Doubt and Trial

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: Doubt and Trial

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:49 am

"I think we finished over here. Outside area during rain was a lot of work for only one person. Let's go study with everyone else."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:42 am

He looks around. "Yeah, okay." A firm nod and he moves to clean and put away the broom.
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:56 am

"Anyway. I know you don't say the price because most people don't know what the coins are worth, but how much is the mochi?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:35 am

"Honestly I don't say the price because I don't know it. You can't normally buy this mochi. Mom made sure I had some really nice stuff that we normally give to guests at home. So...I have no idea." He shrugs.

"A lot of mochi though costs 3 zeni a pop."
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:41 am

He rubs his fingers. "I see. What would you want to study today? I think we can do it together. But be warned I'm studying strategy, so unless for some reason you are doing the same thing, it will just be a bland ride. Or not. I can try to make it sound interesting."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:44 am

"I should probably continue investigating investigatory things. Looking for dirt was part of that." He nods. "Noticing things is good for a yojimbo to do."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:47 am

"I see. I have been trying to surprise you, but it's hard to do so. See you tomorrow, then. I sleep early now because I'm waiting to see if Kokyou-san has chickened out his challenge that was supposed to be at the hour of the Ox. Apparently the answer is yes."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:53 am

He nods. "G'luck. I couldn't get to sleep with that many people up and about."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:56 am

"I used to pray at this time, so it is pretty easy for me. From prayer to sleep it is just one step."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:03 am

A small frown. "I got yelled at when I'd fall asleep while meditating. Learned not to do it near sleep. Prayer's kind of like meditating, yes?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:05 am

"You never prayed on your entire life?" He blurted, direct like a crab and loud in surprise, then looked around. At least no one but servants were passing by.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:09 am

"I mean, never prayed where I felt like sleeping." He shakes his head. "Is it supposed to?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:10 am

"Oh, no no no. It was just a convenient time. You have nothing else to do near sleep."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:16 am

"I've never seen a shrine to Emma-O be put near a bedroom..." He frowns. "Maybe that's it?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:37 am

"Why would you... Ah. I see."
He then went silent almost immediately, and would not break it.

Return to “Monkey”