Spiritual Cleaning

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: Spiritual Cleaning

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:51 pm

"I see. Do you think it is wise to ask around who knows about being a possible target? It's the more efficient way, but as far I have known people here they usually have higher priorities than efficiency. We could make a shugenja sensei try to do it after we do if we fail. How could we detect if a soul is targeted by Gaki-Do without asking, though? They may refuse to collaborate or don't even be aware of it."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:55 pm

"It's not necessarily something that can be easily identified, even if we asked. Usually such a thing is only noticed after the person has been targeted," he says with a shake of his head. "But it's a very rare condition of the soul from what I understand."
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Mai

Post by Mai » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:57 pm

"Should we split up to cover more ground?"
Mantis Clan Shugenja *Water * Thunder * Prodigy * Lucky

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Items: Scrolls, Jade

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:59 pm

"We can. Let's take care of all the ones here in the dormitory first," the Kuni suggests with a nod.
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Mai

Post by Mai » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:00 pm

Mai nods. She is very happy to cover up all these holes.

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:01 pm

He agrees with a nod. The task was simple, but fun to do.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Kaito Kai

Post by Kaito Kai » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:34 am

Kai wandered in from wherever it is people like Kai wander to between the hours of Ox and Tiger and come across the wall-patch gang.

After watching them work, Kai bowed to them in greeting. "Good morning, everyone. You look well, Mai-san. Less wet, more awake."
Phoenix Clan • Miko (Monk) • Fortunate • Pacifist • For Something Greater • A Bit Odd
Honor: What Is Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 2.6 | Topaz Points: 34
Gear: Priests Robes, Sandals, Fan, Divination Tools, Yumi

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:56 am

"Good morning," Yotsuo replies, nodding. He starts applying paste to another patch of paper.

Mai

Post by Mai » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:52 am

Mai bows. "Thank you. You were there helping me, right?" She gestures to the Kuni. "Kuni-san is trying to make sure such things don't happen again."

Kaito Kai

Post by Kaito Kai » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:04 am

"Yes, I was." Kai confirmed to Mai, then announced, "It is my intention to make sure such a thing will not happen again as well. It would look badly on my family and our school if a haunting were to hurt people while I was here."
Phoenix Clan • Miko (Monk) • Fortunate • Pacifist • For Something Greater • A Bit Odd

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:16 am

"Basically Kuni-san discovered it was an evil kind of spirit that uses holes as portals to peek on Ningen-do, so we are fixing all holes we can find. Want to join us?" He said, trying to slap for the third time a piece of paper that didn't want to stick.

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:49 pm

Yotsuo places another piece of paper over a hole. "More identified than discovered, I think Mai really had the misfortune of discovering it from what I've heard."

Mai

Post by Mai » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:49 am

"Do they get offended? I did insult when I saw it looking through my shoji."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:53 am

"They are spirits. Can they even be swayed?"

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:28 am

"Most spirit shave minds of their own and can be swayed, yes. But you would have to know how to sway them. The things they are interested in are much different from what we are interested in on Ningen-do. Some spirits are so single minded that attempting to sway them might cost more than defeating them or might simply be outside of our capabilities. Like for this spirit, I imagine that the only thing that could be used to convince it to leave might be giving it someone to feed on, which is unacceptable."

Mai

Post by Mai » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:42 am

Mai nods. "I wouldn't want that. It was unpleasant."

Kaito Kai

Post by Kaito Kai » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:59 am

"An exorcism may be needed." Kai noted, tapping their chin thoughtfully.

"I will ask Asako-sensei about it later today. Hauntings are bad enough; ones that actively hurt people are worse."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:00 am

"I see. Thank you for all informations so far, Kuni-san, Kaito-san."
He looked into the paste and played with the putting-on-paper stick, making mental notes on its consistency.

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:44 pm

"I'm not very experienced with exorcism. It's something that I still need to learn. Identification and recognition is what my training has focused on so far. Though it would probably be difficult, possibly impossible, to exorcise one of these. They are simply too good at traveling between realms. Warding would probably work better."

Kaito Kai

Post by Kaito Kai » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:26 pm

Kai tapped their chin thoughtfully.

"Mm. Yes. Wards might do it. I'll make sure to ask Asako-sensei about it. Surely she'll have some; that's what shugenja do, after all."

Return to “Tiger”