Archery Practice

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Re: Archery Practice

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:01 am

Ginkarasu made his way over to those doing Kyujutsu. He'd always wanted to try! But those first few bows he'd tried back at the home dojo all had worn strings that had broken. Surely an Imperial dojo would have bows in top condition!
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Yogo Otoko

Post by Yogo Otoko » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:41 am

Seeing the newcome Crab, Otoko offered a slow, polite bow before looking back to her arrow. She expected to do well in the test of lore as well, but felt no need to state so out loud.
Scorpion Clan + Shugenja + Cursed + Distant + Unicorn Trained + Haunted

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:19 am

He caught sight of the crab and bowed to him before turning back to his work. "Crab-san. Good of you to join us." He kept his tone formal for the moment, waiting to see if this one was in a talkative mood or simply wished to practice his bow. For all that he was a bit talkative today, he did appreciate the relative silence of the Yogo. She seemed to choose her words carefully, didn't she?
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:54 am

"Uhh...Hi Asaako-san! Yoogo-san?" Ginkarasu bows probably too much to both of them. "Do we need to check out equipment from anyone, or are you using yumi and arrows you brought?"
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Mai

Post by Mai » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:22 am

Mai bows to the Crab. "Hello. I am Mai of the Mantis. I got mine over there." She indicates where she got hers and then offers her. "You can try with this one. I'd be interested in seeing what a bushi can do."
Mantis Clan Shugenja *Water * Thunder * Prodigy * Lucky

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Items: Scrolls, Jade

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:30 am

He bows. "Hi Mai-san! You're very kind!" He smiles widely.

Then stops.

"Wait, is this a gift? Am I supposed to refuse three times? Ah! I didn't do well on the etiquette test ah!" He looks around to see if there's sensei around."

Yogo Otoko

Post by Yogo Otoko » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:38 am

"This is a dojo, not a court. You should be fine Yasuki-san," she noted quietly, adding, "...Yogo Otoko."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:43 am

He nods three times, "Oh! Okay. Thank you Yogo-san! I'm Yasuki Ginkarasu!" He isn't sure if he should be quiet, but it's not a library, soooo he just keeps talking at his normal level of slightly too loud.

"Thank you Mai-san!" He smiles. "I hope the string doesn't break. Every other time I've tried, the string broke."

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:57 am

Saburo suppressed a chuckle. The crab was... ok, he actually couldn't bring himself to look down on him. ... ... too much. "They are equipment we were given in the dojo. Not ours. Meant for all of us. You do not need to worry about protocols like that here, as she said," he rumbled out, nodding over at him.

At the mention of the string breaking, he blinked. This boy was definitely stronger than him...
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Mai

Post by Mai » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:28 am

Mai looked a little confused and horrified as the Crab started the gift giving procedure. Wait was this the right thing? She didn't think she was giving a gift, but she also wasn't the best at etiquette. Sensei didn't spend a lot of time on that.

But as others explain it is not, Mai nods confidently. Of course, it was just as she thought. She never had any doubt.

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Yogo Otoko

Post by Yogo Otoko » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:39 am

"These are well made bows. If the strings do break, it is either a shame on the dojo, or yourself Yasuki-san. I am certain it will be neither however." Completely certain.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:43 am

"Oh good. That's good to know." He nods looking down range. "What's the good spot to hit on the target? Is it the center bit or is that a warning not to hit there?"

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:10 am

"If you were shooting to kill," the Asako rumbled out, looking over at him after shooting and managing to strike... the absolute edge of the target with barely enough force to stick. "Would you shoot for their center, or elsewhere?"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:11 am

"Probably right in their eyeball if I was really confident. But I'm not. It's probably like kenjutsu right? Hit the center like you said. With no center, you cannot stand." He says the last with more confidence then the rest, then looks for an arrow to try and shoot.

Yogo Otoko

Post by Yogo Otoko » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:12 am

Otoko casually held out the arrow she had been examining toward the Yasuki, head first.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:18 am

He blinks, "Weren't you going to shoot that one Yogo-san?"

Yogo Otoko

Post by Yogo Otoko » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:25 am

Otoko pointed toward the target she'd already shot at a few times down on the end, masked head tilting a bit curiously. "...If I was going to, do you think I would offer it Yasuki-san?"

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:28 am

"There are also a great many arrows, Crab-san." A shake of the head and he drew, his arm aching from the effort. He did not enjoy this, but only repetition would do the trick. Nope, this one missed. He glared after it like it was doing this on purpose. "I do not think we will run out today."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:41 am

"Oh, okay. I just don't want to be selfish, Yogo-san. You're all very kind." He accepts the arrow then tries laying it to the string, then lifts up the bow and pulls back the string, fighting the urge to flinch away from it.

And finally gets to fire an arrow. It doesn't necessarily fly near the center of the target or anything, but it's not far away from the target either!

Mai

Post by Mai » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:34 am

"Nice shot, Yasuki-san." Mai made no comment on the Phoenix's shot but didn't appear to be looking.

Return to “Serpent”