(Day 2, LM) Welcome Ceremony

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: (Day 2, LM) Welcome Ceremony

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:16 am

Mirai wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:39 am
Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:16 am
"Oh Hida's lost son, you never ever read a pillow book? If I had one with me I could lend them to you. But I had to choose between it and a piece of flint, and even though I'm not a boringly practical person, there are priorities. Although passing time alone without even a book near has been somewhat annoying, but oddly refreshing."
"Well, I'm not adverse to the idea or anything, so perhaps I can find one in town for the tournament?" She rubbed the back of her neck a bit awkwardly before shrugging. "There must be some sort of stall that has books for those visiting, hai?"
"Kakita academy for sure, but they shouldn't let us enter. Those stalls are usually limited for all I know. Certain types of people." He says. "So, which sort of histories interest you the most? Or can I get you my favourite?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:25 am

"Oh, I've read all sorts, it comes with travel." She paused, thoughtful. "I suppose I prefer history s about famous people, especially truly compassionate and just."
Ronin | Bushi | Duelist | Versatile | Odd
Carries: Daishi, Ashigaru Armor, Travelling Pack

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:28 am

"I used to read more when I was younger. Liked all monogatari back then, but started with the fantasy histories. Then moved to the war novels and later to the parodies."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:10 pm

"Is that common in your family? I've spent some time in Yasuki and Kuni lands, but never the lands of the Kaiu." She seemed cautiously curious.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:15 pm

"Yes, most engineers have a past with books. It helps to keep things there light-hearted. Although I think it is because their caretakers knew how to read and could teach them."

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:23 pm

Kokyou wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:31 pm
His eyes moves left from right nonstop. So many girls have grown up. Mai trying to look inconspicuous, but failing. Mirai succeeding partially. Nobuko with all the booty she carries. So many new Cranes around –– hello you, new girl –– and Kotomi, despite probably despising him, get a smirking glance. Sasaiko...

He jumps Saburo's ugly face with a blink and moves on to watch the sensei. After day dreaming about riding with Utaku Oichi once more, Kokyou bows back to the shining example that is Kakita Toshimoku.

The young man's heart is filled with joy and will to succeed.
<snip>

His heart skips a beat as his eyes cross with Nesrin thirst, for some odd reason. He nods to her, approaching, but not too much he would disturb her own admiration of the whole scene.
It takes her a moment to notice the approach, and another to place the somewhat older face she knew. She offers a bow in greeting. "Kokyou-san. I hope the fortunes have kept you well this past year."
Unicorn Clan * Bushi * Battle Maiden * Honest and Fair * Hard to pronounce name
Honor: A Soul Above Question * Status: 1 * Glory: 3

Description

"Every day is a journey, and the journey itself home" -Bashō
Speaking Tegensai

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:16 pm

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:15 pm
"Yes, most engineers have a past with books. It helps to keep things there light-hearted. Although I think it is because their caretakers knew how to read and could teach them."
"Ah. Where I was from... I mean, outside of Crab lands... I spent a lot of time in more pious places, shugenja and monks. A lot of reading, but not very light hearted."

She paused. "Where is Kaiu-sama staying, out of curiosity?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:29 pm

Mirai wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:16 pm
Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:15 pm
"Ah. Where I was from... I mean, outside of Crab lands... I spent a lot of time in more pious places, shugenja and monks. A lot of reading, but not very light hearted."

She paused. "Where is Kaiu-sama staying, out of curiosity?"
"Mother always gave me the light-hearted novels. Said I had to have no hurry to on the darkened lands once I entered the dojo. Why would this question be?" He asks. It was a rōnin. Maybe she was putting an act and saw he was friendly.

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:49 pm

Bayushi Kaidan wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:26 am
Ateko nodded. "It was insightful to say the least. As spirits and the different fortunes may say different things." She sighed. "But my training in divination was short lived since I had to continue my training in Iaido. It took most of my time trying to get that one strike move."
"I am certain that it was achieved well enough," she replied, trying to sound supportive. "The Crane are known for their perfection of the art of Iaido. Will you be competeing in the Championship?"
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:51 pm

Kazuko searches for Isawa Tanshin, seeking to question him about the spirit he encountered yesterday.

(oh yeah also open if u wanna talk, just shoot a dm or ping on discord)
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Doji Kotomi

Post by Doji Kotomi » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:50 pm

Zashi wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:31 am
"Hmmm..." Zashi offers his most coquettish look, eyes dancing with innocent enthusiasm. "But you said that he could be the second best in this whole competition! And we are supposed to be the best the Clans could offer in our generation. There would be so few." Zashi drums his fingers on his chin with some theater. "Perhaps Mai of the Mantis. She placed among the highest in our Dojo, but..." Zashi feeds what he is sure to be something Kotomi finds objectionable
"I've never heard of her" Kotomi said with a shake of her head "however if she is here, and performs well, perhaps she would have a chance of earning such an honour. Although from my current experiences of the Mantis, if she is like the others I'd say none were worthy of anything of that kind. The best and most honourable will rise up though in time."
Crane Clan * Duelist * Prodigy * Smart * Smug * Better than Kazuko * Not very Courteous * Profile
Equipment: Better quality clothes, Umbrella, mirror, Daisho/No-dachi/Light armour where allowed

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:15 pm

"Such as yourself?"

