A Doji and her Jade (open)

Moto Ichiro

Re: A Doji and her Jade (open)

Post by Moto Ichiro » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:08 pm

"no...you brought up a preference for working with jewels, I expressed my thoughts on jewels and things that exist just to look pretty, and then you got angry with me. I don't see how having a preference in form over function is something insulting. If an archer told me they prefer the bow over my tetsubo I wouldn't be offended, if they said the bow was more useful I would simply disagree but I wouldn't get mad." he took a deep breath finding the argument exhausting.

He looked around the forge "I didn't know this place was one that restricted speech, for that I guess I will apologize its not something anyone has told me." artist sure were a particular and sensitive bunch.
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:13 pm

"Do you go to a dojo and insult the sensei for doing the teaching their way?" Sakura shook her head and sighed "you called it a waste. That was the exact word you used. Waste. That's what I got annoyed as, and rightly so! If you're going to try and dance around your own words, don't say them in the presence of two witnesses. Kami...I'm tired of this. I have something more important to do than this."

She turned away, back to focusing on her Jade.

"He's so rude" she said to Zashi.
Crane Clan*Artisan*Singer*Weaponsmith*Gemsmith*Gem-obsessed*Tougher than she looks*Daredevil*Tiny*Innocent*Great Potential*Profile
Status: 0.5 | Glory: 1.4 | Honour: As expected | Dojo Points: 52
Equipment: Jade Tanto, Better quality clothes, Sweets, Biwa, Umbrella

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:28 pm

Ichiro shrugged again "I don't see the comparison, you are not a sensei, I wasn't commenting on a teaching style, I was commenting on a type of object. I danced around nothing, my words may have been blunt but it was the thought I had and I believe I first asked if it was a waste I did not say it was a waste, for a Doji the subtlety of voice inflection seems to be lost on you. You are not the first to call me rude but I like to think I am honest and blunt. People mince words too often when things could be done much quicker by getting to the heart of an issue."

"You call me rude when you are the one being aggressive, you could have used this chance to teach and enlighten me but instead decided to argue and get angry. I won't force my presence on you, I suppose I'll go to the library and find some scrolls on the subject." he turned to exit the forge "later." he said throwing a wave over his shoulder.
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:18 am

Zashi offers a shake of the head. "Well, I think he's full of himself Sakura-chan." Zashi looks over. "I meant what I said. I see the purpose you put into your work"
Fox Clan | Shugenja | Smol | Quirky AF
"I may run and hide, but I'll never tell a lie."
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.7| Status: 1.0 | Topaz Points:

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:11 pm

Sakura at least had the manners to bow to the retreating Unicorn, before sighing.

"Thank you Zashi-san. I'm glad you were here" she gave him a small smile "honestly it's the way he said it. Calling it a waste. Even if he thought it was a question, it's rude. Art is never a waste, art is the most wonderful thing in the empire."
Crane Clan*Artisan*Singer*Weaponsmith*Gemsmith*Gem-obsessed*Tougher than she looks*Daredevil*Tiny*Innocent*Great Potential*Profile

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:27 pm

"Are you sure? Those mochi you had are pretty high up there... or are they art too?" Zashi lightly touches Sakura's arm. "Either way, I absolutely think you should continue your work. And I didn't get to see your progress yet!"

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:35 pm

"Mochi is art! Not my art but it's art! Look at the care put into how they're made, how can they not be art?" Sakura said as she nudged them towards Zashi.

"Oh! Hai, look" She brought the jade over. The handle had been shaped now, and she had been working on the blade side of it now. It was still somewhat a blob of jade, but it was start to appear as a shaped Jade.

"I think another three to four days of work and i'll be finished."

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:45 am

"Does that make you art Doji-san?" Zashi chuckles, snickering at the joke and Sakura's expected reaction.

"It's slow going, but there is certainly something to slow progress."

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:55 am

"Huh? Me?" Sakura looked down at herself "ano...I don't know. Am I art?"

She nodded at the Jade.

"Hai, not long to go. I will have to start thinking about my next project!"

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:19 am

"Well, I think you're one of the best parts of the Empire. Going by your own logic you must be a piece of art work." Zashi preens, "People say the same about me, just leaving out the "art" part"

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:23 pm

Sakura blushed at the praise, shaking her head.

"If I am art than Zashi-san is also art. Zashi-san is one of the best and nicest people I have ever known."

Return to “Hare”