EN - D4 - Homework Never Ends

Miya Wyn

Re: EN - D4 - Homework Never Ends

Post by Miya Wyn » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:47 am

"No I havent heard from or really seen much of him or the previous champion, other then the welcome ceremony"
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy
Dojo Points: 104 | Status 1.5 | Glory 6.0 | Honor: Above Question
| Topaz Points: 166
Equipment: Kimono, Ink Brush Kit, Journal, Several Scrolls

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:56 am

The Unicorn nods.

"I hadn't too... until the name 'Sugai' was mentioned today at the sake house..."

He recounts what happened to the Miya, in general terms - the Ronin entering during the celebration, asking for something the innkeeper didn't have, then starting to insult the contestants, drawing their swords and coming at them whey they answered, then getting defeated... and mentioning the name 'Sugai' as they tried to run away and got blocked from doing so.
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:46 am

"Sugai is the Scorpion right? Do you think he hired the Ronin?"
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:06 pm

Prash seems reflective, but also somewhat troubled. "Hai... Bayushi Sugai-san was last year's runner up I believe, ne?"

"I'm... not sure. After examining the ronin's clothes, Isawa Haruki-san and the magistrates seemed to think they might be.... more than ronin. But... I feel it may be soon to assume much. Just... what happened made me wonder if this might be related to Hitoshi-san in some way. Or... if may be something concerning this Bayushi Sugai-san personally - or another named Sugai, perhaps..."
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:48 pm

"That is a good point, it is possible there are multiple Sugai, for that matter it is rare to call out someone by personal name unless they are Ronin, or you know them well. I would not think normal Ronin would refer to a scorpion employer by his personal name, for that matter Scorpion employers might not even use thier own name when hiring ronin, is it possible someone is trying to frame Bayushi-san?"

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:16 pm

The Iuchi looks thoughtful again - maybe a bit confused...

"I... hadn't really considered that possibility, but you do have a point. But then... I wonder who might be interested in framing him. This sounds... complicated."

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Return to “The House of the Laughing Carp”