Doubt and Trial

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: Doubt and Trial

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:16 pm

"Ginkarasu-san, you are my friend. Don't think otherwise." He says, noticing Ginkarasu kind of calmed down a bit. "You are brave, loyal and keeps going. Those are pretty good things for a friend to have."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:22 pm

He stops.

Wipes his face.

"This stupid rain."

"You're my friend too Aiichiro-san. I was so worried when you were hurt."
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:29 pm

"I saw it, and remembered what you told me at the flower field." He replied. "Loyal, brave, and keeps going. See?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:33 pm

He nods.

"Well. That's what being a Crab is, right? You get up and keep going."
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:40 pm

"That's accurate. What do you plan changing your name to? I thought Ginkarasu was cool, but now it only sounds cruel."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:43 pm

He shakes his head, "I don't know. Part of me wants to keep it and accomplish something great anyways."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:49 pm

"Good riddance. I'm totally changing mines anyway. Want to pick something with Katsu."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:43 am

"Katsu? Like, Torikatsu? But you're no chicken!"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:53 am

"Wha- No! Katsu as in victory!"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:06 am

Ginkarasu turns to Aiichiro, grinning. "Okay, but I reserve the right as friend to be the only one to call you Torikatsu if you're hurting yourself, if you do go with a Katsu."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:39 am

He mockingly hit Ginkarasu with the wooden part of the mop as if it was a bokken.
"Defense training will be later for me, attack training can be now"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:56 am

He raised his eyebrows, but looked around and didn't see any sensei.

"Okay! First thing: good, you caught your opponent unaware! Always an excellent way to end a fight quickly. If you're doing it to be honorable though, bushido says you should declare your intent before ambush."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:28 am

"Oh-so-please Akuma-no-oni, I'm ambushing you at the hour of the Dog." He said in a mockery voice and tried to hit Ginkarasu again, but failed, resuming to sweep the floor.
"I was joking. We won't complete the task at hand in time for dinner if we start playing now."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:53 am

"No no, just rules for dealing with samurai. It's what my sensei always said when I'd lay in wait to dish out payback for those who came after me. It wasn't the honorable way. After all, it'd be worse if they did it to me when they were already stronger. It'd take away any ability to fight back." He does keep sweeping though.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:04 am

"Just as a question, do you eat the mochi you sell? Or don't because it's for... selling?" He asked, cleaning the floor. He had the idea to hit Ginkarasu again when he was not expecting, but then he would be lying about joking, so he left it as it was.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:23 am

"I'm serious in that I'm trying to use it to help the Crab. I don't eat it unless it's about to go bad, because then it'd just be a waste. Or on holidays, because everyone deserves some mochi on a holiday." He pushes a bit of rolled up mud outside.

"Whatever coins I have at the end of this I'm sending to a quartermaster at the Wall, so they have more they can use to help the soldiers there."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:53 am

"That's really nice, Ginkarasu-san. Really nice." He says, seriously. He sweeps some more, notices he never said that he wouldn't hit again...
"Ambush!" and then hit Ginkarasu in surprise again. But missed.
D3 Monkey - Doubt and Trial: Way too much into hitting Ginkarasu - Jiujitsu (Improvised Weapon)/Agility: 2d10 14

"Saying it is an ambush isn't helping. Anyway, it reminds me of when we played Scorpion. I was a really bad player, but it was really fun. Talking about... Ever know what the game is? If it's a Kaiu fad, that would explain a lot of things."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:12 am

He shook his head, "We'd play Yojimbo versus Bandits. Thanks for the breeze by the way! This is hot work!"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:23 am

He smiled and gave up.
"We also played the Kaiu game, but the Scorpion game was something special. Basically, it was a game where you started to lie about everything, everytime you could, until someone guessed that you were playing Scorpion. But there's way more history on the top of that."
"So. If someone guessed that you were playing Scorpion, you had to do their homework. I mean, I'm bad at lying and I loved this game, which is probably part of the reason I got so intelligent looking back then. Having to do three different essays on arc physics is no joke. Anyway, a girl started to frequently guess that everyone was playing Scorpion, so we agreed that if someone guessed wrong, they had to do your homework. But then people started to ask questions they knew the answer for, so this rule was changed so that you could only guess if you really believed the person was playing Scorpion. Things only went downhill from here, because the sensei discovered about it and, as you can imagine, she got really angry. So we all had to listen a lesson on the importance of Gi. But technically some people were playing Scorpion when we were forced to say that we would stop with the game, so the game continued to run in secret with the added rule that you could stop playing Scorpion if you said out loud that you were not playing Scorpion anymore. But for that to work they had to change the name of the game, so it was now called the Itode game because someone found out in a history book that there was a scorpion named Shosuro Itode buried amongst the Hida war heroes. So the game continued to live on until someone lied to a bushi, and... Well, bad things happen when you lie to someone defending the wall, and then... We never played it anymore."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:23 am

He nodded at that. "Yeah. Important thing about playing a game...knowing who is playing the game as well. That makes sense."

Return to “Monkey”