A little water? No problem

Doji Sakura

Re: A little water? No problem

Post by Doji Sakura » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:06 am

Sakura went red at 'love birds', entirely missing when Zashi paid for the tea and sweet buns. She just looked at the floor shyly, not sure what to say.
Crane Clan*Artisan*Singer*Weaponsmith*Gemsmith*Gem-obsessed*Tougher than she looks*Daredevil*Tiny*Innocent*Great Potential*Profile
Status: 0.5 | Glory: 1.4 | Honour: As expected | Dojo Points: 52
Equipment: Jade Tanto, Better quality clothes, Sweets, Biwa, Umbrella

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:16 am

Zashi hands Sakura one of the buns. "Aww, we do make a cute couple, don't we?"

Zashi chuckles at her blush. "You always flush at the idea. I thought your people were all about elegant courtship and all that."
Fox Clan | Shugenja | Smol | Quirky AF
"I may run and hide, but I'll never tell a lie."
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.7| Status: 1.0 | Topaz Points:

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:42 am

((You have 5 hours from this post to make your return roll))
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:15 am

Zashi looks at the sky and frowns. "We should get back soon if we don't want to get caught."

Zashi redons the disguise, trying to make sure that the rain has kept it intact

D3 Boar-Step 3-Returing to the Dojo-Acting/Awareness: 6d10o10k3 34

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:20 pm

Zashi wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:16 am
Zashi hands Sakura one of the buns. "Aww, we do make a cute couple, don't we?"

Zashi chuckles at her blush. "You always flush at the idea. I thought your people were all about elegant courtship and all that."
sakura looked at the bun, shyly, taking a few moments to calm down before she spoke.

"Back at the Kakita academies, most of the other kids didn't think that well of me. They called me stupid, or said I looked more like a Crab than a Crane. I was kinda lonely, but I just dedicated myself entirely to making pretty things. I guess..I'm just not used to someone thinking that I'm a pretty thing. My mother said that other kids hadn't likely seen Doji children before, so they might treat me differently because the Doji are naturally very pretty and innocent, but...ano..." she peeked up at Zashi "am I just pretty because I'm a Doji?"

Vutall wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:42 am
((You have 5 hours from this post to make your return roll))
(Was asleep, roll here:
D3 Boar coming back - Athletics/str over the wall TN7: 6d10o10k3 56
Continuing thread)
Crane Clan*Artisan*Singer*Weaponsmith*Gemsmith*Gem-obsessed*Tougher than she looks*Daredevil*Tiny*Innocent*Great Potential*Profile

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:31 pm

"Nuuuuu-well, partially." Zashi actually looks taken aback, as if something had surprised them. "I suspect that you owe your parents for those lovely blue eyes and your pretty face. But Sakura-chan...do you know how many pretty faces I've seen? How many pretty girls, and boys for that matter, are at that dojo?"

Zashi gives Sakura an appraising look. "What I haven't seen from so many others is what is here." Zashi taps her collarbone, above her heart. Zashi actually blushes for a moment, realizing where he's touched, "I mean, not there there. I mean, what you've made yourself. When those bullies went around mocking you in that story you just mentioned, you didn't wither away. You didn't insist upon becoming just like them so that they wouldn't bother you. You took sadness and pain, and decided that you wanted to make beauty out of it.

Zashi's usual mischief is gone from their features. "History is filled with people who took their pain and decided to share it with everyone they could with conquest and destruction and death. You have taken that fear, and the sorrow and that loneliness and turned it into something that would bring joy and light into this world.That's why I've hung around other than a quick flirt and a wink to make you blush. That's why I think you are stunningly beautiful."

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:41 pm

Sakura was speechless. Not because of the touching, although that was blushworthy. The words that Zashi said stunned her into silence. To hear someone say such things about her was so touching. She blinked a few times, feeling her eyes watering.

"That...is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. Zashi-san...no...Zashi-kun...you are" she blinked a few more times "you are the nicest and most lovely person I have ever known in my life and I swear I'm not going to cry" the last part got a little high-pitched as a few tears ran. She rubbed her face with her sleeve.

"Zashi-kun is special. I want to spend more time with him because he is the most wonderful person. Thank you. Thank you for being my friend, for being with me. I really...really like being with you."

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:11 pm

"Ummm, crying? What?" Zashi looks completely flummoxed. "I thought I said nice things." Without thinking, Zashi folds Sakura into an embrace. "I very much like being with you too. I hope I get the chance to be around you for a very long time."

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:25 pm

"It was nice! Really, really really nice" Sakura said, wrapping her arms round Zashi and hugging him tight "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cry, it just make me so happy and I..." she closed her eyes "I want you to stay around always."

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:19 pm

"That's possible." Zashi hugs back but parts slightly. "There's complications though Sakura-chan. You're the daughter of a great Clan, one with a history of marrying brides off to favorable matches. And I'm...not from a Great Clan. There's no avoiding that."

