(D5 EM) A Good Spiritual Scrubbing

Kuni Yotsuo

(D5 EM) A Good Spiritual Scrubbing

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:58 am

Having visited several spirit realms for a short while, he felt in particular need of purification this morning. Not that he would avoid it on any given day, but today it was more important than others. After arriving and going through the purification ritual with one of the monks he thanks them before going about other prayers and offerings for the day, including a few coins. Afterwards he finds a quiet place to sit and think on the upcoming event dealing with the law.
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: (D5 EM) A Good Spiritual Scrubbing

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:42 am

His word given, he now only had to arrange priests to pruify the sake house. Being able to do so somewhat succesfully, he was returning to the inn until he saw Yotsuo, approaching him with a deep bow.
"Kuni-sama, great to see you here. May I ask you something that always quite bugged me? Why have you become a special diplomat?" He looks at his mon.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:47 am

"Kaiu-san," he says with a nod to his clan mate. "Because I can visit and speak with the spirits. If the need arises to deal with beings from other realms on behalf of the Crab it will be my duty to do so. It is about diplomacy with the spirit realms, not with other clans. But I have been authorized to do so on behalf of other clans at my discretion and their request. It isn't my place to step in for their affairs, but it is my privilege and duty to offer such as part of my service, potentially improving relations with other clans for doing so effectively."
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:58 am

"I see. It's a duty noble." He says. "May I tell you a thing? It's completely unrelated, but it just passed by my head. I always viewed you, before the diplomat position that is, at Hirosaka is what I mean, with some sort of respect. You give off this impression of being very focused with what you need to do, always works to improve the safety of everyone and only says the necessary. Those are pretty admirable virtues."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:27 pm

"It is our purpose as Crab to protect the empire. I never saw any reason not to incorporate that into my daily life and duty. I appreciate your generous words, though. But you are not so different in your deeds. From what I've seen you have care and consideration for others. I think the most significant difference in how we approach things is I tend to only be able to provide immediate temporal support for incidents as they occur or immediately after. You have a much longer view and the ability to build things that will protect people's futures."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:08 pm

"This longer view I must say that is a product of training. That's how they say. The Hiruma long their past, the Hida fight the present and we envision the future. It's a part of war too, as Leadership says. The Crab Leadership at least. The book has been so changed and interpreted and offhangs added that each clan have their own unique thing now."

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:21 pm

"It's got good points in it, but I prefer just interpreting it for myself. That seems the most effective way to use any scholarly text I think. Discussing it with others is all well and good, but they are the words of a Kami. If you can't find some sort of personal inspiration from them then the point of reading it becomes muddled," he says with a shrug.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:32 pm

"The Lion were the very first to alter it, Yotsuo-sama. The original is guarded in Shiro Ikoma, and only the Lion Champion may read it. We must say those are words of a kami, and it's a book of great insight indeed, but how much are the words of Akodo-sama there is unknown. Following this logic or whims of a previous lord, as well many scribes hid or added details."

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:23 am

"Copies have been available to many over the history of the empire. But I doubt that they would have altered the text too much. To alter the words of a Kami and pass them off as authentic... that would not be their way. I find it more likely that they have simply spent more time studying it, and keep their insights to themselves, giving them their advantage in understandings of tactics and strategy."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:04 am

"Ah, yes. The intent is never malicious and the entire base." He replies. "The small details that change are problematic, though, but their change is understandable. I forgot already why did I enter on the subject anyway." He shrughs. "As curiosity striked me, what do you use Leadership for, Yotsuo-sama?"

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:29 am

"Personally? For understanding others. It's insights are certainly useful for understanding tactics and strategy, but I'd rather understand those things so that I can relate to people that actually have to use them in their duty. I will likely never be called upon to command forces but that doesn't mean I won't interact with those that do. Sympathizing with their burden and duty is important to being able to speak with them on a more respectful level."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:05 am

"This is a good motivation, and one that as well deserves respect for being useful. It helps if everyone is on the same page." He nods. "You always leave the inn early in the morning. Do you usually go to this place?" It should be some shug- monk thing. He would not be surprised, and hoped that he didn't come across as too interested in the Kuni's life.

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:15 am

"I come here in the mornings for the same reason I visited the temple daily at Hirosaka. Spiritual cleansing and purification. When I visit the different spirit realms it always leaves behind an influence... it's essence affecting my spirit. But every person, me included, always visits Yume-do during sleep. Daily ritual cleansing ensures that there is no lingering influence or connection to that realm that will attract the attention of other spirits. It usually has no real tangible effect on you, but when you are aware in Yume-do the influence and effect that occurs through interaction becomes stronger."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:10 am

"I sometimes have those dreams where I know I'm in a dream. Does this counts as being aware in Yume-Do?"

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:20 pm

"Knowing you are dreaming is a bit different from being aware that you are in Yume-do. Even when you know you are dreaming, you are still within the dream. Interacting with what is shown to you is far different from how I experience the realm."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:34 pm

"I see. Thank you, Yotsuo-sama." He replies in a bow. "I shall let you be in your own affairs now."

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:58 pm

"If that is what you wish, though I am always glad to converse with you if you want," he says with a nod.

Return to “Temple to Amaterasu”