[Gardens, Juramashi District, Otosan Uchi] WOW!

Pregame for New Winds Part 1
Yasuki Ginkarasu

Re: [Gardens, Juramashi District, Otosan Uchi] WOW!

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun May 31, 2020 4:27 am

Ginkarasu bows in return. "You'll enjoy it!"

He blinks a moment and tilts his head in thought. "I hope you are not offended, but I am surprised you did not make any polite refusals or anything. I was told there is a social dance of some sort. I will have to inform my Mom that she was wrong."
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun May 31, 2020 4:57 am

Aiichiro noticed the surprised expression of the Kakita and looked around to see if there was anything shocking nearby, becoming properly confused as nothing too unusual was detected. "Why would he politely refuse to buy mochi if he wanted to buy mochi?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sun May 31, 2020 6:27 am

"No Yasuki-san, you're right I'm just, I, I..." Kenji was still speechless. "Let's just say I'm used to other people's manners"

He took a little break. These two, if they keep this up, one day they're going to get the wrong one, who doesn't take this indiscreet way as well as Kenji and then, well, they won't have a very good time.

"It seems you have a different understanding of courtesy in the South" If you have something like that at all, Kenji thought. "In the library, I advise you to do some research on this subject"

Kenji tried to collect himself and took a deep breath.

"I apologize deeply for being so rude to you, Yasuki-san, I hope you can forgive me," he said while bowing.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun May 31, 2020 7:09 am

Ginkarasu nods. "Oh no. I've troubled you." He goes a bit pale.

Then he kneels, "I'm sorry Kakita-sama! I'm still learning, and so much of what I'm learning is for my job. I will forgive you if you do me. That is compassion, and it is not often the part of bushido I see. I was just so thrilled to be honoring my ancestors and not being punched while sharing my families mochi with someone of the Kakita family!"
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun May 31, 2020 8:30 am

He looked at the scene quite embarassed, then realizing it was probably some survival mechanism as being punched was mentioned. It was quite of the cinematic sort, however, a request for pardon this deeply expressed right in front of the library.
"Seems like it is here. I appreciate your recomendation, Kakita-san, but I will first dwell into what would be useful to my formation."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sun May 31, 2020 6:12 pm

Kenji was surprised by the reaction of the yasuki. How do these people in the south treat each other?, he thought. "I accept your apology Yasuki-san"

He turned his gaze to Aiichiro. "Understandable. We should enter the library first, then we'll have a bit more.... privacy," Kenji said and looked around.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:00 am

He stands back up. "Let's go then!"

And heads into the library. The massive library, whose stacks, maze-like, seem to have sprung up where someone decided not to carry scrolls anymore. Shelves sang in groans and rustles.

Ginkarasu stopped just a few feet in the door, looking around. "Wow!"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:40 am

Aiichiro would probably run around if he did not have experience with Shiro Kaiu, where silence is preffered not to interrupt the ongoing discussions, and in libraries per se it was well seen that you also tried to make your steps quiet and muffed.
"Silence, Yasuki-san." He whispered. Later the Kaiu could try to explain it exactly, but the less words spoken in a library the better.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:22 am

He wants to respond but stops. Nods.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:11 am

Clearing his throat out of politeness before speaking, you hear a voice from behind say "Pardon me crab sans, crane san, but would you happen to know how to navigate such a labyrinth of a library. Although it might be fun to get lost in all this knowledge, I do want to see as much of the capital before I start the Ruby Champion's training regiment tomorrow"
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:12 pm

Ginkarasu turns around and bows then puts a finger in front of his mouth. In a hushed whisper. "Shhh, quiet. We're in a library and they don't like people being loud. Uh, no offense."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:38 am

If there ever needed to be a proof that the gods of fate exist, then the appearance of the phoenix was one of them. "It would be my pleasure, Phoenix-san. I am Kakita Kenji. My two companions here are Yasuki Ginkarasu and Kaiu Aiichiro.

He examined the young Phoenix, although since Kenji grew up in the Crane Clan, white hair was not really special, but it was the first time he had seen anyone outside the clan with it.

Probably one of his parents had once been a crane, he thought.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:55 am

He was content by how Ginkarasu acted immediately after. The Yasuki was good company. Feng Cheng almost took the crab for surprise, turning around as he talked, then staring at his hair for a long time. A kouhai. And one he would like to make a lot of questions to. Kenji not whispering inside the library turned Aiichiro to a slight anger... But he was a Phoenix! Still not a Shiba, but close enough.
"I can help you, Phoenix-kouhai. Where do you need to be?" He whispers.
Last edited by Kaiu Aiichiro on Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:35 am

Ginkarasu nods at being introduced.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:26 am

Haruki covers his mouth, bows, then looks at Kaiu Aiichiro. Making sure to whisper this time, "I'm where I want to be currently, same as you I assume, would you care to share a study room if we can get one. Nice to meet you Kenji-san, Aiichiro-Senpai, Ginkarasu-san, I am Isawa Haruki of House Kaito".

Edit: Changed name from Feng Cheng to Haruki
Last edited by Kaito Haruki on Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:03 am

"It's a pleasure to meet you" Kenji whispered. "Well, Kaito-san it's the first time I've been in a building this big. Maybe one of the custodians can help us out here?"

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:30 am

Knowing that even imperial libraries are based off of the system made by Chukan, Haruki looks around for librarian who sits around the entrance, bows slightly, and calmly ask for a private study room for 4.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:16 am

He follows the Haruki until the sideroom in an area reserved for those, futons and other things in the shelves and a round table at the middle. The place was mostly empty of distractions, something that enhanced study. Aiichiro sat on the table, putting the papers usually stuck on his obi over the wood, still rolled.
"What do you use libraries for in your dojos? I don't exactly know a lot about merchant yojimbos, Kakitas and the Kaito."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:39 am

"Depends on the day" Ginkarasu nods firmly, but still whispers, "We talk more. Sensei sees the knowledge they have from living as a sorta living library."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:38 pm

"I actually don't go to a Kaito dojo, never had an affinity with the kami", Haruki whispers as he scratches the back of his head.
"I'm actually training in a branch of the Eternal Phoenix Dojo near the northern border. We regularly need to familiarize ourselves with the history of various struggles. We're not fighting a black and white battle like the crab. We're typically dealing with those who would rather not fight, but feel like they have to: Yobanjin who can't bear the fruit of our work, predatory animals simply protecting their offspring from too curious children, stuff like that."

Return to “Pregame, Part 1”