Reading in the Night

Mai

Reading in the Night

Post by Mai » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:05 pm

Mai had went to bed and woke up early. After checking and making sure everyone was alright, she went to the library, reading some about the Spirit Realms. Stupid ghost. It is not going to get her while she slept this time.
Mantis Clan Shugenja *Water * Thunder * Prodigy * Lucky

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Items: Scrolls, Jade

Togashi Dao

Re: Reading in the Night

Post by Togashi Dao » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:45 pm

Dao had much the same idea, he however was poring over accounts of tactical decisions in the battle of Clear Water Village during the Crab Crane war in the 4th century.

"Ohayo, Mantis-sama. Getting an early start on the new day as well?" He greets the sea faring student.
Dragon Clan • Monk • Battlemaster •
Honor: Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 1.7 • Infamy: 1,0
Gear: Student Clothing, Go set.

Mai

Post by Mai » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:00 am

Mai bows. "Something like that. I am Mai of the Mantis Clan. A pleasure."

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:38 pm

"My name is Dao, from the Dragon, a student of the way of the Togashi. Whatcha reading? If you don't mind my asking?" He enquired as he moved a little closer, to keep his voice down in the library.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:39 pm

Aiichirō, too, found out that he felt drowsy earlier. When he woke up, well before the other students, and slipped the shoji aside... There he found no one.
Kokyou promised him a game of his today, but he was nowhere to be seen, and as such Aiichirō went to search for them. Lantern in hand, he ended up in the library, where for his surprise there were two other persons.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:52 pm

Seeing Aiichiro enter the room, Dao greets him with a look of concern in his eyes and a bow.

"Kaiu-sama, are you okay to be up and about? It seems you came off second best at training this morning."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:00 pm

People he did not even knew about were talking about it. Oh the Fortunes. He was terrified, but on the surface looked smooth like stone.
"Nothing to worry, I slept at the hour of the Dog today. I was awaken for a lot of time, so I felt tired earlier. Being crushed does not help to it."
He approached.
"Kaiu-sama?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:12 pm

A look of terror flashed across Dao's face. "I....I didn't mishear your name did I? There are sooooo many students here, you are Kaiu-sama, aren't you?"

Mai

Post by Mai » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:15 pm

"I am researching some on the various spirit realms." She shows him a scroll about Gaki-do. "Sensei didn't go too much into it, so figured I should look into it. What are you looking for?"

When the Crab arrives, she bows, "Kaiu-san. It is good to see you as always."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:20 pm

"Yes. Kaiu Aiichirō." He said, deducing that although his first suspicions it was either a rōnin or a heimin. In Imperial colors, as far he knew. So some kind of dojo servant.
"I was looking to see if Kokyou-san was somewhere. Guess he is just sleeping."

Mai

Post by Mai » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:50 pm

"I believe so. Though I haven't seen him since this time last night."

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:55 pm

Mai wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:15 pm
"I am researching some on the various spirit realms." She shows him a scroll about Gaki-do. "Sensei didn't go too much into it, so figured I should look into it. What are you looking for?"
"How intriguing." He answers as he looks over the esoteric subject material.

"I'm just refreshing myself on some of the Empire's more notable wars and battles. Today it's the Crane Crab war from the 4th century."

Mai

Post by Mai » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:02 pm

"Oh. Actually, Kaiu-san knows a lot about battles. I was reading Akodo's Leadership yesterday when we saw each other in the library."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:02 pm

He nodded. "Aside from that, we have two Yasuki at the dojo, as you may know. But why are doing that? Mai-san offered, boredom or curiosity?"

Mai

Post by Mai » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:00 am

"Well, Mantis shugenja tends to serve as advisors for the ship captains. So, I figured it wouldn't hurt to learn more. Besides I see this school as an opportunity to learn things that normally wouldn't have been taught back home."

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:09 am

"Mantis-sama is wise to take advantage of this opportunity in such a way. What do they teach to the students ofn the Mantis Isles?"

Dao asked in curiosity.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:14 am

He watched the heimin. So afraid, yet so curious. Was a curious person to observe, and Mai seemed to be liking his company.

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:28 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:02 pm
But why are doing that? Mai-san offered, boredom or curiosity?"
"One should always work to better oneself Kaiu-sama. To ensure a better station on the next turn of the wheel, we must impress Emma-O with our words and deeds in this one."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:48 am

Togashi Dao wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:28 am
Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:02 pm
But why are doing that? Mai-san offered, boredom or curiosity?"
"One should always work to better oneself Kaiu-sama. To ensure a better station on the next turn of the wheel, we must impress Emma-O with our words and deeds in this one."
"I see. I don't see many with this in mind. You sure are a peculiar one." He says, getting closer and surrounding him like a cat, stopping when he was at his side.

Aiichirō brought to his hand the book in front of Dao, closing it and turning the object to read its cover aloud, a faint smile on his face. He looked directly at Dao's eyes.

"Can you read?"

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:15 am

What a weird question... Dao thpught to himself.

"Passably." He replied, a little frustrated at the treatment he was receiving. "I dare say I am better with scrolls than many of the ashigaru here are with sticks." He added, letting his emotions build.

Return to “Ox”