No feeling Jaded! (open)

Iuchi Prashant

Re: No feeling Jaded! (open)

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:21 am

The Iuchi boy enters the forge, a bit surprised, to see so much action and energy going on already, but clearly in a cheerful mood. "Ohayou gozaimasu, Doji-san, Kakita-san, Zashi-san!" It was the first time he spoke to the Fox clan boy, but he had seen him in training activities and elsewhere, and he was... 'memorable', one could say. "How does the day find you? I see Doji-san is tenacious in her work!", he says in a light-hearted way.

He then looks around for some space for his own and looks for an oven, then sets a pouch with humid clay, a number of twigs and some pebbles on a workbench, gets some paper and charcoal out, looks at some schematic drawings and starts making some more annotations and changes. "Right... I think this will do it!", he says, then starts bending some twigs and interweaving them in the clay.

OOC
Day 5 Hare - Artisan: Jewelry/ Intelligence for wooden/clay ring with spiral grooves and latticework with pebbles on four slots representing all directions. 1 Raise called, TN 17. Rolling 5k4: 5d10o10k4 26 Yay :)
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:11 pm

Although Kenji still wasn't clear how Zashi could have known about all this, he couldn't lie now. "It's a long story, yesterday,...." Kenji began when Prashant entered the forge.

"Ohaio, Iuhci-san" he said with a bow to him. Kenji waited until Prashant surprisingly went to work.

Perhaps the forge was indeed becoming a social meeting place?

Kenji continued in a whisper: "A ronin arrived here yesterday and gathered students. I thought it was some kind of test, even though the whole thing stunk to high heaven. After we wandered through half of Hirosaka, the ronin went crazy and committed some crimes, escaped here to climb into the hole. Down there is the entrance to a city. We could take the ronin by surprise and hand him over to Agahsa-sama, but she was not very happy about our little stroll."

Kenji reached into his Hakama. "and this is what we found there" In his hands Kenji held one of the Zokujin crystals.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:13 pm

Sakura kind of just watched the conversation with wide eyes. Wasn't she supposed to talk to Kenji? She was so confused!

"Oh, Iuchi-san!" Sakura bowed to the boy with a smile "please feel free to use whatever, and let me know if you want some advice!"

She turned back to Kenji, her eyes going wide at the crystals, and she moved closer.

"Pretty..."
Crane Clan*Artisan*Singer*Weaponsmith*Gemsmith*Gem-obsessed*Tougher than she looks*Daredevil*Tiny*Innocent*Great Potential*Profile
Status: 0.5 | Glory: 1.4 | Honour: As expected | Dojo Points: 52
Equipment: Jade Tanto, Better quality clothes, Sweets, Biwa, Umbrella

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:46 am

The Iuchi turns to the Doji girl and bows to her again "Oh, thanks Sakura-san! I don't want to bother you while you're working, but if you wouldn't mind I'd love to watch some of your methods later", he says warmly before he turns back to his own work. "I don't feel too comfortable working with gems yet, so I'm thinking of using powdered gems from remains to add some sheen and energy to a netsuke. Maybe you can teach me some things about using whole gems later?", he says in a happy voice while he presses and bends the clay and interlaces it with the wood.
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:20 am

"Did you give any thought what you are going to do with it Kenji? You have your gem expert right here"
Fox Clan | Shugenja | Smol | Quirky AF
"I may run and hide, but I'll never tell a lie."
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.7| Status: 1.0 | Topaz Points:

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:42 pm

"I, uh... don't know yet... I have to think about it, but if I have an idea, I know where to go" Kenji said thoughtfully
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:34 pm

Iuchi Prashant wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:46 am
The Iuchi turns to the Doji girl and bows to her again "Oh, thanks Sakura-san! I don't want to bother you while you're working, but if you wouldn't mind I'd love to watch some of your methods later", he says warmly before he turns back to his own work. "I don't feel too comfortable working with gems yet, so I'm thinking of using powdered gems from remains to add some sheen and energy to a netsuke. Maybe you can teach me some things about using whole gems later?", he says in a happy voice while he presses and bends the clay and interlaces it with the wood.
"Powdering gems? Hmm...how much do you need Iuchi-san? From my work I'll have powdered jade left that I could spare" Sakura offered with a smile "I would be happy to teach you about working with gems though. It can be very fiddly though."

