An Empty Shrine

Kaito Haruki

An Empty Shrine

Post by Kaito Haruki » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:49 am

Haruki, having had a little under 2 days at this dojo now, notices there is no permanent shrine in the barracks themselves. This is unacceptable, a warrior's spirit requires a place for centering. To that end, he seeks out Asako-sensei. Surely a shugenja would know how best to construct a more permanent structure for the building that defends the Empire's breadbasket in their most dire circumstances.
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Vutall

Re: An Empty Shrine

Post by Vutall » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:08 am

"Hello Isawa-no-Kaito. What can I help you with today?"
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:24 am

"I was looking for some advice on how to build a more permanent shrine in this dojo, I feel that a fixed structure of any sort should not have such a impromptu shrine, let alone the first defense a city so close to the capital has." Bowing to Asako-sensei, "I would like some advice on how to do so without insulting the local government."
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:45 am

"The temple compound in Hirosaka has a great many shrines, why do you think that the standard household shrine this dojo has is inappropriate? Soldiers are not restricted here as students are, and may visit the temple freely."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:30 am

"Even though I know that is true, barracks are more than a simple household. They are the center of defense for a city, they are the sturdiest buildings, where everyone goes in the case of a natural disaster, and I feel like the lack of a dedicated shrine here shows a . . . lack of attention to detail?" Haruki pauses on the last bit of the sentence, unsure of which words to use.

Roll
D2 Dog: Ettiquette/Awareness, trying to figure out how to word an argument without accidentally insulting someone: 2d10o10k1 7

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:43 am

"I could see where your heart is, Isawa-no-Kaito-san, especially given the role of your family. However, a small shrine like what one would find in a home or dojo is perfectly adequate. "

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:02 am

"Understood, is there anything I could do to improve it though. I know I am not a preist, shugenja, or shrine keeper, but I can't stand around and do nothing. Especially since I, unlike the soldiers here, cannot leave at any time."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:12 am

"There are many things one can do to improve a shrine. Cleaning it, giving offerings, or even providing adequate homes for the kami to inhabit. Placing ofuda ((Paper prayer charms)) or sacred rope, incense..."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:59 am

"Thank you sensei, I shall go ahead and tend to the shrine now." He bows and moves on to the shrine.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:26 am

Approaching the shrine with a rag and cleaning supplies, he does his best to clean the area around the kamidana. It helps to clear his head of the need for a proper shrine, for now.

D2 Dog: Meditation, Void Recovery TN 20, lol: 2d10o10k1 9

Return to “Dog”