There it was, the hook.
Fox Clan | Shugenja | Smol | Quirky AF
"I may run and hide, but I'll never tell a lie."
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.7| Status: 1.0 | Topaz Points:

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:20 pm

Asako Saburo wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:41 am
"The past year has been... interesting. I was transferred here to Tsuma after I was in Hirosaka. I was also promised the post of Gokenin if I completed my gempukku here. How have you been? Your training as an Ishiken was certainly not easy, but if I may say so, you look better than before, is it thanks to your training?"
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:44 pm

Utaku Nesrin wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:23 pm
It takes her a moment to notice the approach, and another to place the somewhat older face she knew. She offers a bow in greeting. "Kokyou-san. I hope the fortunes have kept you well this past year."
Kokyou bows to her in return. Grin up. "They did more than keep me well. I be truly blessed. Even though unworthy. Guess 'tis kharma." He shrugs a bit, trying not to stare so much, but failing miserably. "How about ye, lass?"

The young man adds next out of anxiety, perhaps, "Ye look... well... its hard t' loot eyes out o' ye."
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Doji Kotomi

Post by Doji Kotomi » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:34 pm

Zashi wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:15 pm
"Such as yourself?"

There it was, the hook.
"If the clan believed it was a good union, hai" Kotomi nodded "we're compatible and get along well, but all marriages have to give a benefit to the clan, such as the huge benefit the Fox will get from having your union to the prestigious Doji family of the Crane."
Crane Clan * Duelist * Prodigy * Smart * Smug * Better than Kazuko * Not very Courteous * Profile
Equipment: Better quality clothes, Umbrella, mirror, Daisho/No-dachi/Light armour where allowed

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:15 pm

Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:49 pm

"I am certain that it was achieved well enough," she replied, trying to sound supportive. "The Crane are known for their perfection of the art of Iaido. Will you be competeing in the Championship?"

Ateko shook her head. "I am just here to watch. I wasn't good enough to make the cut." She smiled. "But I will pass my gempukku at my own time."
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:49 pm

Kokyou wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:44 pm

Kokyou bows to her in return. Grin up. "They did more than keep me well. I be truly blessed. Even though unworthy. Guess 'tis kharma." He shrugs a bit, trying not to stare so much, but failing miserably. "How about ye, lass?"

The young man adds next out of anxiety, perhaps, "Ye look... well... its hard t' loot eyes out o' ye."
After a moment trying to decipher that last bit, Nesrin decides, based on tone, that it's probably complementary. "It's been a fantastic year training, though my archery's still not what I'd like it to be. I've three new cousins, and I might be an aunt by the time we're done here. Tabudai's sired his first foal, and she's just the most beautiful little black filly...but I'm biased." she laughs with a small shake of her head, and pauses for breath. "Sorry. It's kind of surprising how much can change in a year, but it's kind of a lot to say all at once."

"Kharma seems a theme these past few days, though." She pauses, considering. "You've a kinsman here by name of Hitoshi?"
Unicorn Clan * Bushi * Battle Maiden * Honest and Fair * Hard to pronounce name
Honor: A Soul Above Question * Status: 1 * Glory: 3

Description

"Every day is a journey, and the journey itself home" -Bashō
Speaking Tegensai

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:55 pm

"Aye! Hitoshi-san's soon to be a great sailor. A true matey to me, and th' Clan. Mighty potential n' 'im, I see." He nods a couple of times, thinking about how it should have been in Unicorn lands –– very different from the islands and sea.

He mentions, "I be happy t' hear yer horsey-mate had a sprog. Ye know wha'. Out o' th' classes we had at Hirosaka, I miss those ridin' lessons th' most. "
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:55 pm

Bayushi Kaidan wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:15 pm
Ateko shook her head. "I am just here to watch. I wasn't good enough to make the cut." She smiled. "But I will pass my gempukku at my own time."
"Then I wish you the best," she bowed again. Still a little confused at this game Kaidan was playing. "Thank you for speaking with me."
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:22 am

Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:55 pm
"Then I wish you the best," she bowed again. Still a little confused at this game Kaidan was playing. "Thank you for speaking with me."
"Thank You Otomo sama. I hope the fortunes bless you on your path." She gave the Otomo a bow. "If you excuse me." She gave another bow. She moved towards Kenji and Saburo.
Kakita Kenji wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:20 pm
Asako Saburo wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:41 am
"The past year has been... interesting. I was transferred here to Tsuma after I was in Hirosaka. I was also promised the post of Gokenin if I completed my gempukku here. How have you been? Your training as an Ishiken was certainly not easy, but if I may say so, you look better than before, is it thanks to your training?"

The girl waited to be acknowledged.
Last edited by Bayushi Kaidan on Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Return to “The Kakita Dueling Academy”