To Hunt Frogs

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: To Hunt Frogs

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:46 am

He approached, taking the wagasa. He would take it off himself if she explicitly did not say that she wanted to take it. "This one?" He asks, looking at the green thing and feeling relieved that he chose to analyze the frogs first than killing them.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:48 am

"We'd have to find one though. I have a cricket cage, but it has a cricket in it. I don't think they'd get along very well in such a small space." Nesrin points at the one perched on Nobuko..."Ahh, I think that one likes you!" she says with definite glee.

As Aiichiro picks it up, she answers him "Well, it did kind of volunteer."
Unicorn Clan * Bushi * Battle Maiden * Honest and Fair * Hard to pronounce name
Honor: A Soul Above Question * Status: 1 * Glory: 3

Description

"Every day is a journey, and the journey itself home" -Bashō
Speaking Tegensai

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:54 am

"Two," she said. "One for Utaku-san and one for me. For luck."

With her umbrella being held and gloves protecting her hands, she bent over and snapped her hands out to catch one. A soft giggle of surprise and glee escaped her as he triumphantly held one aloft for the other two to see.

-----
OOC
D3 Hare; Hunting/Agil: 2d10 7
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:58 am

"Nice catch! Do you want one too, though, Kaiu-san?" She gently scoops one from the wall. "I mean, look at that little face."

----
(no really, look https://preview.redd.it/x9rrd2pg6t631. ... ac3f83dbe9)

Description

Speaking Tegensai

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:00 pm

"I don't think it would like to be on Shiro Kaiu. It is too near the Shadowlands, and for some reason animals freak out there."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:05 pm

"ohhh, yeah, that...that wouldn't be good." Being a bit less settled in the ways of polite society, Nesrin doesn't seem to mind the topic coming up, but she definitely seems a bit more solemn. Since that's not a cheery topic.

She lets the little frog hop off and away. "Maybe I can make a cage that'll hold till we find something better out of some branches or something." The brooms they use to sweep the room are way too stiff for the task, but surely there's some spring twigs outside to work with.

--------
Artisan: basketweaving?/Agility?

Description

Speaking Tegensai

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:07 pm

The frog was small enough that Nobuko could easily drop it into the palm of one hand and carefully take off her glove around it to keep it safely inside as a means of carrying it. Once the free end of the glove was secured, she dropped it into her sleeve and removed her other glove, then held out her hands for her umbrella, "I shall retrieve a basket for it and it will be safe with my things until later."

"Oh... speaking of later, if either of you are so inclined, Yasuki Ginkarasu and I shall be sitting with some mochi in the barracks during the hour of the Dog."
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:08 pm

((Basket weaving/agi works, cost would be 5 zeni per the crafting rules to make a small cage))
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:19 pm

She definitely perks up at that. "Mochi? How fun. I'd bring my Aachuul, but we ate it the first night. I really should have brought more."

"Maybe I should make a cage first and then catch one. I imagine they'll be around for a bit now that it's so wet out."

Description

Speaking Tegensai

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:33 am

"The day at least," she agreed. "I believe I shall take mine inside and see if there are any baskets that can serve as a cage for now. Do enjoy your baths."

Nobuko bowed to each of them.

Return to “Hare”