Mochi for Sale, Barracks

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Re: Mochi for Sale, Barracks

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:41 am

A brief nod, "Oh! Okay." And then he looks to the Miya, also interested in the Cartography school. Maybe it had to do with moving carts around?
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:44 am

D1 Dog - Heraldry on Yasuki Rini: 2d10o10k1 9

"I think I saw her earlier at the Opening Ceremony, but wasn't she wearing a Hida mon?" He smiles and shrugs, "Cartography is the study of Charts not Carts. We make maps, keep record of where things are in the empire, and what roads lead there, that kind of thing."
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy
Dojo Points: 104 | Status 1.5 | Glory 6.0 | Honor: Above Question
| Topaz Points: 166
Equipment: Kimono, Ink Brush Kit, Journal, Several Scrolls

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:52 am

"I didn't see the mon... Then she must trained as a Hida bushi. Makes sense, she was quiet and talked a lot about the Wall. More than I do. This... This seems very interesting. I know a little about making maps, but maps of buildings, and analyzing maps as a whole."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:54 am

Ginkarasu laughs. "I was just thinking maybe carts! But that's one of the most useful things to study! One day I may be traveling all over and knowing where things are and how to get there is key!"
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:36 am

"Yes well the Heralds of my family need good maps, as do the Emperors forces, that is why my family came up with the Cartographer school, we travel the whole empire and map out what we see. Though I haven't done so yet, I've never been outside my family's lands before this."
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:52 am

"I'm probably not going to move far from the lands of the Kaiu, but knowledge of terrain is invaluable. Since all the main roads are already labeled, though, where do you travel to map stuff? In the middle of forests and the like?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:18 am

Ginkarasu smiles at that question, "Ah ha! For once I know something you don't Aiichiro-san!" He holds up a finger, "The kami of the Empire change its roads. The rise of its rivers, the movement of its earth when the ground quakes, the spirits of the forests. But those who travel the roads that insure the Empire continues to run must know how to find their way."

He tips his hat back a bit, "I bet Miya-sama and his school is really good at that, and making sure the Emperor's word can reach every corner of the Empire!"

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:20 am

Wyn nods, "Yes the roads change regularly, it's actually very good for the defense of the Empire, because any map over time becomes obsolete, but it does keep Cartographers in a job, having to update the maps regularly."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:28 am

He looks pretty amused with Ginkarasu's words — he held Aiichirō in high esteem, then — and Wyn's. "Does that only count to the Empire... Wait. Do it happens to mountains too? How does architecture survive that?" He had a lot of questions.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:37 am

Ginkarasu doesn't know the answer to that question. "I don't know!"

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:47 am

"Sometimes it doesn't. Earth quakes, Volcanos, Monsoons, Hurricanes, Rockslides, Tornados, all of these can cause major damage to castles, and shrines, and villages. Those are the more extreme examples. Have you ever wonders why roads becomes broken over time, that is the sign of the more minor acts of the Kami. The very existence of such changes is why the Miya have the Miya's blessing, to help areas effected by such changes" He thinks, "I assume it happens outside the Empire too, but I don't know I don't have many maps of the burning sands or..." He looks at the Crab and bites his lips, "Other areas outside the Empire, though I know it does happen to the Mantis Isles!"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:55 am

"I see. Very interesting. I know that the floating areas of the Shadowlands do travel time from time, and sometimes to travelers inside the Shadowlands the Twilight Mountains also move, but for those who see them from the empire they don't move an inch. Otherwise, we couldn't have built a castle on too of them."
He gives a sidelook to the mochi, as if analyzing them discretely. He honestly liked mochi, but it was now a matter of pride. Perceiving he diverted his attention, he looked back at the two.
"I think the Unicorn should have as many maps of the Burning Sands as we have maps of the Shadowlands. It is just necessary, and we keep them with us as far I know. Not like they are going to be used anywhere else."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:04 am

Ginkarasu looks at Aiichiro in surprise.

"Uhm. Uhm." He looks down at his mochi stand then to the Miya and Aiichiro. "So! Miya-sama! Please, have the other Sakura-mochi! It won't store as well, and you enjoyed the first one so much!"

He grabs it and extends it to Wyn, hands trembling slightly. "Kaiu-san is really smart, but doesn't always remember when he's not in a classroom that has to take the southern darkness into account."

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:10 am

"Kaiu-san perhaps you would do my the honor of trying the Sakura mochi that Yasuki-san is offering me, that way you can give your honest opinion about it to other when they ask. It is always good to try new things, no? Maybe it might even change your mind"

He smiles, "I am sure that the Miya have maps of the southern imperial border, I just haven't seen them yet, they are likely kept under special lock and key" He nods, "As for the Sands all the maps I've seen are just wide open with nothing marked on them."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:20 am

He took the piece of mochi from the hand of the Yasuki. "Yeah. I think I got too technical. I'm sorry." He took a bit and stopped talking a little. "Okay, first I didn't expect it to be good, then I expected it to be quite good, but I didn't expect it to be this good." He took other nibble. "This is better than the mochi at Otosan Uchi!"
He opened his water bottle to clear all the sugary taste. "They must have some map of the Burning Sands somewhere if they spent centuries traveling like they did."

D1 Hour of the Dog: Mochi for Sale, Barracks - remembering to deny 3 times, TN 6: 1d10 5

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:39 am

Ginkarasu accepts the Miya's choice, though he does look to Aiichiro a moment.

Favors are so expensive Aiichiro-san. I didn't want you to owe me one. It can weigh on friendship.

A small shake of his head. "It's better then the mochi that was at Otosan Uchi! But my family's mochi is there now!"

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:40 pm

"I haven't seen a detailed one, not sure if that's because nothing is out there, or we just haven't collected one for some reason, maybe that is something I can look into after Gempukku, Thank you Kaiu-san " He smiles, "And thank you again Yasuki-san for the delicious Mochi!"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:43 pm

Ginkarasu bows, "You're very welcome Miya-sama! I hope you do well here. I bet your maps will be awesome!"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:52 pm

"Thank you too for teaching me something new today, too!" He bows as gracefully he can. "Oh, and for the mochi."

Return to “Dog”