Martial Practice

Kakita Kenji

Re: Martial Practice

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:34 am

Kenji was not prepared for Yui to be so fast, he was able to dodge the first strike well, but hit too hard in reflex.

"Are you all right, Akodo-san? We can stop anytime."

----
D1 Serpent Sparring Akodo Attack-Roll: 4d10o10k2 17
D1 Serpent Sparring Akodo Damage-Roll: 1d10k1 7

TN to Hit: 15
Attack Stance
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:58 am

Iuchi Prashant wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:16 am

"We can take turns sparring and observing, Bayushi-san. The more the merrier", he says, smiling.

"This one is Iuchi Prashant, honoured to meet you", he says, bowing again.
"Let's dance." Kaidan said with a smile, giving the Iuchi a bow.

//D1 Serpent Initiative: 2d10o10k1 8

ATN:10
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Akodo Yui

Post by Akodo Yui » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:05 am

She realized he was probably just being considerate; but something about the suggestion to stop because she got hit got on her nerves a little. It wasn't even like she was hurt! Okay, she was *pretty* sure that was going to be painful later in the day, but for now she still felt fine.

"Don't worry about it," she said, immediately launching into another attack. Which *almost* got him. *Almost*. There was that 'almost' again. There was no such thing. His defenses were just a tad too good for her.

Attack Agility/Kenjutsu: TN15: 4d10o10k2 14
Stance: Attack
Wounds: 7
Lion Clan • Bushi • Tough • Clear Thinker
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 0.5 | Glory: 0.5 | Dojo Points: 14
Gear: Student Clothing, Sandals, Fan, Small Knife, Jewelry, Chopsticks, Sake Cup
Often accompanied by Kana-chan, a small pet monkey.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:09 am

The Iuchi kept an attentive eye at the Akodo and Kakita, and seemed slightly worried after Kenji's hit, but as the Bayushi bowed to him, he bowed back, and very quickly set himself to a relatively practiced defensive position.

OOC

Day 1 Serpent Initiative 2k1: 2d10o10k1 28

Day 1 Serpent Full Defense turn 1 - 2k1: 2d10o10k1 8

Stance: Full Defence
ATN: 14

EDIT: had forgotten to divide the roll by 2! Sorry :p
Last edited by Iuchi Prashant on Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:12 am

((Please remember to roll damage when you hit someone! Damage from a bokken is Strength+0, keep 1. You may pick the lowest die if you wish ))
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:30 am

Yotsuo was kind of being overwhelmed a bit with so many people trying to help him. "I..." Did I do so poorly at unarmed kata?
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:21 pm

Akodo Yui wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:05 am
She realized he was probably just being considerate; but something about the suggestion to stop because she got hit got on her nerves a little. It wasn't even like she was hurt! Okay, she was *pretty* sure that was going to be painful later in the day, but for now she still felt fine.

"Don't worry about it," she said, immediately launching into another attack. Which *almost* got him. *Almost*. There was that 'almost' again. There was no such thing. His defenses were just a tad too good for her.

Attack Agility/Kenjutsu: TN15: 4d10o10k2 14
Kenji was unsure if he should continue the sparring but since Yui didn't look like she wanted to give up, he attacked again, but this time he was not able to hit her.

This seems to be the lion's spirit, Kenji thought

Attack Stance

-----

D1 Serpent Sparring Akodo Attack-Roll#2: 4d10o10k2 12
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Akodo Yui

Post by Akodo Yui » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:06 pm

Parrying his attack, she finally managed to land a hit! Landing that strike was just the thing she needed to feel good about this whole thing; and she adopted a slightly more relaxed posture. Still ready to defend and continue the fight if he decided to do so, but if he wanted to call it here, she wouldn't mind. The purpose of this fight wasn't to pummel each other to death, after all.

Then again, he might not enjoy calling it at a draw.

Another attack! Agility/Kenjutsu, TN:15: 4d10o10k2 24
Bokken damage: 1d10k1 5

Gear: Student Clothing, Sandals, Fan, Small Knife, Jewelry, Chopsticks, Sake Cup

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:16 pm

Kenji took his bokken aside and bowed: "I think we are even, Akodo-San, it was an honour to fight with you"

TN to Hit: 16
Defence Stance
Wounds: 5

Akodo Yui

Post by Akodo Yui » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:44 pm

She returned the gesture with a bow of her own.

"Likewise," she said, "Your defense was strong. I guess that does leave open the question of who should fight Iuchi-s..."

She looked over only to find that the unicorn was already sparring with someone else.

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:17 pm

Iuchi Prashant wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:09 am
The Iuchi kept an attentive eye at the Akodo and Kakita, and seemed slightly worried after Kenji's hit, but as the Bayushi bowed to him, he bowed back, and very quickly set himself to a relatively practiced defensive position.

