Unarmed Training

Kuni Yotsuo

Re: Unarmed Training

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:47 am

Asako Sanzo wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:53 am
"I guess that leaves us, Kuni-san." Sanzo says, turning to the Crab.
"It seems so," he replies, before bowing and readying himself for the match.

(OOC: Assuming we can just fluff without all the rolls at this point)
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:10 am

Asako Saburo wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:06 am
The grim smile grew and just barely Ichiro would catch a glimmer of teeth in them. "It's nice to see someone who understands the way that I live my life without having to explain it. When I look at your stature and power, I see something to strive towards, just as I am sure you have your own goals." He nodded. "I am looking forward to seeing you show us this at work tomorrow."
Ichiro merely nodded in response to the boys words. His expression a little unreadable but his gave the other boy a shallow bow before heading to the Hida sensei.

He bows deeply to the large crab "My apologies sensei for my words, I let my frustrations get to me. You simply have a different style than I am used to in teaching."
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:19 am

The big crab nods and gives a polite, shallow bow.

"I'm sure you learned well."
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Asako Sanzo

Post by Asako Sanzo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:52 am

The Phoenix mirrors a bow to the Crab, and proceeds to have a very enlightening jiujitsu sparring session.

(OoC: good w/ fluff, but we don't have to dive too deep!)
Phoenix Clan ✿ Bushi/Courtier ✿ Painter ✿ Friendly & Chill ✿ Honest ✿
Equipment: Student clothes, Sandals, Straw Hat, Straw cloak, Fan, Lucky cricket

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:08 pm

Kenji would hate to interrupt this fight now, Kenji looked briefly into Aiichiro's eyes with a promising look that said "Shall we continue?

(Gonna take +1 Jiujutsu, thanks!)
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:10 pm

"Are you still asking?" He said between breathes. Holding his position was hard, yet allowed him to slowly moving Kenji to the center again, and maybe further.

D2 Serpent unskilled Jiu/Str against Kenji Round#2: 1d10 8
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:12 pm

Getting pushed back a little, he exclaimed "A Kakita never stops a fight, after it had started" A smile on his lips

---
D2 Serpent unskilled Jiu/Str against Aiichiro Round#2: 1d10k1 5
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:20 pm

"Glad to hear," he says, misstepping. It would be easier to push him throughout the ring's border.
D2 Serpent unskilled Jiu/Str against Kenji Round#3: 1d10 3
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:22 pm

Aiichiros missteps let Kenji stumble "Damn!" he exclaimed, missing his chance to win the fight

---
D2 Serpent unskilled Jiu/Str against Aiichiro Round#3: 1d10k1 1

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:31 pm

He didn't take the opportunity, apparently, but tried to push you in other direction, giving a chance for recovery.

D2 Serpent unskilled Jiu/Str against Kenji Round#4: 1d10 7

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:33 pm

Aiichiro's Push was enough to throw the crane out of the Ring. Laughing he stands up again "Good fight, Aiichiro-san!"
---
D2 Serpent unskilled Jiu/Str against Aiichiro Round#4: 1d10k1 3

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:38 pm

He bowed like you did after sparring. "I would ask to go again, but you must have been training here for more time than me."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:48 pm

Kenji bowed. "There are plenty of Days ahead for more training, Aiichiro-San, we can test our strength tommorow once more"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:55 pm

"Perhaps. But be aware that I am not in my best shape now, and that tomorrow I will be stronger." He said confidently.

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:32 pm

Asako Sanzo wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:52 am
The Phoenix mirrors a bow to the Crab, and proceeds to have a very enlightening jiujitsu sparring session.
The match is not so much different from the one he had with the Kakita, with both wrestlers being so new and not particularly naturally gifted for it. Yotsuo does what he can, resisting and trying to move his opponent to his advantage.

(+1 Jiujutsu, lose ally)
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:06 am

Saburo nodded to the Moto and bowed in thanks to the Hida for his lesson. He didn't depart, simply quietly watching as the others sparred for the time being. If any came to him as a partner, he was up for the added lessons, probably to the point where his own bones would ache. He wan't planning to quit until he was where he wanted to be. Which... was probably never going to happen.
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:11 am

He looked around, eager to train, unwisely so as he was just patched less than one hour ago. Aiichiro looks around the place, trying to find someone not occupied. Ichiro was here... He was pretty strong and knew too what he was doing, apparently. And there was the sickly boy watching everyone. Aiichiro approached and bowed.
"Did you also train, Asako-san?"

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:20 am

"Hai." He returned the bow to the Kaiu. "I have sparred opposite Moto Ichiro and Asako Sanzo today and been taking in Hida-sensei's instruction on the practical realities of unarmed combat." Which was to say he got to see Ichiro get sucker punched a moment or two ago, but this was the far more polite way of putting it.

"I am finding the refresher helpful in preparation of tomorrow's lessons."
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:37 am

"I see. Want to go against me?" He asked, processing the words of Saburo. "So... Did Hida-sensei hit someone or something?" He threw away the possibility of the man being hit. Hidas were pretty strong, and this one was large and bulky like the others. And discipline was often made so throughout violence in the dojos he knew of the Crab. But they were not on the Crab.

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:20 am

"He struck one of the students as part of the lessons, yes. It was educational." He settled himself across from the Kaiu in the pit, his hands moving into position and legs braced to accept the charge once he'd bowed to his opponent. He'd let Ichiro tell the tale if he wanted to speak about the strike specifically.

(OOC: We can go with fluff or rolls, your call. I'm good either way.)

Return to “Serpent”