To the Forge!

Zashi

Re: To the Forge!

Post by Zashi » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:02 pm

"Call me Zashi. I would give a family name, but I'm supposed to wait until after gempukku to call myself by it. Fox Clan doesn't really have a great deal of options when it comes to family names." Zashi makes a n offhanded motion.

"Are you all crafters too? I confess, I am more of a sucker for Doji-san's gem work."
Fox Clan | Shugenja | Smol | Quirky AF
"I may run and hide, but I'll never tell a lie."
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.7| Status: 1.0 | Topaz Points:

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:44 pm

Kenji went here almost in the same time as him, surprisingly. "Good morning, Kenji-san, Sakura-san, Zashi-san. My family is one of swordsmiths, armorsmiths, engineers and battlemasters. Although we are most famous for the first and taught all four techniques, I am an intensive student of the later."
She peeked over to what Sakura was doing. "Gemwork at a forge?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:56 pm

Now there was lots of attention, and she had to turn round. She beamed a smile!

"Aii-cheer-ro-san~" she said almost musically, bowing to him then Kenji "and Kakita-san! Lovely to meet you! Please be careful, it's very dangerous in here. You shouldn't be here if you're not an expert or a student in fact!"

She turned back, nodding.

"Hai, well kind of. I'm using the forge to make the proper mould, while combining the large amount of Jade into a singe piece to then begin shaping into a tanto. It'll be so pretty!"
Crane Clan*Artisan*Singer*Weaponsmith*Gemsmith*Gem-obsessed*Tougher than she looks*Daredevil*Tiny*Innocent*Great Potential*Profile
Status: 0.5 | Glory: 1.4 | Honour: As expected | Dojo Points: 52
Equipment: Jade Tanto, Better quality clothes, Sweets, Biwa, Umbrella

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:24 pm

"I didn't intend to disturb you, Doji-san, on the contrary, I'm surprised that you didn't seem to have received training as a diplomat, but, if I suspect correctly, at the Kakita swordsmiths. It would be an honor to see you working, from a safe distance of course, if you allow me."
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:38 pm

Noticing everyone bowed, he bowed quite out of late. "I know the distance to keep. The Kaiu forge is very big." He said, taking the protection chestpiece and going nearer. "That's a lot of jade." He said, eyes widened. "Didn't knew the Kakita made swords too."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:52 am

"We're weaponsmiths of fame, and I'll be the most famous one ever!" Sakura said with confidence, turning back to working on the mould "although this going to be a tanto, rather than a sword. Decided to start small before I try something bigger like...I don't know, a nodachi made of sapphires."
Crane Clan*Artisan*Singer*Weaponsmith*Gemsmith*Gem-obsessed*Tougher than she looks*Daredevil*Tiny*Innocent*Great Potential*Profile

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:31 am

"Nodachi...made of sapphires?!!" Zashi's eyes seem to sparkle and the slight trickle of drool intensifies. Zashi grabs at Sakura's hand, expression of adoration. "You are a true vision!"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:36 am

"You are actually going to make a tanto out of jade? And a Nodachi of sapphires?" He asked in shock. "I don't know about sapphires, but Jade is very precious."

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:41 pm

Sakura was kind of stuck, one hand holding what was being used in the forge and the other being held by a boy, her face going red.

"A-ano..."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:16 pm

"Stop it, Zashi, immediately," Kenji said with a serious tone of voice and a hard look, his hand was ready at his side, he had neither a bokken nor a katana, but his duelist nature seemed to be through, Kenji had taken a clear Iaijutsu position, even if only subconsciously.

"You are embarrassing Doji-san, she is about to work, let her go!"
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:46 pm

"oop, that's getting hot." Zashi releases Sakura's hand. "Also, what you have in the forge." Zashi offers a wink and pivots back. Zashi's face steels as the Kakita offers a threat, offering a look.

"See, no harm done."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:51 pm

"Good." He kept his eyes on Zashi, but relaxed his posture

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:18 pm

"Though, Sakura-san, you might want to be careful. Your face looks rather flushed." Zashi winks, immediately back in good cheer. "Don't worry, I like the way you work. I really want to see the final result"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:45 pm

He didn't see Kenji that serious before. A nice change of tone.
"Wouldn't it be three time as effective to make the weapon out of steel and make an outer coat out of jade, or vials to hold jade powder?"

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:17 pm

The flustered girl turned back to face the forge.

"I-it's just very hot in here! Big heat, see!" She motioned to the fire trying to cover up her flustered face.

"What do you mean" she asked Aiichiro, not daring to turn round yet

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:17 pm

"But the aesthetics good sir! It's..gems!" Zashi's eyes sparkle like cut quartz at the excitement over the crafting in progress.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:10 am

"It would be more effective. They say that Jade is the second most precious resource, the first being the soldiers." He gets near the forge, protection material on.

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:18 am

"Actually, there's quite a few gems more precious than Jade. Sapphire is one. Alexandrite is another" Sakura explained with a shake of her head "and this is more ceremonial than for fighting I think Jade can break with too much pressure on it."

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:45 am

"It would also be of special importance against certain insubstantial foes." Zashi chimes in, grin fading a hair. "And unlike with coatings, it will not continue to grind away as the battle continues." The redhead bounces behind Sakura, expecting a rebuke. "Specialized, yes. Aesthetically focused, yes. But excelling in one particular area." Zashi offers a mock gasp, feigning surprise. "Wait, is there a Clan whose focus is on that? Are you a Crane Sakura-san?"
Last edited by Zashi on Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:03 am

"I see... Ghosts didn't even pass through my head, and neither knew I that they could be harmed by jade... And the polished stone is something pleasing to the eyes indeed. Please show me your work when it is done, Doji-san, for I would love to see it. They say that the Sword of the Crab Heir was made out of a magical combination of jade and steel."

Return to “Hare”