Time for Correspondence (closed)

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: Time for Correspondence (closed)

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:51 am

He didn't see much sense, for if a small the engineering sketch was minimally flawed then the entire draft as ruined, but a flawed letter still served its purpose. Still, he tried again.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:59 am

Kenji watched closely as Aiichiro wrote the letter. After a considerable amount of time, he was finished. It wasn't the most perfect letter he had ever seen, but it was a pretty good one, considering that it came from a student.

"Now we'll wait for the ink to dry," Kenji said with relief. "After that you can roll it up and send it,... for that you will have to ask a sensei,... ...but fortunately, Hida-sensei is present"
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:24 am

"I think a Crab sensei would understand best than anyone else. Let's let it dry here. No one should go inside the room if they... Hm, actually they can think we forgot our things here. We should hang a note on the door."
He starts scribbling a "do not perturb" note on the back of one of the sketches, and look around for something that could hang it. Finding none, he takes out his haid tie.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:31 am

"Seems fine" Kenji said, while admiring Aiichiros open hair. "Then lets head back to Yasuki-san and Kazuko-San. I hope they get along, waht are your thoughts on her?"
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:38 am

"I liked her. Reminded me a lot of people back into Shiro Kaiu, but without the arrogance half the kuge children have. You know, there is only one Kaiu Engineer dojo, so it says on who attends it."
He noticed the Kakita staring at his hair.
"Don't worry, will only stay like this until we return. I have been told it is indecent to stay with hair like this outside my clan, but there I usually only tie it for bushi training or during the summer."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:28 pm

"That's good to hear... i like her too, .... your hair? Yeah, exactly um.., I just admire them, it must be a lot of work to keep them that good when they are so long." Kenji said, midway blushing a bit, befor changing the subject entierly to Aiichiro's magnificent hair.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:30 pm

"It just takes time. Usually I let it to the servants of the castle to take care of it whilst reading something because I don't have the patience. They know what they are doing, apparently." Aiichirō thankfully did not perceive how awkward Kenji was being.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:01 am

While he continued making small talk with Aiichiro, the two came across Ginkarasu and Kazuko again: "So, how's it going?"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:03 am

"Kakita-sama is a kind sensei!" Ginkarasu answers happily.
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:54 am

"Thank you, Ginkarasu-san. You are a very diligent student. But please, you can just use -san. We are friends and peers after all."

She smirks teasingly at Kenji.

"Maybe he will be able to face against you tomorrow."
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:07 am

"Good to see that you went fine together." He says, long hair flowing over his shoulders. "Kazuko-san, I propose a deal. You are the Go master at Hirosaka, but until someone beats me I should be the Student Master at Board Games. Student because Akodo-sensei is way too good at it."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:10 am

"If you have taught him, Kazuko-san, then I have to watch out," he said with a warm smile. "Student Master? Hmmm, that almost sounds like we should maybe have a little tournament? We invite as many interested people as possible! But we would need a prize..." Kenji became thoughtful.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:15 am

"And to play a bunch of games, yes?" He looks to the group, "I bet that'd be a great way to show initiative!"
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:18 am

"I'll accept the deal, though is that a challenge? You better practice hard if it is. Akodo sensei has better watch out too."

She laughs lightheartedly, cherishing the moment even though most of her time spent with you guys is in contest of some sort. Between the training and the cleaning, she has barely had time to relax which makes moments like these so special to her.

"As for the tournament, we could make an entry fee of some sort? Winner takes all, of course."
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:21 am

"If we are going with fees, I believe that Ginkarasu-san could look over them, and probably would want a fee to keep track of the fees." He looks at Ginkarasu. He knew that he cared about those things to honor his ancestors, but did not know if the Yasuki would live to be involved with this kind of thing too enthusiastically as he was about commerce.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:22 am

"I think the sensei would be dead for an entrance fee, but nobody says anything about it when we ask for donations. Yasuki-san, you said your family was in the area? Maybe you could organize a prize? I'm sure they wouldn't mind making a name for themselves here when so many clans are in one place," Kenji suggested.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:25 am

He shakes his head, "My family are in Otosan Uchi and probably waiting to do their work there. Uhm." He thinks. "Maybe each person has to make something to give as a possible prize? That way our sensei here see we're training both in the prize giving and in the game playing?"

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:39 am

"Hmm, not a bad idea per se, Yasuki-san, but what do the students who are less versed in the fine arts do?" Kenji thought of himself. He could sing, a little bit, but that wouldn't be a good price. "We could ask the artists to contribute a prize... ...since it would already give them a good reputation. I know about Doji Sakura-san, otherwise, well... does anyone else know any students registered as artists?" he asked the group

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:44 am

"Aside from her, I only know myself. I find the classification somewhat confusing unless engineering or toys are considered art, but I can make wood sculptures, so there's that. Still, I'm unease on this idea. Something crafted by a Kaiu's own hands demonstrate great respect, consideration and friendship. I would rather then not have to gift someone who is not a friend."

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:49 am

"I have not spent much time with the others," Kazuko admits. "I do not think they will be able to easily craft us something for us though. A worthy reward takes much time and effort, effort they might not be willing to put in, especially if they have no intention of joining. Perhaps the town might have something useful?"

Return to “Rooster”