(Day 7, EA) Deadly Event: Battle at the Docks

Mai

Re: (Day 7, EA) Deadly Event: Battle at the Docks

Post by Mai » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:26 am

OOC: I'm an idiot who can't read. I thought there was 200 Koku. There was only 100. Everyone gets 10 Koku. Not 20.
Mantis Clan Shugenja *Water * Thunder * Prodigy * Lucky

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Items: Scrolls, Jade

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:26 am

Mai wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:25 am
Mai gives a humble bow, partially to cover her blush. "Thank you, Kokyou-kun."
Kitsuki Asahi wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:12 am
"You captured the boat with the ice? Does that make it yours?"
"If this was out at sea, yes. But here, it is probably going to the Crane."
As she explains, Kokyou puts the gaijin crown on her head, and then gives a flourished and thankful low bow.
Last edited by Kokyou on Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:27 am

((Nah, 200 if fine since I've already added it to some players sheets)
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Mai

Post by Mai » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:30 am

Mai's blush at his flourish is not hid well.

((Sweet. My inability to read works out. Yay!))

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:32 am

"Ah, that makes sense." he nodded. Boats and maritime rules were far from his range of knowledge.
Dragon ▪︎ Courtier ▪︎ Investigator ▪︎ Artisan ▪︎ Smith ▪︎ Unlucky
Status 1 ▪︎ Glory 1 ▪︎ Honor: Exceptional ▪︎ Topaz Points: 155

Carries: Wakizashi, Knife, Fan, Seal, Water

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:53 am

Nesrin chuckles at the disconcerted Mantis shugenja. It was sort of amusing when someone else was the focus of his antics. (and lol, extra koku for everyone...the proprietor of the sake house may be getting a ton of donations.)

Ponies settled and tied someplace they'll be safe, Nesrin comes up beside Prashant as he heals the fallen ronin. Some whose wounds were made by her blade. She doesn't disturb him as he works, but kneels to bind those who still live. They probably weren't getting back up after minimal tending, but she didn't want anyone getting a knife in the back due to lack of caution.

When he's done, she nods toward the ronin and scroll satchel lying in a pool of blood. "There's nothing the kami can do for him, is there?"

____
(Aware that answer won't come for a bit)
Unicorn Clan * Bushi * Battle Maiden * Honest and Fair * Hard to pronounce name
Honor: A Soul Above Question * Status: 1 * Glory: 3

Description

"Every day is a journey, and the journey itself home" -Bashō
Speaking Tegensai

Utaku Ichiro

Post by Utaku Ichiro » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:36 am

The blade freed Ichiro sheepishly accepts the coin. Material wealth was of no concern to him - but his last pair of clothes now had large bloody gashes through them and that would need to be redressed before he started to travel.
Unicorn • Bushi • Experienced • Enlightened • Ascetic • Heroic Muse
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 5.2 • Infamy: 0.5 • Topaz Points: 229

Gear in Tsuma: Poorly sized purple and ivory utilitarian travelling clothes, charred gold scarf, daisho, jade
Outside Tusma: Unicorn riding horse, riding armor, scimitar, daisho, ono, han-kyu and arrows, jade
Description

Before the thunder can roar the lightning must strike

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:13 pm

Kenji waited for the Flames of Purity to End before he dismounted his horse.
He stood next to it and started petting it. "You're a brave one, huh?" he said to him before he looked around the battlefield.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Matsu Qiang

Post by Matsu Qiang » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:24 pm

Qiang quietly wiped the blood off the borrowed sword, lost in his thoughts for a moment. The young Lion had fought a hundred practice fights, training for a moment such as this; but during the skirmish itself, it seemed like everything had happened so fast. He thought about what it felt like to strike a man with a real sword, and to be wounded in turn. It all felt somehow right.

He looked up as the others reported what they had found on the kobune. "Perhaps we could donate the money to a temple," Qiang suggested when the stash of coins was found. "The armor might be handy, though; I wouldn't have minded some armor in that last fight, more than once."

-
Day 7 post-fight, meditate for void recovery Void/Meditation TN20: 7d10o10k4 27
Lion Clan • Competitor • Crab Hands • Strong • Betrothed
Status 1.0 • Glory 5.3 • Exceptional Honor

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:07 pm

Utaku Nesrin wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:53 am
Nesrin chuckles at the disconcerted Mantis shugenja. It was sort of amusing when someone else was the focus of his antics. (and lol, extra koku for everyone...the proprietor of the sake house may be getting a ton of donations.)

Ponies settled and tied someplace they'll be safe, Nesrin comes up beside Prashant as he heals the fallen ronin. Some whose wounds were made by her blade. She doesn't disturb him as he works, but kneels to bind those who still live. They probably weren't getting back up after minimal tending, but she didn't want anyone getting a knife in the back due to lack of caution.

When he's done, she nods toward the ronin and scroll satchel lying in a pool of blood. "There's nothing the kami can do for him, is there?"

____
(Aware that answer won't come for a bit)
When they are done with the few Ronin Prash had recognised were breathing and Nesrin points towards the fallen shugenja, Prashant's face becomes somber. "I... don't think so , Lāre...", he says, but moves towards them nonetheless.

Getting close to the fallen wayward priest(ess?), the Iuchi kneels, trying to recognise any signs of life. Finding none, he still extends his hands close to the fallen one's chest. His hands glow with a blueish light as he tries to invoke the power of the spirits to bring breath back to her lungs, once... twice... but to no avail.

His eyes sadden, his face more and more grave. After some time, he lowers his head, finally giving up.

"I'm sorry, Lārekke... there's nothing the Kami can do at this point."

He looks up at her. "But... you did what you had to. Many of us were badly hurt, and they refused to follow the call of honour - or reason. This person's soul back to the wheel means a number of honourable samurai will safely reach their gempukku to serve the Empire", he says, nodding reassurringly.