Zashi's face becomes resolute. "I guess I just have to impress everybody"

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:30 pm

"I think Zashi-kun is doing well. I...know everyone considers a Doji being the best prize wife. A few people have hinted at marriage, although Kenji-san said he wasn't serious about it" there was a slight blush "I didn't consider marriage when I came here, but...ano...if I had to marry someone that was here, I...would...marry you..."

Her face was blushing brightly again.

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:26 pm

"Not the best. Normally, I wouldn't care." Zashi tilts Sakura's chin up gently. "I don't see you as a prize to be won Sakura-chan. I...honestly enjoy spending time with you to. The idea of eternity in your company is something I...would like very much, as terrifying as the consequences of that are. I don't want you to decide because I am the best one here at the dojo. And if the most I can do is help give you the time and freedom to choose of your own accord, well, I am happy to do so." Zashi gulps, waiting for a response.

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:32 pm

Sakura's blue eyes looked deeply into Zashi's grey ones as her face was tilted up; she couldn't help it. She was a simple soul, and everything about Zashi pulled her in. Even the warnings from Kenji were entirely forgotten, and she took a small calming breath before speaking.

"I..didn't say that because you are the best or not the best or anything. I said it because you are Zashi-kun, because you are like me and think like me. I think. Ano...I'm really bad at this...but well" she took another breath "I would choose Zashi-kun for Zashi-kun. If Zashi-kun could accept me for the person I am, I don't think I'll ever really change from how I am now" she chuckled softly "I'll never be very smart, and I'll always get a little obsessed with gemstones. I don't think I'm the best Doji bride, I mean I even sneak out at night when a proper Doji would be getting more sleep, and my hands are not the nicest because I work with metals and other rough things. But if you'll accept me, then...I will be with you."

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:09 pm

Zashi is very quiet, the usual exuberance fading as grey met blue. "I am waiting for the catch Sakura." In spite of the joking words, the tone is serious.

"I'm hardly the smartest one out there too, so I am in no place to judge. I love your work with the gem stones, and I would hardly want you to stop. You are making something truly special in that forge, and if that obsession. As for these hands..." Zashi picks them up, and kisses the back of them gently. "If the proper Doji lady wouldn't sneak out with me, then I am extremely happy that one isn't with me right now. So, I'll ask again, why would any of those things make me not want to accept you."

Zashi raises a hand, trying to cut off an immediate response. "I am not exactly perfect material either. I'm not from a major clan, and it would be seen as a step down for you and your parents. And I'm flighty, and glib and mischievous, and that is never going to change. Finally...there are secrets. Secrets of my lineage that I cannot tell you, secrets that I could only share with my spouse. You would have to go in on faith, and I want you to be warned that you aren't seeing the entire me yet. And this isn't something we should rush into."

"That said" Zashi moves holds up her hands again, "I accept all of those things about you Doji Sakura-dono. And if you can accept me, with all my warning and caveats, I wish to return to your home after this schooling is complete, and I would request your parents to be betrothed to you."

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:48 pm

Zashi knew Sakura so well. She went red, and had indeed tried to speak when he raised his hand to stop her, falling to silence and listening. He seemed so mysterious, with secrets and everything. She stayed silent long after he stopped speaking, just looking contemplative. She wasn't even reacting to him holding her hands anymore.

"I see." She finally said, nodding. "You have an important yet secret lineage that you cannot tell anyone but the person you marry, and it's dangerous. Are you dangerous, Zashi-kun? Would your secret put me or others in danger?"

She paused again, before shaking her head.

"It doesn't matter. I..I accept you with everything. Because you are...You are Zashi-kun, and I trust you. Completely. S-So...I will take you back to my parents. My mother is kind, my father is rude. Please forgive my father, he grew up on the wall and apparently that makes people rude."

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:02 am

"I doubt it would put you at risk, or any of mine, but I can't know for certain." Zashi preens slightly, clearly flattered. "And yes, I am dangerous. Dangerous to anyone who would harm you."

"For you, I am happy to brave a grumpy Father-in-law to be" Zashi pauses for a moment before lightly pressing their lips against Sakura's.

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:05 am

"He swears a lo-" Sakura started before words became difficult. Her eyes widened in shock at Zashi's bold action, entirely unprepared for it. Her face was flustered almost immediately, but rather than pull away she slowly closed her eyes and returned a soft kiss back. The whole world going silent except for the pattering of rain on her umbrella over them, and the racing of her heart.

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:08 am

Zashi holds the moment close, savoring it, the absolute moment of quiet under the umbrella, close with the human he cares the most about in the world.

Well, you've really done it. You better not screw this up.

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:26 am

After what felt like forever, the moment ended. Sakura had moved back slightly when Zashi did, her eyes slowly opening and looking into his. It took her a few moments before she spoke.

"...lot."

Silence again, and she looked down shyly before peeking back up at Zashi again.

"Ano...The tea and cakes might be cold now. Shall we bring them back?"

She hadn't let go of his hands at all.

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:31 am

"I think he's going to be swearing a lot. I don't mind." Zashi squeezes Sakura's hand. "Let's head back"

Return to “Boar”