[Gardens, Juramashi District, Otosan Uchi] WOW!

Pregame for New Winds Part 1
Yasuki Ginkarasu

Re: [Gardens, Juramashi District, Otosan Uchi] WOW!

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon May 25, 2020 7:14 am

"Mom and Dad are taking most of it with them. Hoping to convince one of the Otomo to use them as a mochi supplier for the next Winter Court. But I've got some of the second best with me for the trip." He grins. "If I can turn it into a koku or something close, then I bet they'll be real impressed."
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon May 25, 2020 7:42 am

"Ah, so it is not missing. I thought it was stolen." He said, looking to the side and relaxing his face from the worried expression. "Don't try to sell me mochi again." He adds quickly, remembering the days at the river. "I'm not buying mochi."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon May 25, 2020 8:06 am

A brief nod. "I won't."

He's looking out over the flowers.
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon May 25, 2020 8:16 am

He inhaled deeply, as if the garden was possessing him. It started to. The atmosphere was so beautiful it was relaxing. "I'm getting tired of this place." He said. "Too many flowers. I think I already saw eveything on the city I wanted, too."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon May 25, 2020 8:41 am

He looks over, "I would've figured the big library would be interesting. I know it'd be neat to see Seppun Hill, but no way we're getting into the Forbidden City."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon May 25, 2020 9:26 am

"If there is a ground elevation near, we can climb it to see Seppun Hill. Or just a really high tower. Do you know the district of the library?"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon May 25, 2020 10:47 am

"Depends on which library. They say the biggest is in this one!" He smiles. "Though I was warned about taking anything off of the shelves or getting lost."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon May 25, 2020 11:05 am

"Do you know approximately where it is? Even if vaguely, it should help. Don't worry about losing yourself amongst the shelves if you are by my side."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon May 25, 2020 11:36 am

He shakes his head no. "This district is supposed to be like a maze. No idea. But we could ask! I bet the city guards would be helpful!"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon May 25, 2020 11:39 am

"Let's ask the guards!" He said, going on his way to leave the flower field using the road he took to get there, looking around for a bushi.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue May 26, 2020 3:15 am

It took a little while...though not so long as it might have. Samurai kids alone in this district had to be looked after, especially Crabs. And especially Kaiu. Never know when one would try taking out a keystone to see if they were right.

Hands on his hips Ginkarasu asked, "Which way to the big library!"

The guard raises an eyebrow.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue May 26, 2020 3:28 am

Taking out a keystone was a very appealing thing yes, but he had on his mind that respect for the city had to be greater than his curiosity. Most of the time, at least.
He bowed to the guard as a greeting like normal, looking at Ginkarasu to see if he would do the same, taking his fan out... And failing the courtier-like manners immediately after.
"Where is the big library!"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue May 26, 2020 4:03 am

The guard bows, probably condescendingly, "Greetings young masters. Welcome to Juramashi. Do you see the street corners, where they've put in the colored stone bricks?"

Ginkarasu side eyes Aiichiro and tries to bow like he did. "Yes! But, for my friend, which ones?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue May 26, 2020 4:26 am

He grasped by the conversation how this part of the city worked: Literally like a puzzle. "And why would the Emperor want a city that looks like a maze?" He asked soundly, remembering what the Yasuki said earlier.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue May 26, 2020 4:33 am

The guard had an answer, but he made a show of thinking about it first. "I expect, young master, to help guide those loyal to him and confound those who are not. Why, you'd need to know that the brown stones lead you towards the library and the red to the garden. If you tried to follow the black to either, you'd be quite sad indeed."

Ginkarasu nods slowly. "Thank you Guard-sama!"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue May 26, 2020 4:41 am

"So shouldn't the city be rebuilt every few months to confuse the enemies? And if the instructions are given only to a handful people, how do they live in the city? Do they isolate themselves to the places they know because of fear of losing themselves? What when they change to confuse the enemies?"
Kaiu.
"And where do the black ones lead to?"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue May 26, 2020 4:56 am

The guard holds up a hand, "Which of those questions would you like me to answer, and which ones would you like to figure out yourself?"

The young Yasuki shakes his head and takes a step forward.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue May 26, 2020 5:03 am

"I think we can figure them all out by ourselves." He said, confidently finding himself good at figuring thinks by himself. When the Yasuki steps forwards, the Kaiu steps backwards in a reflex. "Let's go to the library?" He asked the another crab.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue May 26, 2020 5:08 am

Ginkarasu nods at that idea. "Yeah! We'll figure them out!"

He blinks. "Uhm. Thank you for getting us started though!"

The guard keeps himself from chuckling. "Hai. Remember, follow the brown ones. Enjoy your stay in Otosan Uchi." He bows again.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue May 26, 2020 5:15 am

"I still really think they should at least have some kind of mobile parts in the city so, when one is moved, the routes change completely. I think there is that, actually. Now I just need to figure out which buildings get destroyed." He said, walking towards the library, rubbing his fingers.

Return to “Pregame, Part 1”