OOC

Day 1 Serpent Initiative 2k1: 2d10o10k1 28

Day 1 Serpent Full Defense turn 1 - 2k1: 2d10o10k1 8

Stance: Full Defence
ATN: 14

EDIT: had forgotten to divide the roll by 2! Sorry :p
Kaidan swinged his bokken as the fire in his soul tried to strike true. He hoped he wouldn't hit his sparing partner too hard.

//D1 serpent Spar with Iuchi attack TN 14: 4d10o10k2 16
D1 Snake Sparing damage vs Iushi: 1d10 2

ATN 10
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:35 am

Prash felt the blow to his arm, but it doesn't seem to have hurt him much. "Ah... I definitely need to improve my defensive posture", he says, smiling, but seems to mostly keep his footing for now.

OOC

Delaying my turn. Still on Full Defence, ATN 14
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:46 am

"Perhaps you should anticipate." Kaidan next strike found a weak point hitting true. The Iuchi would feel this one.

//D1 serpent Spar with Iuchi attack TN 14: 4d10o10k2 24

D1 serpent Spar with Iuchi damage: 1d10 10
D1 Snake Sparing damage vs Iushi exploding extra dice: 1d10o10 5

Total Damage 15
Last edited by Bayushi Kaidan on Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:54 am

((For the purposes of not messing up the timeline roll wise, anyone who goes into wound penalties will be healed so they have no wound penalties, but their first wound box is completely filled. Do take care in the future when taking damage so that it does not disrupt the timeline))

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:15 am

Bayushi Kaidan wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:46 am
"Perhaps you should anticipate." Kaidan next strike found a weak point hitting true. The Iuchi would feel this one.

//D1 serpent Spar with Iuchi attack TN 14: 4d10o10k2 24

D1 serpent Spar with Iuchi damage: 1d10 10
D1 Snake Sparing damage vs Iushi exploding extra dice: 1d10o10 5

Total Damage 15
The Unicorn takes a strong hit, this time to his belly. The hits he took so far might have taken down a weaker kid, and Prash flinched after the strike, but he grit his teeth and recomposed himself. "Ah... that was a good one, Bayushi-san!"

He then left his defensive posture and suddenly jumped at the Scorpion, aiming for his side and finding a perfect spot for a strike, but controlling his strength and hitting him relatively gently.

"Maybe you're right... I should practice on anticipating your movements better! First to three hits wins?", he says as he steps back, doing his best to fall into a defensive posture again, but not really doing better than he did before.

OOC

Turn 2 delayed Full attack Day 1 Serpent - delayed Full Attack turn 2 - 4k2: 4d10o10k2 32
Exceptional success raise used for +1k0 damage (yay more control ;) ) -> Your TN would be 15 due to wound penalties if I'm not mistaken. Still an Exceptional Success though!
Turn 2 attack damage Day 1 Serpent - damage with 1 FR for Exceptional Success - 2k1 - keeping lowest: 2d10o10l1 2
Turn 3 Full Defence Day 1 Serpent - Turn 3 Full Defence - 2k1: 2d10o10k1 6
ATN 13 (10 + 3 from Full Defence)

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:37 am

"Very well" He nodded. The young Iuchi change of stance took the Bayushi by surprise missing the mark.

//D1 Serpent Round 3 attack on Iuchi TN 13: 4d10o10k2 10

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:27 am

The Asako sensei enters the dojo at this time with a small satchel of medical supplies to patch up any who were injured while sparring. The bag is full of strange herbal remedies and concoctions.

----------
If any character in this thread has wounds enough to give them wound penalties, the sensei will heal them all the way until they no longer have penalties, but their 1st wound rank will be full.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:42 am

The Iuchi takes one step back again and seems to wait for the Bayushi's move to take his own again.

When the Asako enters, his eyes move to the side for one instant, but then focus on the Bayushi again.

"Bayushi-san? Do we finish or would you rather take this up another day?"

OOC

Delaying again, but if we stop Prash considers you won by 2 x 1 hit :)

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:26 pm

"Then two out of three, ne?" The Scorpion boy smiled lowering his sword. He turned to the Asako, giving her a bow. Then back to the Iuchi. "Good practice Iuchi san. I hope I didn't hit you too hard."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:38 pm

"From the looks of it," Kenji began, "we've banged our heads together enough for one day. It was still an interesting training session, Akodo-san, Iuchi-san, Bayushi-san"

He bows and let Asako-Sensei take care of him.

"Thank you very much, Asasko-Sensei" Kenji said with a deep bow before he put away his bokken and left the scene.

Return to “Serpent”