Talks About Talking

Kaito Haruki

Re: Talks About Talking

Post by Kaito Haruki » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:49 pm

"Surely you know the Kaito family resides in the far northern border of Rokugan. Now, I could tell you a lot about how cold it is, and about the ice and foreigners who may or may not want to take our food, but I would rather hear about your experience. How is life on a ship and having warm winters?"

D2 Monkey: Ettiquette/Awareness: 2d10o10k1 29
D2 Monkey: Courtier/Awareness: 2d10o10k1 17
Should not have the exploding code for courtier yet, so roll should be 10
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Mai

Post by Mai » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:11 pm

Mai recognizes the Phoenix skill. Still she must past. "I have not experienced much life on a ship, my sensei keeps to the islands. The warm breeze is wonderful. But I want to experience new things. I have heard of snow. Could you show it to me sometime?" That last part could be better, but at least sensei won't think she is taking this as a joke.

D2 Monkey: Etiquette/Awareness: 1d10 7

D2 Monkey: Courtier/Awareness: 1d10 2
Mantis Clan Shugenja *Water * Thunder * Prodigy * Lucky

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Items: Scrolls, Jade

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:18 pm

"I am afraid that snow melts rather fast unless it's in a cold environment, and I doubt your lord would allow you to make a detour all the way out to my home. Now on the other hand, I am sure that my lord would love to have someone give a direct account of how a Yoritomo shugenja clears the clouds in the middle of a storm."

D2 Monkey: Ettiquette/Awareness: 2d10o10k1 8
D2 Monkey: Courtier/Awareness: 1d10 5
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224

Mai

Post by Mai » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:33 pm

"Oh. My lord would be interested in knowing borderlands with neighboring peoples. He likes such knowledge, and I know my sensei would be interested in me learning about the weather. It is not like either request stops the other. We could do both."

D2 Monkey: Etiquette/Awareness: 1d10 10

D2 Monkey: Courtier/Awareness: 1d10 2

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:50 pm

"Let us not get bogged down in what our lords would and would not want, especially when they are not here for us to petition. Instead, let's focus on the here and now. I hear your clansman yelled that he wanted to be a shugenja, does that have anything to do with that meaning he would be in the same school as you?"

D2 Monkey: Ettiquette/Awareness: 2d10o10k1 9

Mai

Post by Mai » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:04 am

"What are you talking about? We were talking about each other's lands. Why are you talking Kokyou?" She looks to the Crane for help. Was this some sort of insult? She much preferred Saburo. A Phoenix with some manners.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:30 am

The sensei just watched the two going back and forth, amused.
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:51 am

Is that red on Mai's cheeks? Might as well play a bit, better pull out a fan first though. Using the implement to block his face, "You liiiiike him".

D2 Monkey: Etiquette/awareness tease Mai without breaking face: 1d10o10k1 6

D2 Monkey: Investigation/perception read Mai's facial expression: 3d10o10k2 12

D2 Monkey: Courtier/awareness: 1d10 1

Mai

Post by Mai » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:17 am

Mai is barely able to hold her anger back. "He is a good man. Better than some I have met here." Then insult was decently biting, though not very well hidden. It's not that she was upset about someone saying she liked Kokyou. She was neutral on him in that regard. But she wasn't going let this Great Clanner use him to mock her.

"I do wonder why you are bring this up. Does the thought of that make you jealous? Or are afraid to speak of your homeland?" She's barely trying to hide the insults now.

D2 Monkey: Etiquette/Awareness: 1d10 3

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:20 am

"And, that is enough for now. You can both now see how treacherous court can be. Your words must be very calculated and careful"

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:35 am

"My apologies Mai-San, I was treating this exercise as if I were in the thick of the court warzone. Do not treat the approach as a separate thing from the battle. Is that not what the wise Akodo no Kami said?"

Mai

Post by Mai » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:01 am

Mai bowed to both. "I am sorry. I may have over reacted." She didn't sound very apologetic, but she was trying.

D2 Monkey: Etiquette/Awareness: 1d10 5

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:03 am

"Reflect on what has happened and how each of you could have done better. There will be many times you will have to interact with those trained in court. You cannot provoke them, nor can you get provoked by them"

((Players in this thread may gain +1 courtier in exchange for their ally, please note in this thread if you are taking it or not))

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:32 am

Choosing to use +1 for courtier

Mai

Post by Mai » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:39 am

((I will be using this as justification to by Courtier and Etiquette if choose to with XP at a later date.))

Return to “Monkey”