Tea with a Kaito (Expecting)

Toritaka Sasaiko

Re: Tea with a Kaito (Expecting)

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:25 pm

"That's a sadness, surely. And I guess the elders of your home are similarly restricted in their movements?"
Toritaka Noriko
Falcon * Phantom Hunter (Shug)
S 2.0 * G 2.1 * H As Expected

On-site: robes, sandals, and scroll satchel and scrolls, Seppun blade, Miya-made map of Tsuma; might have money
Off: the above + loaded traveling pack

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:00 pm

"Yes, but they are almost done with the construction of a new bridge. Once I have completed my training, I hope I will be able to go home again. "
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:28 pm

"What caused the bridge to fall?"
Toritaka Noriko

On-site: robes, sandals, and scroll satchel and scrolls, Seppun blade, Miya-made map of Tsuma; might have money

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:37 pm

"The letter I received gave no details on that. I hope it was only because it was old and they were already planning on replacing it anyway. The letter did say they hope to add a few wings to the shrine at the same time."
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:41 pm

"Sounds planned, then. And I am sure that it will be all the better for it."
Toritaka Noriko

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:44 pm

"I bet it will. What are you looking forward to when you return home after this?"

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:53 pm

"Honestly? The smell. The Valley is fragrant with flowers at many times each year, and it is a pleasant thing I miss when I'm away."
Toritaka Noriko

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:06 pm

"What flowers are the most notable walking through your home? For me, it has to be the wisteria, it grew along the bridge and would give you a sweet smell that almost distracts from the heights."

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:17 pm

She smiles.

"The shion and the jasmine, mostly. Others as the seasons shift, but those, ah, those..."

She trails off, enjoying the pleasant memory.
Toritaka Noriko

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:28 pm

"I think that one of the more unique things about my home is this: Winter is not a season that you bunker down to avoid, it is the default of my home. If it weren't for the people, my home would be a living painting, everything in its place since the beginning."

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:33 pm

Isn't that everywhere? she thinks. But she says "Hopefully it's by a good artist. I remember hearing a story of a rather rooted one who became famous for his work--but not because it was good."

She smiles, hoping to make the gentle jest clear.
Toritaka Noriko

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:10 pm

"Was the artist truly bad, or did he just not know what his focal point was yet. Some art that is deemed bad by his contemporaries will later be found and lauded as enterprising by their grandchildren. Those children would have found the center of focus and view the work under new lenses. Little marks that would have been seen as sloppy brushwork suddenly become guiding points to the true center, one which the artist never knew, but it doesn't matter to the new generations. The message remains the same."

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:12 pm

"I do not think that applies to the specific case, but it is an interesting perspective. Much as the Tao reveals new nuance upon further study, and the law applies in new ways."

She nods.

"It is as Asako-san and I were discussing recently, that. Did you speak with him about our talk?"
Toritaka Noriko

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:13 pm

"I have not, but some ideas transcend words, no?"

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:15 pm

"Or we have not found the right ones for them."

And I'd hate to think Asako-san a gossip, she thinks.
Toritaka Noriko

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:27 pm

"Hai, here's to hoping we someday find them." He lifts the cup to just above his eyes, cleans the lid, then sets it back down, empty as clean as it was at the start."

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:31 pm

"To finding what needs it."

She follows suit, then lays out the utensils to clean them and permit inspection.
Toritaka Noriko

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:41 pm

He waits for her to complete her inspection, likely the final part of the ritual, before speaking. "I heard rumors of a games tournament, do you think the senseis are going to test us on that too?"

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:47 pm

"I hadn't heard that, but I would not put it past them," she replies as she begins to pack the accoutrements away. "I am told that games occupy much of court, and court is a calling as serious as any other."
Toritaka Noriko

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:52 pm

"Well, I plan on practicing one of those games during free period today. Consider this me offering an invitation to join me later; I believe it would be a gross miscalculation to assume we won't get tested on them and I am afraid I do not have experience in these courtly games like some of our colleagues. "

Return to “Horse”