Time for Correspondence (closed)

Kaiu Aiichiro

Time for Correspondence (closed)

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:16 pm

Bathed, cleaned and at the dinning tables, Aiichiro suddenly remembered that he was supposed to meet Kenji soon, yet didn't see him the entire day before. When this realization struck him, he got up from the table, bowl in one hand and chopsticks in the other, and began scanning the place, walking as he ate, for the Kakita.
Last edited by Kaiu Aiichiro on Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Kakita Kenji

Re: Time for Correspondence

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:22 pm

Kenji sat in the same place as yesterday, his food and his Go board before him. He seemed quite satisfied, the day seemed to have gone well so far.

While the wind blew through his hair, the young crane relaxed and started to sing a little song more subconsciously than consciously. It wasn't very melodic, or wind distorted the song a bit, but Kenji didn't really pay attention to it.

---
D2 Rooster Perform:Sing/Awa: 2d10o10k1 5
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:45 pm

Attracted by the voice on the wind, he stood only watching for a moment, half confused on why was he so apart from everyone else, half confused on why he sang whilst he ate. Then he returned to approach, calmly, and took the seat in front of the board after putting hiw bowl over the table and bowing.
"Do you like Go?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:04 am

"Oh, greetings, Aiichiro-san, how are you?" Kenji bowed briefly, a little worried, his voice resonated

He put aside his empty bowl of food. He watched his friend carefully he seemed to look pretty good for getting a good punch, but Keni was slightly worried. However, the members of the crab clan had a reputation for being extremely tough, maybe he shouldn't underestimate Aiichiro?

"Go, yes I like to play, would you like to play a round?"
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:19 am

"I'm fine. You sing well." He answered, looking at the board and eating without foccusing his attention anywhere specifically, looking to a point blank direction as if his mind was somewhere else. Took him quite a while to notice Kenji analyzing him carefully, then asking an unrelated question.
"Sure." He started to organize the pieces.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:24 am

"Thank you" he said with a smile, "Crabs are pretty tough, huh?" he said and helped Aiichiro sort the board.

In the distance, the chimes of the shrine of the dojo could be heard.

"Black or white," he asked.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:38 am

"Did you pay attention at me training?' He asked, sitting in a more stiff manner, noticeably less cheerfuly and more quiet than usual. Probably because of the beating. "White."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:00 am

"Not really, I had to concentrate on my own fight, but seeing you with Kaito-san... I might have had to be carried off the field."

Silence.

Kenji didn't want to give the impression that he felt pity or looked down on Aiichiro. He was actually convinced that he thought he was pretty tough.

Kenji took the black stones and laid the first stone. "I met another Kakita yesterday" Kenji tried to change the subject "She's pretty good at Go,.... you mentioned yesterday that you needed help with something, what can I do for you?"

---
D2 Rooster Sincerity/Awa: 2d10o10k1 8
D2 Rooster Go/Int w/Aiichiro: 2d10o10k1 4

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:39 am

"I met another Yasuki yesterday too, and a Kuni just before now."
Even whilst he played, he looked at Kenji for some plays before saying. He was really at a tantrum before, and playing the game was helping him in humor, apparently. Who didn't like winning?
"Since you commented that the letter was specially well-decorated and not standard... I would like your help to write back one with the same amount of care. I never put much decorum on them before."

(OOC: I don't know how hurt he would be, but I'm rolling as if there were no wound penalties as of now — Asako rolls pretty high, so I'm assuming he would be close to Healthy if not without wounds at all)
Day 2 - Rooster: Time for Correspondence - Go against Kenji: 2d10 16

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:05 am

Ginkarasu is just coming back from the baths when he sees the pair playing a game.

"Oh! Kakita-san! Aiichiro-san! Who's winning what?"
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:08 am

Kenji was relieved when Aiichiro looked happier again. "Of course I can help you with that, Aiichiro-san. I have to warn you, my calligraphy art is not on the same level as the letter you showed me, but I will do my best to show you how to do it."

Kenji looked at Ginkarasu "Ginkarasu-San, nice too see you, how are you? Apparently Aiichiro-San beat me at Go" Kenji smiled. It wasn't the first time he got beaten at it and it wouldn't be the last time either.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:15 am

"Good to see you, Ginkarasu-san!" He shook his head slightly in a playful manner. "And not apparently. I beat you at Go. Anyway, your calligraphy can't be worse than mines. I have the scribbles of the scheme I was doing for my gempukku on me if you want to compare, it's the paper that I carry all around. We are going to... I have parchment and coal, but not nice inks. Where could we get those?"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:31 am

"I bet if we ask the sensei for them as part of calligraphy practice, it should work. I've been thinking about that since I saw Miya-sama write nicely." He looks over at the go board.

"I heard there's lots of games to be tested later. Are you practicing or just having fun?"
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:35 am

"Well Aiichiro, you won this one game, but wars last longer," Kenji said amusedly. "I'm pretty sure every sensei has ink and brushes. The only question is which sensei we should ask who doesn't want to see the final product, I suppose you would be uncomfortable if one of the sensei read your letters."

He turned to Ginkarasu "I play mainly for my pleasure, but if it gives me some practice for the test, I will of course take this advantage with me".

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:39 am

"I'm also a tactician, Kenji-san, you are forgetting this. War is my excel. And yes, I think that is the main problem. We can try searching for ink around here first, before having to ask the sensei for it. No need to plan if we get it without questions. And someone reading my letters would make me uncomfortable indeed. It is not the kind of thing you show everyone."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:40 am

A nod. "What game do you think a yojimbo would play the most? My parents play Sadane a lot, they say it keeps their wits sharp."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:50 am

"You mentioned that Mya-San had given you a calligraphy, yasuki-san? We could ask him if he has ink, he's a very sociable person, so if you state your request, Aiichiro-san, he probably won't refuse.

Kenji arranged the Go board again and put some stones back and forth from time to time

"Sadane? Wouldn't be my cup of tea, I've heard many bushi prefer shogi, but I think that Go is a good game to have conversations with, especially since it's probably the most popular game, but I agree that Sadane makes you very quick-witted, even though I haven't really tried it yet".

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:57 am

"Something they can play with their charge. Sadane is the most obvious answer. Kemari is a no-no. Shogi? Everyone plays shogi, too. Miya-san liked me yesterday. I can go ask her."

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:17 am

Kazuke walks into a scene comparable to yesterday's, although she brought her food out with her this time and 2 members of the Crab clan also here. Could they be Kenji's other friends?

Bowing slightly, she introduces herself to the newcomers. Notably, her face is freshly washed and her bangs still slightly damp as they stick to her forehead. Her gi also has a few dirt stains around the knees.
"Hello Kaiu-san and Yasuki-san, I am Kakita Kazuko. Are you also friends of Kenji-san?"

She takes a seat at the table and delightedly watches the ensuing Go match as she consumes her food. She might've had a fairly crummy day but Go always manages to cheer her up.
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: Time for Correspondence (closed)

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:39 am

"Yes, indeed." He smiles as she closes, assuming a friendlier posture. "Kenji-san told me about you. Do you want to play Go against me? Everyone I played any strategical game, aside from Akodo-sensei, I won against. Even got a zeni when someone put a bet against me." He showed the coin. "So, if you are as good as Kenji-san told me, I would like to challenge you." His tone of voice was calm, instead of eager and all-hyped. "My name is Kaiu Aiichiro."

OOC: The thread is closed as in "no one else may join", not in "game ended".

Return to “Rooster”