Studying in the Library

Mai

Studying in the Library

Post by Mai » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:52 am

Mai was in library reading Akodo's Leadership. She doubted she would lead armies, but she had done poorly today. At least, poorly for what she expected of herself. Well, she would prove herself by showing amazing ability in tactical learning!
Mantis Clan Shugenja *Water * Thunder * Prodigy * Lucky

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Items: Scrolls, Jade

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: Studying in the Library

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:58 am

After he thought on the lessons the Akodo gave him, he went to the library determined to seek the books he needed for his new perspective on directed training. On the strategy part, he got surprised to find someone already there.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:59 am

"Avast ye, me lovely matey Mai-chan. How 'ave ye been farin' this fine trainin' day?" Kakyou greets her out loud while leaning in over her shoulder to read what she was reading.
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Mai

Post by Mai » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:03 am

"Could have been better, but could have been worse." Mai sighed. "You?"

She notices the Crab and bows. "Hello, Crab-san. I am Mai and this is Kokyou. We are of the Mantis Clan. A pleasure."

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:06 am

He bows a little less. "So you know eachother. My name is Kaiu Aiichiro. I find it curious to see so many people interested on this part of the library. I assume we are even alone here?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:09 am

"I could nah feel better. Didn' ye see how Utaku-sensei noticed me. I 'ave surely made a mighty good impression. Ye did so, too. Me galleon cap'n would 'ave definitely complimented us sayin' we be suckin' less. That ole fart."

Kokyou looks over to the Crab and opens a gin, no... a grin. "Ahoy thar, cousin Crab. A pleasure t' meet yer acquaintance."
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

Mai

Post by Mai » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:12 am

"Well, I figure it would be a good idea to impress the senseis here by showing knowledge of things they wouldn't expect." She shows what she's reading to both. "I figure they won't expect a priestess to know much about tactics and such."

She shook her head at her fellow Clansman. "I didn't notice, but I am happy for you. I was worried about messing up after I started that prayer wrong. A priestess messing up a prayer." She gives an exasperated sigh.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:18 am

"It is also a pleasure to meet you, cousin. I think I impressed Akodo-sensei a little, but mostly by doing things expected as a bushi. I prayed quite well, though. If you need help with strategies, I can help you. I'm studying to be a battlemaster. My sensei even said that if I did well enough I could become a nikutai right after gempukku, so I really need to do well here."
He looked at what she was reading.
"Leadership is a good start. Good choice, Mai-san."

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:24 am

"Akodo-sensei noticed ye, eh. That's definitely an accomplishment. I often heard they lack an eye fer thin's."

Kokyou laughs, and shakes his head at Mai's comment. "I be happy ye're happy fer me. Whatever yer did doesn't matter now. I made ye happy. Now, wha''s that ye wanted t' lear more, again?"

Mai

Post by Mai » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:38 am

"Oh. That's interesting. Do the Crab have different kinds of battlemasters? Like for humans," Mai frowns, "and other stuff?"

She giggles at Kokyou's comment. "Well, glad I made you happy?" Kokyou always had the talent of getting people to smile. Except maybe that Moto she met at the restaurant.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:47 am

"Yes, we do. We usually keep only the only trained in the Crab on the wall, and they are the focus of the clan, but there need to be too sergeants and corporals to patrol the clan borders inside the Empire. I have heard that when we marry our cousins, we send them to patrol the seas."

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:53 am

"That be wise. We be th' best cousins fer that, indeed." Kokyou points out, "All o' that."

Mai

Post by Mai » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:56 am

Mai nods. "My sensei has aided the Crab in the past in the seas. I think one of parents may have been from your Clan."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:04 am

He smiled. "Anyway, let me help you to study. Leadership is a good start, but you two would need to know the fundaments. I believe I can be of help, but I don't know barely anything about sea warfare."

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:09 am

"Go wit' th' rollin' flow o' th' waves." Kyokou mentions. "That's lesson number one in sea warfare. I guess 'tis enough insight fer us t' keep studyin' how ye landlubbers manage troops. Fer now."

Mai

Post by Mai » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:13 am

Mai nods to Kokyou. "I agree. I doubt they will be testing on our naval ability."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:16 am

"Eeeeh... I would need to first need to manage ships then. Lesson understood. Anyway, we usually have those really high towers and send in scouts to see and warn if an attack is coming our way. So any strategy of combat from the Crab starts when we see that we will be attacked."

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:41 am

"We 'ave high masts 'n scallywags wit' keen eyesights, too. That's pretty much similar. Scout ships are also used."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:52 am

"Then we deploy forces to distract the advancing enemies whilst the lookouts return. Does this also happen in naval warfare?"

Mai

Post by Mai » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:55 am

"I think so?" She looks to her Kokyou. This part was sadly lacking in her teachings.

Return to “Rooster”