(Day 7, LM) Taryu-Jiai Tournament Roleplay Thread

Asako Saburo

Re: (Day 7, LM) Taryu-Jiai Tournament Roleplay Thread

Post by Asako Saburo » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:19 pm

Saburo glanced towards the Yasuki and his lips thinned. "In future, it is best to be circumspect. I assumed you were speaking of this, yes." He grunted.
He glanced around and pulled out his own fan to lower his voice as he spoke, grunting. "My fiance has no reason to share a fan with Kaiu-san, nor does Kaiu-san have reason to do likewise. Both are circumspect, honorable, stayed and careful individuals. The sharing of fans is a carefully orchestrated, frequently private act that is allowed to be seen after it has been done, to solicit notice and comment. They are not so brazen as to offer such a thing to another publicly. I trust my fiance's discretion inherently. And, I have no reason to distrust Kaiu-san either."

A small shake of his head. "Someone is toying with them, and other's impressions, and as soon as I do not feel as if my lungs wish to collapse from heat? I will browbeat that merchant until he gives me the identity of the buyer. I would know who would make a mockery of three noble houses in the presence of Kakita-sama. I can think of no purpose behind the act."
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:32 pm

Ginkarasu nods. "Kaiu-sama...couldn't think up such a plot. He's smart, and clever with his hands when he's engineering things. But not devious." He sighs a bit. "Hai, yes. I'm not great at circumspect, sorry. I just knew...you're someone of honor. You had the event at Hirosaka won, and followed your lord's commands despite easily being able to stay another day." He frowns.

In a tight whisper, "Do you know of Kaiu-sama's family?"
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:45 pm

"Mmmm? Oh yes. That." He shrugged, a little dismissively. He had struggled to understand they had been competing with one another the whole time. "The lessons there have given me a certain ... familiarity with the ways of court. I'm still not great at navigating it myself, but I at least understand it."

He frowned, shaking his head once. "I know very little. I know that he was engaged once. No more."
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:50 pm

His voice still tight, "His family is from your clan. It's what I thought of first when I saw the bird symbol. I thought, Crab and Bird, that makes sense. But then someone else had a similar box...and people mentioned Toritaka-sama's name. I just...I guess I'd just ask if you learn anyone's trying to manipulate him, that you'd tell him?"
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:00 pm

"If I become aware that anyone within my clan, former or not, is interfering in the marriage negotiations of my house and Toritaka-san's so near to our wedding? There will be words said." And quite possibly more. "I have spoken with him once already, and should I learn more I will inform him, yes." If it was a Phoenix pulling these strings, he couldn't imagine the purpose of doing so.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:02 pm

He nods. "I'll pledge the same, if I find any Crab behind it. Should I tell you, or Toritaka-sama?"

Return to “Taryu-Jiai Tournament”