low ranking enlisted men? I imagine for some, the tactics and leadership come easier than the soldiering. It would be a shame to lose a future gifted rikugunshokan because he was a poor foot soldier."

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:20 pm

Mai wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:28 pm
"Thank you. You both were impressive too."
Dao smiles sheepishly. "Thank you Mai-sama. My training too was mostly focused on the physical, I'm not sure how I'll fare in the mental challenges. We can but try our best, neh?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:15 pm

"Thank you, Mai-san, but my training was far from impressive. At least the combat one. Perhaps what was impressive was how much I could endure before bowing. And to answer your question," he looked at Dao, "No. Usually the children of kuge start with higher ranked positions. Some students of my dojo too, because we are few and not trained in more combat maneuvers than necessary. It's a school of warmasters."

Return to “Ox”