OOC

Waiting for the scene to end and for all others to claim their loot to decide what Prash keeps, but to keep this here already:

When all is done, Prashant will say some prayers to the souls of those who left Ningen-do today, then sit down and meditate for some time before joining Nesrin as she takes the ponies back to their rightful place.

Day 7 EA - Meditation/ Void for Void Recovery after fight. +5 due to wounds. TN 25: 10d10o10k4 46
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:17 pm

Matsu Qiang wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:24 pm
Qiang quietly wiped the blood off the borrowed sword, lost in his thoughts for a moment. The young Lion had fought a hundred practice fights, training for a moment such as this; but during the skirmish itself, it seemed like everything had happened so fast. He thought about what it felt like to strike a man with a real sword, and to be wounded in turn. It all felt somehow right.

He looked up as the others reported what they had found on the kobune. "Perhaps we could donate the money to a temple," Qiang suggested when the stash of coins was found. "The armor might be handy, though; I wouldn't have minded some armor in that last fight, more than once."

-
Day 7 post-fight, meditate for void recovery Void/Meditation TN20: 7d10o10k4 27
"It is all of fair quality, Matsu-san, as are all of the weapons. The scrolls should be handed over to the magistrates to see if anything can be learned from them, but we can ask about everything else." Asahi had taken a moment to ensure his own borrowed blade was clean and ready to be returned.

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:31 pm

Iuchi Prashant wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:07 pm
<snip for brevity>

He looks up at her. "But... you did what you had to. Many of us were badly hurt, and they refused to follow the call of honour - or reason. This person's soul back to the wheel means a number of honourable samurai will safely reach their gempukku to serve the Empire", he says, nodding reassurringly.
Nesrin watched, wanting to tell him not to waste so much of the kami's favor asking the impossible of them for her peace of mind, but not wanting to break his concentration. It was his to decide, really. What did she know of spirits?

She's resigned well before he speaks what they know, and she nods, her expression grave. "Even priests may act against the will of heaven, but I still would rather have left them to the magistrates. May they learn and find their way in their next life."

He's hurt, even if less so than many, so she holds out a hand to offer an assist to rising if desired as she lets her attention open to the investigation and aftermath. "The temple, and a couple other worthy places for my share, I think," she says quietly, "assuming that shouldn't just be left with the magistrates."

_______
(ooc, given the stated lack of honor loss for taking the funds, I'll assume the legal principle for cash is finders keepers. XD But I expect the items fall more into the same category of 'property' that the boat does.)
Unicorn Clan * Bushi * Battle Maiden * Honest and Fair * Hard to pronounce name
Honor: A Soul Above Question * Status: 1 * Glory: 3

Description

"Every day is a journey, and the journey itself home" -Bashō
Speaking Tegensai

Mai

Post by Mai » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:52 pm

OOC: From my understanding with my PM's with Vutall, weapons, ship, and scrolls can't be taken without honor loss. Everything else is more or less fair game.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:19 pm

((Ship needs Crane approval to take. Scrolls you can take but can't use at all without it being dishonorable. weapons, only the katana and wakizashi that the ronin themselves had would be dishonorable, as their blades should be at their funeral.))

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:06 am

(Asahi is taking the scrolls to turn in to the magistrates/Toshimoko, along with the other evidence gathered.)

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:56 am

Utaku Nesrin wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:31 pm
(...)
She's resigned well before he speaks what they know, and she nods, her expression grave. "Even priests may act against the will of heaven, but I still would rather have left them to the magistrates. May they learn and find their way in their next life."

He's hurt, even if less so than many, so she holds out a hand to offer an assist to rising if desired as she lets her attention open to the investigation and aftermath. "The temple, and a couple other worthy places for my share, I think," she says quietly, "assuming that shouldn't just be left with the magistrates."
He nods at Nesrin's words. "May their souls learn with this turn of the wheel and thread a truer path in the next one..."

He doesn't feel he needs the help so much - even Nesrin herself looked at least almost as wounded as he was - but after a quick moment of hesitation he does take her hand, nodding again.

"We should probably ask about that. If the coins are in fact left to us, that is my plan as well", he says, smiling to her. Of course she must be used to his unease with money by now.

"If the magistrates will not confiscate some of the other items, we could help see where they can be best put to use too."

OOC
(ooc, given the stated lack of honor loss for taking the funds, I'll assume the legal principle for cash is finders keepers. XD But I expect the items fall more into the same category of 'property' that the boat does.)
Some questions for V
As apparently all but swords, boat and scrolls are fair game, I'd like to ask - for the scrolls, do we take them to the magistrates? Any answer from them regarding that?
As for the armour - depending on what Prash does after this, Ashigaru armour might come in handy, but I kinda remember there's some frowning upon Shugenja wearing armour, isn't there? Does that extend to the more martial Iuchi? (and are they still more martial in 5e lore?). Also - not sure if keeping Armour would fit well with Ascetic - it might if it seems like the armour would help perform his duties, but as he still hasn't received a fixed assignment, maybe it wouldn't make sense?
um... that's actually a lot of questions now. Sorry! lol
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:36 am

((Asahi is taking them to the Magistrates essentially, and it would not provide any answer once (if) they cracked the cypher. They are really just checking for corruption/maho and that's not really in the purview of magistrates anymore since the Jade office is not staffed. There isn't any downside to Shugenja being in armor, so no worries there. Some may frown on it, as Shugenja arn't meant for war, but others would understand it and find it practical. Keeping the armor would be no problem with Aestetic))

Mai

Post by Mai » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:26 am

((If armor has no downsides for shugenja, Mai would grab some.))

Return to “Docks and Warehouses”