(D5 LA, Private) An Old Friend

Individual Rooms for Guests
Kuni Yotsuo

Re: (D5 LA, Private) An Old Friend

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:54 pm

"I can imagine it is quite effective in bringing a story to life, but I hope to be able to author works so that I can make tales and descriptions of the realms more widely available to others," he explains. "Perhaps writing plays to bring the fantastical worlds to life, or just books and allowing more capable playwrights and actors to draw inspiration from my experiences. The main goal in learning an artistic expression for me would be to share the wonder of the fantastic nature of the realms."
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:56 pm

"A good writer is just as important as a good actor. Both are able to create scenes for people. I am sure you will do well. It does take practice though."
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:07 pm

"I'll likely begin practicing after I return home when I have access to more materials to do so with. I can imagine that a writer tends to go through a relatively monumental amount of paper and ink. Perhaps I could share my writings with you to get your feedback on the quality of the stories and composition during correspondence?" he suggests.
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:04 am

“I am happy to share my thoughts with you, though I do not read normally, as most of my time is taken up by scripts and practicing my own art. The acting troupe has many different plays they must be able to perform after all, on top of making our own unique shows”

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:25 am

"Well, I don't expect to become a prolific writer or anything. I imagine that I will not have a great deal of time to practice or a great number of works to share so I won't be able to burden you too much," he says with a chuckle. "Too many other duties to attend to in my future I imagine."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:54 am

“Have you any idea what your first duty will be?”

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:12 am

"Not specifically. I only know what my position is, but it will be one called upon when needed I imagine. Outside of that, I'll likely be given many of the same tasks that other Wardens are given. Possibly hunting dangerous beings with my understanding of spirits, but they may wish to keep me near home and just have me minister to those Crab that suffer from time fighting the southern enemy. Either one suits me fine, honestly. I'll likely just perform most of those duties alongside others that can fill in for me when I'm called upon to use my ability."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:29 am

“You don’t think...”

She hesitates, her skin going a little pale.

“You don’t think they would ask you to visit THAT realm, do you?”

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:15 pm

"I would assume not, except in the most dire of circumstances. They do ask a lot of other Crab. But as I don't carry the influence of that realm already, I doubt they would invite the risk me gaining it."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:47 pm

"That is good. I am only just getting to know you. I would not wish to have to forget."

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:04 pm

"It is a difficult thing, certainly, to learn of those that are taken by that realm's influence. It's something many Crab have to deal with all the time. But it is also part of a Warden's duties to see to those individuals. It is not something I want for anyone. But I have also been blessed by the Oracle of Earth, and among Crab that is known to help resist the touch of that realm. Among our clan, those that are so blessed are often considered as among the luckiest souls. Certainly it tends to be more fate than luck that draws the attention of the Oracle, but we appreciate when they choose to offer such a blessing to one of our number."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:11 pm

"I will not try to say I understand your Duty, but I hae every bit of faith that you will perform it well, Kuni-san"

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:23 pm

"It's a complex one, mired in the duty of the Crab and all the stigma that entails. It can be difficult to explain with propriety in the company of people that are not Crab," he says with a nod. "But I will be doing all I can for the good of the Empire."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:31 pm

"And you know I am always a letter away if you need something. You are a friend, Kuni-san"

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:20 pm

"As are you Shosuro-sensei. I am glad to provide any assistance to you if I can," Yotsuo offers.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:22 pm

"Nothing I can think of for now, but I will remember."

Return to “Private Rooms”