Centering Training Questions

Public GM questions concerning New Winds Part 1
Mai

Re: Centering Training Questions

Post by Mai » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:14 am

She does keep lower ones. It's on the fourth roll. If you look at the fifth, she did not keep the two highest.
Mantis Clan Shugenja *Water * Thunder * Prodigy * Lucky

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Items: Scrolls, Jade

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:26 am

Mai wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:14 am
She does keep lower ones. It's on the fourth roll. If you look at the fifth, she did not keep the two highest.

Meditation/Void 4d10o10k3: 29 [4d10o10k3=[17, 7, 5], 1]
9+11+30+10+29=89

She does keep the three highest on the final Meditation/Void roll, but does not note that she is keeping the highest 3. That's why I was asking if the final roll we get to pick or if it's just whatever is highest.
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:28 am

Since you can't note in orokos what you kept for the final roll, if you keep something other than the highest, just note it in the thread.
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:29 am

Thank you! Just wanted to be sure!
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:38 am

In the example, they could have kept the 1 and not the 5 and ended up with a number that is divisible by 5, fun fact
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Mai

Post by Mai » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:43 am

Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:26 am
Mai wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:14 am

Meditation/Void 4d10o10k3: 29 [4d10o10k3=[17, 7, 5], 1]
9+11+30+10+29=89

She does keep the three highest on the final Meditation/Void roll, but does not note that she is keeping the highest 3. That's why I was asking if the final roll we get to pick or if it's just whatever is highest.
I meant she kept the lower one on the fourth roll. If you look at the fifth, she kept an 8 and 1 instead of 8 and 6.

Sorry for any confusion.
Mantis Clan Shugenja *Water * Thunder * Prodigy * Lucky

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Items: Scrolls, Jade

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:28 pm

Can I clear Lost Love's trigger before the event ends?
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:38 pm

Question about Touched by the Void in case I end up getting that :p

So according to the rules in the rules, additions etc thread, you make the Will TN 30 roll before making the roll you spent your VP on, right?

So what happens in the very likely chance you fail? As you become Dazed, you have a -3k0 to your roll (for a net of -1 rolled, +1 kept if I understand this correctly?), but you also can only use Defense or FD stances. So if using a VP in combat for an action that cannot be done in these stances, do you simply lose your action and the VP, and keep Dazed until you succeed in an Earth roll?

Asking bc that sounds almost as bad as not being able to use VPs for attack at all (since a Trait roll at TN 30 needs at least a trait of 6 for a chance of passing over 50 percent). I had this go a tad differently in a table before and I'm a bit surprised as this sounds really, thus why I ask :) I guess it makes some sense for a 4 pt disad, but just to make sure

Thanks!
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:04 pm

Lost love will clear at the end of the event. You can clear it early by spending a VP.

That is exactly how Touch of the Void works. It's very risky.
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Return to “New Winds Part 1 Questions”