Dinner with a sensei

Kaito Haruki

Dinner with a sensei

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:02 am

It doesn't matter how high ranking a samurai is, they still need to eat. Hopefully Haruki can find a sensei to show him a thing or two about the inner workings of a court. Making sure to look calm and collected, Haruki looks around as he collects his lunch. His clothes are presentable for normal circumstances, but maybe they wouldn't be good enough for a Doji courtier?
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Vutall

Re: Dinner with a sensei

Post by Vutall » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:18 am

Sharing meals with the students are many sensei, one of which is a very prim, proper, and pristine example of a Doji maiden. Noticing the Kaito's gaze, she bows her head to the student and motions for him to come closer.
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:31 am

Haruki approaches, doing his best straighten his clothing while making sure his food doesn't spill. He then places the food on a nearby table before bowing deeply to one of his new senseis. "Good afternoon Doji-sensei, I am Isawa Haruki of House Kaito".
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:36 am

"Hello, Isawa no Kaito-san. "

Her voice is soft and sweet, singsong like a bird.

"What can I do for you this day?"

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:11 am

"I was hoping to request an audience with you, perhaps to talk about your recent accomplishments in court?"

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:18 am

"Oh? You wish to learn how I petitioned for things? Or more you wish to learn how to do so yourself?"

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:38 am

"I believe hearing about your conquests would be far more insightful, and by hearing how a professional does it, I might be able to test my conjectures about a scroll I read in Otosan Uchi. Would it be alright to ask questions as you tell your story?"

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:18 pm

"Of course, Isawa no Kaito-san. Questions are how we learn. Hmmm. What can I tell you that would benefit you..."

She thinks for a few moments, pondering over the different options of tales she has from her time at court.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:31 pm

"I would be open to whatever story you share, let me get out a bit of paper before you start though. I know courts tend to get complicated." Haruki reaches into a small bag he keeps by his side and grabs a piece of parchment and charcoal.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:17 am

Once he is ready, she describes an encounter two winters ago when she was at the court at Kyuden Doji. She details how she negotiated with the representatives sent from the other Great Clans and managed to get them to agree to an exchange of students and marriages to help further relationships between the clans and the Crane.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:43 am

He takes detailed notes and requests to see her at a later date to discuss the various techniques used and considerations for when he will one day enter courts as a samurai himself.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:51 am

"I am more than happy to share stories and teach you ways to work the courts, it is after all why I am here. "

Return to “Horse”