[D6, EA] Posse Comitatus

Vutall

Re: [D6, EA] Posse Comitatus

Post by Vutall » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:31 pm

The ronin curses as a handful of bystanders try to stop him. He manages to get by the first few, but one gets a lucky grab and brings him down, holding him tight
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:04 am

Jiro rushes forward to help hold the bastard down. "Your for the magistrates now, fella," he said, using the opportunity of the scrum to effect a subtle search of his person. Jiro meant to palm or pocket any documents or useful items.

D6, EA, making a big display of searching the ronin for weapons he could hurt the helpful crowd with.: 7d10o10k4 61 While actually effecting a quite general search for anything of interest.

D6, EA, Sleight of Hand to palm any documents or useful clues: 4d10o10k3 18
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro
Honor: Untrustworthy, Infamy: 1, Status: 2, Topaz Points: 254

Wearing: a lovely scarf, wakizashi, extravagant clothing This mask

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:37 am

The ronin had a coin purse (5 koku worth of coin), a hidden knife, and 3 nageteppo (Smoke+Flash)

"You don't know what you're messing with kid. Let me go and you might save yourself from getting a target painted on you"

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:43 am

Kaidan snapped out of battle mode. He cleaned the wakizashi in a swoop. He looked at the ronin. He returned the weapon to his rightful owner. He fixed himself. "Then, tell us for we are all ears."
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:48 am

"I ain't saying nothin. But if somethin happens to me, you will be next. Guarantee it."

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:49 am

Bayushi Jiro was unimpressed by the threat, he just looked at the coin purse in his hand to see if it had an identifying mark.

"You and I both know it is far too late for us to ask these fine people to let you go. Tell me who paid you and perhaps I might try to persuade the magistrates to spare your life. Fail to do so and I see no reason to bother."

D6, EA, Temptation/Awareness to induce Jimmu to rat out his paymaster in exchange for a good word to the magistrates: 7d10o10k5 34

D6, EA, Intimidation/Awareness: "Or I could just let you die.": 8d10o10k5 22
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:51 am

"I've lived a good life. I'm ready for my next spin. Are you?"

The coins are not identifiable other than being standard Imperial minted Koku.

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:02 am

Jiro inclined his head. If they were in Kyuden Bayushi, or even in southern Crane lands, this would operate quite differently. The difficulty is that they were very much in public, the Crane would be involved shortly, it would be a political impossibility to get this person released, and an unacceptable degree of unlikely that the Scorpion would be able to pick him up and spirit him away even if he were to be. No, their options were unfortunately constrained.

"A samurai always chooses death," he said in reply.

Rising from his position looming over the ronin, he asked the crowd: "Let us bring in the magistrates. Does anyone know where this assassin stays when he is in town?"

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:48 am

Kaidan glared at the ronin. His words were interesting but Kaidan wasn't able break through the mask. He nodded at Jiro. "Life is sometimes more pain than death. Death is the easy way out of this."
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:42 am

"Another spin huh. Now the ronin shows some piety." Kichiro shakes his head and clicks a disappointed tsk tsk. "Magistrate's estate is equipped with its own cells I believe." he answers.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Akodo Commander • Tactician
Honor: Exceptional - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points 299 (Please donate a TP point to the needy)

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:25 pm

The ronin stays silent, not willing to talk anymore, his loyalty to whoever employs him quite strong.

It occurs to all three that his behavior is unlike most ronin, or even, people in general. The threat of magistrates and the torture that might come would normally make most say something to defend themselves.

There is a high possibility that something more is at play, and these ronin lately are not what they seem...

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:09 am

Kaidan was angry at himself, yet he kept his compulsure. "I see... you are quite the servant to your lord. Even if you are supposed to have renounced your vows to your lord." He looked at the ronin in the eyes. "I hope it was worth it. There are plenty of webs in the world... some intertwine... others just capture prey."

Return to “Streets”