My Jade and I (Open)

Doji Sakura

Re: My Jade and I (Open)

Post by Doji Sakura » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:09 am

Sakura Took a small breath, glad things were calming down, before giving Kokyou a bow.

"I would like to see you use them, just to make sure the silver doesn't chip away. It shouldn't, but I would like to make sure."
Crane Clan*Artisan*Singer*Weaponsmith*Gemsmith*Gem-obsessed*Tougher than she looks*Daredevil*Tiny*Innocent*Great Potential*Profile
Status: 0.5 | Glory: 1.4 | Honour: As expected | Dojo Points: 52
Equipment: Jade Tanto, Better quality clothes, Sweets, Biwa, Umbrella

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:26 am

"We can do it during free period if you want, I was going to ask for permission to bring out training supplies to practice spears anyway. I'm certain that Sakura's craftsmanship would make an unfair advantage if used in official training."
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:10 am

"I am curious though." Zashi looks over the weapon. "What does the silver do? Is it for aesthetics, because I certainly understand that drive? But I am curious about the types of materials." Zashi wipes a bit of drool of the corner of their lips. "So shiny..."
Fox Clan | Shugenja | Smol | Quirky AF
"I may run and hide, but I'll never tell a lie."
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.7| Status: 1.0 | Topaz Points:

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:32 am

"It um..." Sakura peeked at Kokyou "is for absorbing lightning."

She still didn't understand, so she hoped Kokyou would explain.
Crane Clan*Artisan*Singer*Weaponsmith*Gemsmith*Gem-obsessed*Tougher than she looks*Daredevil*Tiny*Innocent*Great Potential*Profile

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:42 am

"Aye!" He confirms with a nod. It was confident enough to make it true.
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:50 am

"Huh...so, is it a conduit for a kata? Something that holds the elemental force of lightning? If I may...we could test it."

Zashi shuts their eyes, concentrating. Fire spirits were the most common in a forge, but wind lived in the bellows.

D4 Hare-Summon(Air): 4d10o10k3 20

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:06 am

"No needs t' test anythin', matey. Sakura-chan forged a nemuranai, I be certain. I jus' needs t' find out how t' wake it up."
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:09 am

"Years of use, maintaining it lovingly, and doing great deeds with it typically. Sakura sure has made a good starting point though, hopefully Suigen lets you see it when it finally becomes one."
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:40 pm

"No lightning in the forge!" Sakura nearly shouted, looking horrified "this is a place of art, not fighting or weather storms!"

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:59 pm

That damn fox! Kenji thought so when he quickly placed himself between Sakura and Zashi.
"Stop this at once, Zashi-san"
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:27 pm

The magic releases into a small spark of static.

"Come on" Zashi gives the group an annoyed expression. "I'm not summoning bolts of lightning here. I am not that foolish"

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:37 pm

Sakura sighed, bowing to Zashi.

"Sorry Zashi-san. I think everyone is a little jumpy this morning. I'll...go back to my work."

She returned to the Jade, using her smithing tools to continue with the careful shaping.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:49 pm

Noticing the tension, Haruki tries to diffuse it by going over what he's heard from servants while cleaning. "Sakura-san, what is you opinion on the rumor that a tengu was spotted last night?"

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:05 pm

"What's a Tengu?" Sakura looked at Haruki confused

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:41 pm

Haruki looks at Sakura quizzically, almost like he's trying to find the joke not told. "The ancient race of the wind who it is rumored taught Kakita-sama himself how to make a katana. There are some members of the Crane clan that marry out just for the chance to meet one in their lifetime. And to think that some of us could have had the chance to talk to one before even owning a sword."

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:44 pm

"Huh? Really?" Sakura clearly hadn't heard of that "I thought it was Kakita-Shiryo that made it and taught everyone. Is that not true?"

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:56 pm

"While it is true that Kakita-Shiryu made the first katana, the tengu showed him how to fold the steel personally first. He then took what he learned and showed the whole empire."

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:32 am

Zashi wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:27 pm
The magic releases into a small spark of static.

"Come on" Zashi gives the group an annoyed expression. "I'm not summoning bolts of lightning here. I am not that foolish"
Kokyou had his eyes focused on the sparkle Zashi produced, actually expecting it to jump on the blade and glow. Yet, people were indeed kind of jumpy. He shrugs and bows once more.

"Blow me down. Good day t' everyone. Poppet, I hope ye enjoyed the mochi. We shall go out t' do somethin' else together, soon."

/exit if not stopped

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:12 pm

Kenji watched Kokyou go.
After he was at an acceptable distance, Kenji went to Haruki: "So, what do you wanted to discuss?"
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:38 pm

"I am enjoying it Kokyou-san! Thank you. I hope the kama do their job well, Fortunes watch over you" she bowed to Kokyou before looking back at Haruki.

"What does a Tengu look like? I don't know what a Tengu is."

Return to “Hare”