Time for Correspondence (closed)

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: Time for Correspondence (closed)

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:23 am

He looked at Kenji as he suggested leaving them there, giving a discreet nod, and walk with him towards the library.
"Thank you." He says.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:25 am

Kazuko waves goodbye to the pair before turning her attention back to Ginkarasu.

"Traditionally, one will hide a handful of stones behind their back. The other guesses if the amount is odd or even. If the guess is correct, then that player will take black which goes first. I can just let you go first since you are new though, unless you would like to guess."

Wow! Kazuko is teaching someone something! Is the pride she feels the same feeling her senseis feel when they teach her?
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:33 am

When he walked along the walkway with Aiichiro there was silence at first. Then Kenji took a deep breath: "You crabs still hold a mystery for me. Maybe I will never understand what you have to go through. But be sure of one thing, Aichiiro-San. I consider you as a friend, really, it was not my intention to offend you. To prove it to you, I want to offer you something, it's not much, but I want you to have it. You may address me as -kun."

He bowed deep.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:34 am

He shakes his head, "You should go first, that way I can see the right way to play, if we're allowed to decide."
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:42 am

"Sure! It's generally regarded as the best move to start around one of the four corners so you can try to gain control there..."

As the game goes on, Kazuko gives some helpful tips and advice on where to go and tells him what moves she makes and why she makes them, purposely making some wrong moves for you to exploit).

---

D2 Rooster Go/Int w/ Ginkarasu: 3d10o10l1 4 (LMAO i got 2 explosions on this)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:44 am

He heard Kenji, and heard only, and continued to look at nothing as if he was only hearing several moments at the bow, until he too bowed in the same height, taking the initiative to resume walking. More silent moments and an awkwardly avoidant behavior. "Do you think someone is at the third room to the right? It is the most comfortable one." He tries to change, or to create, a subject.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:46 am

Ginkarasu did everything he could to try and understand, but it was a really complex strategy. "You're really good! That was tough!"

D2 Rooster Go/Int w Kazuko: 1d10k1 3
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:47 am

Kenji entered the room. "Looks Free Aiichiro-san"

He moved one of the tables to the middle and sat down
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:52 am

Despite all her help, some of Ginkarasu's moves were... questionable. It was still a somewhat close game in the end though and tries her best to encourage Ginkarasu.

"Thank you, Ginkarasu-san. You will get the hang of it in time. Would you like to play another?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:54 am

He organized the futons from the shelf, putting two of them at a 90º angle instead of in front of each other.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:01 am

"Sure! Maybe I won't make the same mistakes again!" He sorts the pieces back into their respective bowls.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:02 am

"Now, let me see, could you shake the ink in the cask for a while? We don't want any lumps on the paper.
Last edited by Kakita Kenji on Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:04 am

He shook the ink pot. "I brought coal with me. Going to use one of the spare sheets as a sketch, as usual."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:06 am

He took the coal in his hand and prepared: "Well, what shall we write"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:10 am

"A letter to my father." He said, taking the old one and reading it through again, searching for questions to answer. "I have no idea on what to write, though."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:17 am

"First of all, we should start with the salutation. After that a two sentences about your trip here would be quite good, after all it's a long journey here. After that... well your Kaiu seems to like buildings and mechanics, maybe you saw something remarkable here? And then there would be room for a few words about the dojo and training. Maybe something personal at the end? Then let's round it all off with greetings and your Kanji." Kenji suggested to Aiichiro

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:26 am

"Nice." He started to scribble. His calligraphy was... Awful on all senses, even for a sketch that was supposed to be reviewable, but on top of that, readable. "The last letter was quite technical, as you have seen. That's because on the letter before that I asked him what I could do. Usually he writes more... warmly, as I can describe it. I'm following your suggestions on content, though."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:34 am

Kenji looked at the "calligraphy" that Aiichiro produced. "Let me show you something" He took a blank sheet of paper and the charcoal in his hand. "You must let your hand go, but also be firm. If you write the kanji like this, it will look much better." Kenji took the time to explain to Aiichiro how he had to guide the coal to get a better result.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:36 am

Aiichiro watched for Kenji did it. "I see. Let me try not forcing my hand against the table." He took the charcoal piece and started to write again, slower and more freely. Much better this time, although still crudely done. Not good calligraphy, but not engineer calligraphy.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:38 am

"That's more like it! Let's try it again. Practice makes perfect"

Return to “Rooster”