My Jade and I (Open)

Zashi

Re: My Jade and I (Open)

Post by Zashi » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:24 pm

Zashi blithely ignores Kenji's threat of violence with casual ease.

It's not your blade I'm afraid of kid

"Well, I think some others have stopped by, but it has become Sakura-san's to an extent. As for the masks, I don't know how much more help I'll be. I haven't worn it yet. I figure that I need to save it for important moments."
Fox Clan | Shugenja | Smol | Quirky AF
"I may run and hide, but I'll never tell a lie."
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.7| Status: 1.0 | Topaz Points:

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:26 pm

"I asked a sensei, apparently it's maybe used once or twice a year."

Sakura seemed sad about that.

"But me and Zashi-san are going to decorate it so it looks nice and inviting, and I'm going to speak with my sensei back home to see if a deal can be reached to have Kakita smiths working here. I don't want this place to be left alone and unloved for so long, it's such a lovely forge."
Crane Clan*Artisan*Singer*Weaponsmith*Gemsmith*Gem-obsessed*Tougher than she looks*Daredevil*Tiny*Innocent*Great Potential*Profile
Status: 0.5 | Glory: 1.4 | Honour: As expected | Dojo Points: 52
Equipment: Jade Tanto, Better quality clothes, Sweets, Biwa, Umbrella

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:35 pm

"I wanted to make sure we all knew the properties of the mask to the best of our abilities. I went to Asako-sensei about them and she just said we needed to heed every warning the spirit gave about them. Now I know this is a part of my duty as a Phoenix Clan samurai when I pass Gempaku, so I will treat these masks as a test of my abilities. How many people know about them?"
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:37 pm

Zashi looks around the group, counting with his finger. "Wait, you told

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:39 pm

"This is a noble task, Sakura-san, I very much believe that Zashi-san will make a wonderful decoration for the forge"

He turned to Haruki

"Yogo-san" admitted Kenji "I have asked her to help me find out more about the masks"
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:55 pm

Sakura took her mask out of her bag, holding it close to her.

"I haven't told or shown anyone. I don't see why I need to! Also I'm decorating with Zashi-san. Maybe Kenji-san could help too?" She looked at Kenji with those blue eyes...
Crane Clan*Artisan*Singer*Weaponsmith*Gemsmith*Gem-obsessed*Tougher than she looks*Daredevil*Tiny*Innocent*Great Potential*Profile

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:20 pm

Kakita Kenji wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:39 pm
"This is a noble task, Sakura-san, I very much believe that Zashi-san will make a wonderful decoration for the forge"
"Damn straight." Zashi runs a hand through their long red locks. "I'm very, very pretty." Zashi grins at Kenji.

You're going to have to try a lot harder than that to embarrass me

"I'm a little surprised you all told people. I mean, the bakeneko pretty much told us: we turn into the same forms as we did the other night. The more we wear it, the most the animal in us to called to be permanent. I've been holding off using it. It might make more sense to experiment on nights that we are not so focused on classwork from the day that our mental energy to resist the call is depleted. Of course, now we can't sneak out of the dormitory at night..." Zashi gives Haruki a look. "Was that your doing as well Kaito-san?"

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:26 pm

"Wha' be happenin' here? Ye sure are popular, shiver me timbers, poppet." Kokyou boasts out loud to Sakura as he enters the forge in a dash. "So they heard about the magnificent items ye made fer me 'n rushed t' commission blades fer 'em as well. I am glad I was able t' bring ye glory 'n fame."
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:33 pm

Haruki can see someone approach from the hallway and stops himself from speaking for a second, putting a finger up to show he want's to tab talk of the masks for now "I'll save this conversation for another time, apparently this forge has become the new meeting place. Good morning Mantis-san."
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:31 pm

"Damn straight." Zashi runs a hand through their long red locks. "I'm very, very pretty." Zashi grins at Kenji.
Pretty full of yourself, Kenji thought.

"Yes Sakura-San, i would love to help you and that little fox decorate the forge, a little bit more red would suddenly add to it"

When Kokyou entered the scene, he greeted him with a visibly deeper bow than he had greeted Zashi. "Kokyou-san, what brings you here?"
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:39 pm

Sakura also put her mask away, bowing to Kokyou.

"Ah, Kokyou-san! Good morning! I hope you are well? Wait here, let me get it for you."

She hurried over to the other side of the forge, then came back carrying a wrapped package. She put it down on the table, before unwrapping here.

"They're ready now. Here you go!"

Inside the package was a beautiful set of kama:

The blades had a silver coating to them that reflected the light in the room well.

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:53 pm

"Jolly morning, poppet." He gives Sakura and bow, and series nods to the other people around to they fell greeted, too. "Morning, th' whole lot."
Kakita Kenji wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:31 pm
When Kokyou entered the scene, he greeted him with a visibly deeper bow than he had greeted Zashi. "Kokyou-san, what brings you here?"
"The booty Sakura-chan's has so mighty well prepared fer me!"
Doji Sakura wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:39 pm
"They're ready now. Here you go!"
He nods and pays attention to the small girl. A single tear nearly runs down his watered left eye. But it remains there, in respect.

With another sharp bow to Sakura and the items, he claps twice, produces another bow, and firmly gets his hands around the handles. Breathing in to add drama to the moment, Kokyou readies his stance, and then displays his expertise in a very well performed kata that his unnamed family used to do.
--
D4, Hare, Knives/Agility: 4d10o10k3 30
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:03 am

Zashi lets out a low whistle. "Ive never seen that one before."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:37 am

"I know anything can be used as a weapon, but why go out of your way to make silvered kama. Usually when I see them used, they are to cut wheat in a field. Is there something about life at the sea that makes standard weapons less practical?"

D4 Hare: Etiquette/Awareness: 2d10o10k1 19

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:05 am

"These are tools t' reap wha' the hands o' th' Fortunes sow." He mentions with a grin, taking no offense. "'n the proper blade t' cut unnecessary things off, such as ropes attached t' the ship, n' the throat o' many curious scallywags."

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:08 am

"Kaito-san, you are in my workspace insulting my work?" Sakura said, looking annoyed "Kokyou-san requested this and provided the materials, so I created it for him."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:17 am

"One second, I didn't mean it like that. I was just thinking out loud again, ah, I think I've got it. If I recall what I read correctly, didn't your ancestors realize quickly that katanas don't work at sea because the salt water rusts metal quicker. Now I'm not sure if using silver instead changes the qualities of them enough to change how they work, but I'm sure there's some sort of stress test we could do right?"

D4 Hare: General Lore: 3d10 18

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:24 am

"Everythin' rusts in the sea, except the heart o' the worthy." He chuckles. "I can stress test me fist into ye nose, if ye keep badmouthin' Sakura-san's art."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:41 am

"Right, but that's why they must use what most would view as peasant weapons, because it is more cost efficient to carry multitudes of less expensive weapons than to have all your sailors constantly cleaning the rust away, right? You wouldn't wear clothes made for the Winter Court to go fishing right?"

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:57 am

Kokyou tilts his head at Haruki's enormous effort to correct things politely. After a moment, he shrugs, ignoring the comment.

He turns to Sakura and grins, "I'll put 'em t' good use, poppet."

Return to “Hare”