She paused, thinking, before adding "I'm going to see a sensei tomorrow about an idea I have, if I get the supplies I'll let you know when I'll be working on it so you can see, as it'll be shaping gems."

Sakura then turned back to Kenji and Zashi, trying not to hop on her feet.

"I think you could use it for a weapon. There might be enough for that" was her suggestion.
Crane Clan*Artisan*Singer*Weaponsmith*Gemsmith*Gem-obsessed*Tougher than she looks*Daredevil*Tiny*Innocent*Great Potential*Profile

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:30 pm

"You could? Wouldn't it be too feeble?" Kenji asked Holding the Crystal to Sakura

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:38 pm

Sakura took the crystal, holding it up to the light.

"So pretty..." her eyes were lit up "it would need to be mixed in with Steel, but you could do both. I don't know how easy it would be to do, I've never tried to work on a crystal weapon before."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:37 pm

"If you want to work with it, you can have it" Kenji said. "See it as a new challenge"

He stretched and took a few bites from his breakfast. Still looking tired.

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:12 pm

"Really?" Sakura said, staring wide-eyed at Kenji

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:13 pm

"Yes, i don't really have a use for it, and it seems to make you happy" Kenji said, smiling

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:23 pm

Sakura held the crystal to her chest, almost hugging it, before forcing herself to offer it back.

"A-ano...It's yours, I can't have it" she offered a refusal, despite every part of her expression and being saying the complete opposite

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:14 am

"You seem to like it, Sakura-san, i can't take it back now" he replied.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:24 am

Doji Sakura wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:34 pm
Iuchi Prashant wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:46 am
"Powdering gems? Hmm...how much do you need Iuchi-san? From my work I'll have powdered jade left that I could spare" Sakura offered with a smile "I would be happy to teach you about working with gems though. It can be very fiddly though."

She paused, thinking, before adding "I'm going to see a sensei tomorrow about an idea I have, if I get the supplies I'll let you know when I'll be working on it so you can see, as it'll be shaping gems."

"Oh! I got some powdered gem from Hida-sensei today, Doji-san, but if you're willing to part with the Jade remains from your work I'll be happy to try something with it too!", He says, smiling.

He then bows a bit "I'll also be very thankful to watch your work and learn from it. If you think I could be of assistance with something as I observe your work, I will be glad to help too!, He says, smiling before he turns back to his own work.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:00 am

Kakita Kenji wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:14 am
"You seem to like it, Sakura-san, i can't take it back now" he replied.
Again Sakura pulled it to herself, then forced herself to offer it.

"But you found it."
Iuchi Prashant wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:24 am
"Oh! I got some powdered gem from Hida-sensei today, Doji-san, but if you're willing to part with the Jade remains from your work I'll be happy to try something with it too!", He says, smiling.

He then bows a bit "I'll also be very thankful to watch your work and learn from it. If you think I could be of assistance with something as I observe your work, I will be glad to help too!, He says, smiling before he turns back to his own work.
"I'll let you know" Sakura said with a smile, focused on Kenjis crystal a little but too much right now.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:02 am

"Fate wanted you to have it, Sakura-san, if not, i wouldn't have found it" Kenji said with a final smile.

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:10 pm

Sakura hugged the crystal, then held it up to the light with a glimmer in her eyes.

"Thank you Kenji-kun! I'll make sure it's really really useful!" she bowed deeply to the boy.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:10 pm

"I think you will do fine," Kenji said and stretched again. "I should take a bath and fix my hair before classes start. See you later," Kenji said and bowed good-bye

/exit

Return to “Hare”