Peaceful

Kuni Yotsuo

Re: Peaceful

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:46 pm

"Well, calligraphy will likely be the most practiced artistic form I'll use in the future. So I may as well become good at it at least," he says with a nod.
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:49 pm

"Precisely. It is the one thing that we would be expected to handle at least passably." Literacy was pivotal no matter what variety of magic they performed. So, of course they would be expected to at least read and write competently. "Might be good practice in any case."
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:55 pm

"I imagine that I'm going to get a good deal of practice in the future. I will likely record the events of my visits to other spirit realms for my family in great detail. Getting a head start on it now is not a bad plan."
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:22 pm

He blinked and his head turned towards the Kuni with a little bit of shock. "You intend to actually visit the other spiritual realms? I had always heard such travels were extremely rare. That... is a lofty goal, Kuni-san. The insights from those realms would be incredible... well, in some ways. I'd advise avoiding Sakkaku myself." And Jigoku, but he figured that didn't need to be said.
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:04 am

"Yes. I was born with the gift to travel to them. I've already done so in the past. I send my spirit there and then return. I've visited Yume-do, Chikushudo, Sakkaku and Yomi in the past already, but it takes a great deal of effort. I've given my word not to attempt it without the sensei's permission while I'm here."

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:23 am

"Such a thing... is best. We're still very young, and I cannot imagine who would be the best to teach and guide. Is there anyone who can teach such things? Yume-do, admittedly, is easy to believe. We all visit it when we sleep, after all." But how did you actually 'enter' it? Saburo had never heard of such a thing... since, ya know, the Kitsu kept a pretty tight lid on that little trick that they had in their back pockets. "Still, to call that an impressive gift is an understatement. It is a rare thing. Rarer than even a student of the void, I should think."

He was... actually, no. He wasn't jealous, but he was amazed, and perfectly willing to believe if the Kuni happened to be bullshitting him. Mostly because it was too neat a possibility to disbelieve and it hardy hurt anything.

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:03 am

"It is very rare. My master among the Kuni was selected based on his study and limited experiences with others that could do similar things. His knowledge is gained from accounts of others and thorough study. He hasn't been an active hunter in years due to his advanced age and inability to keep up, but the experience he has from those years made him more suited to guiding me. He has been learning about it as much as I have throughout the process and we are as careful as we can be. He watches over my body as my spirit leaves it to visit other realms," he explains.

"Before I began training with him, though, my ability was discovered because I would visit the dreams of my family during sleep. I was able to describe their own dreams in detail because I was entering them unintentionally. I enter Yume-do easier than most when I sleep, and remain there for longer and with more control. My dreams are not passive visits, but active explorations. I can't really do anything about visiting Yume-do, it just happens by itself when I sleep, but I've gained enough control and understanding to not invade the dreams of others. I learned by accident during visits to my parent's dreams that they can be quite... private. So I don't do that anymore."

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:30 am

"I have some limited understanding of the spirit realms. Yume-do shifts, warps and twists so much that visitation of it, even as actively as you do, hopefully is not too dangerous." You know, as long as no baku no oni showed up. Hopefully. "But it is wise to take certain precautions. I will say that you are the first I have ever met to have such a gift. Such unique ones are both burden and blessing. I hope that you are able to find the full training that you require to make use of it. It could be a blessing to many, even if the masses... likely would not understanding."

(OOC: Go go fluffy Lore-Spirit Realms 1! haha. He barely knows much.)

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:48 am

"I've been studying them for as long as I've known my master. I know more about the spirit realms than I know about anything else. It is a subject of particular importance to me and safeguarding my soul, so my master had me focus on it. I haven't encountered any baku no oni, and hope not to, but Yume-do is a vast realm. They are not that common there. I'm still practicing controlling the realm each night when I go there. I spend the time building with my mind, before cleaning it when it's time to wake. The baku and the realm don't favor me more than any other person that goes there though, I simply have more awareness and experience."

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:10 am

"My only caution then for you is ... well, a caution my mother gives to me often enough when I am knee deep in the scrolls." He grunted and sighed, trying to sound... motherly. It failed. "Never spend so much time with the other realm that you forget your own." He snorted once and shrugged, offering the Kuni a very slight grin.

"Mother thinks I study too much at times."

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:12 am

"I certainly won't. That would be like spending too much time asleep for my body. I still have to get my exercise in," he replied with a smile.

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:34 am

"You do have a certain point. It is not as if we can bodily enter our dreams in truth." Not that he knew of after all. This sounded like a spiritual thing, which was very different, and hopefully a little distant. He had every imagining what the Kuni would want a man such as him to search for the secrets of, to defend against it.

Not... exactly his first choice personally.

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:52 pm

"Well, most of us never do and never will. But I imagine that there are portals there, much like any other spirit realm. Probably far less common than those to Chikushudo, but not impossible. I doubt I'll ever get the chance to go to any bodily."

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:13 pm

"The little I've read hints that it is more perilous to enter them bodily, though Chikushundo is not unheard of. One of the minor clans is supposed to have an affection for that... I can't recall which one. The Sparrow perhaps?" Close, but no cigar there Saburo. There's a couple of them running around this place in fact. Perfect examples of using that portal, in fact.

Return to “Horse”