[Day 8, Tsuma] Wolf Dinning

Post Game for New Winds Part 2
Yasuki Ginkarasu

[Day 8, Tsuma] Wolf Dinning

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:03 am

Ginkarasu had made sure to take some time to fulfill a promise...or was it a promise and a half?
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Mirai

Re: [Day 8, Tsuma] Wolf Dinning

Post by Mirai » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:27 am

Mirai made her way to where the letter had asked her to go. A dinner was never something a ronin passed up on, and the sender was pretty decent company too.

Entering the tea house, Mirai looked around before spotting Ginkarasu. Giving a polite smile (since he seemed to allow such things without note), Mirai gave a low bow and approached. "Yasuki-sama, konnichi-wa. May this one sit and join you?"
Ronin | Bushi | Duelist | Versatile | Odd
Carries: Daishi, Ashigaru Armor, Travelling Pack

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:37 am

Ginkarasu stood and bowed, "Hai, yes! Please!"
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:46 am

Mirai gave another slight bow before sitting (one could never bow enough). She was silent a moment as she waited for her 'host' to sit as well, always bad at starting conversations. Finally she gave a slight smile. "So... you made it. We both did I suppose. Congratulations Yasuki-sama."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:56 am

He smiles back, "Congratulations Mirai-san! You proved yourself before all the Empire."

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:37 pm

"Well, at least those present," she noted with a nod. "I want to say I knew I would, but really I've had plenty of doubts. Don't make this about just me though Yasuki-sama. You've nothing to be modest about with your own performance. I never doubted you."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:50 pm

He nods. "Hai, we both did. And its the whole empire! Topaz is the gempukku ceremony that everyone hears about! We've got a chance at new paths now!" He can't help the excitement really, it was so difficult to fully believe it.

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:16 pm

For her part, Mirai seemed much more subdued, though she always seemed that way. Another slight smile was all she allowed herself. "And what do you plan on doing with your own?"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:11 am

"Going home first, sharing the good news. Then seeing who needs a yojimbo. Maybe someone going to an Imperial Court somewhere, the Imperials seem to like me. Maybe someone on the road most of the year and in courts in Winter." He waves at the proprietor of the tea house that they'd be ready to put in their request.

"I figure, I should do that awhile, then figure out how else I can help the Crab. Or the Empire, depending on what opportunities open up."

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:22 am

Mirai's brow furrowed a bit in thought. "Hm. I thought your lord did more choosing for you than having such an open ended choice. Then again, I've never had one, so it's all outside looking in."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:23 am

A nod. "Hai, my lord will make a lot of choices. And I'll get to tell my lord what I'm good at. And if what my lord chooses is what I'm good at and what'll make me content, or what'll allow me to get better, then I'll get something close to what I want and so will my lord."

He shrugs a little. "I'm not so important that they can't send me to protect a nobody going nowhere important, but that would be training too. And I've done well enough and have Imperial friends and connections, so unless my lord decides to waste that, then I'll get something close to what I want. Awhile might be a long time, or I find a way to make sure I'm better suited for elsewhere, and trust that my lord knows my value."

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:02 am

She gave a faint smirk at that. "Considering the entire Empire is watching us Yasuki-sama, I am quite certain your lord will know exactly what to do with you. After all, you showed your talents quite well here, hai?"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:13 am

A nod. "Hai, I hope! But enough about me! What're you planning?"

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:17 am

"The plans of a ronin are not so set in stone," she remarked quietly. After a moment she shook her head and gave a bit of a smile. "If nothing else changes, I might go back north. I had an offer to travel with the Unicorn contingent to look for work in their lands, and it'd be a nice change of pace. That said, the best laid plans of a wolf are always prone to change. Perhaps I'll get an offer from one of the lords here for something more certain."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:24 am

A brief nod. "Hai. I understand." He looks up as the proprietor arrives and orders himself some tea, and a bowl of stir-fry, then looks to Mirai and what she wants.

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:51 am

Simple habits died hard, so she just ordered whatever the cook recommended that was cheap. Realising what she'd done as their order was taken away, she flushed a bit. "Always pays to be frugal."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:59 am

"Hai. Have to wean ourselves off Crane fine dining, eh?" He shakes his head a bit. "If I wanted to ever send a letter to you, is there a place that you'll return to and it'll reach you thereby?"

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:20 am

Shrugging, the ronin couldn't help smirking softly. "I can't help noting it'd be a lot easier to get a letter to you than me, but that's mostly because I don't know my plans yet. I'll write you when I do so you can send in confidence, hai?"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:28 pm

A brief nod. "Hai. It's possible. Though if I'm assigned to a merchant on the road, I may not be in the same place twice for the next few years."

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:28 pm

"It would still be with a known caravan, likely with a highly regimented route. Still easier to track down than a lordless woman traveling who knows where," she said teasingly.

Return to “Post Game, Part 2”