[D4, EM, Closed] A Comparison of Notes

Otomo Nobuko

Re: [D4, EM, Closed] A Comparison of Notes

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:08 am

"Yes, but this one could be so much fun for him. Perhaps we can convince him to have a turn tonight? If he is not otherwise engaged?"

Or distracted by his cat.
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:16 am

"I shall make the effort," Tomohiro agreed quietly. "I think he does feel more himself when he is portraying another. It is a paradox, but I think in the end a healthy one for him."
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro
Honor: Untrustworthy, Infamy: 1, Status: 2, Topaz Points: 254

Wearing: a lovely scarf, wakizashi, extravagant clothing This mask

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:26 am

"As long as he is safe," she said. There was not much more that could be added without getting into details that she felt were too much for Erina to hear. And, well, there honestly wasn't much that could be done at the moment.

"You said you had something else you wished to speak on? You sounded excited."
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:40 am

Tomohiro's face colored slightly, a blush rising in the cheeks as he thought on the other matter at hand. "Wellll...I recently rekindled an acquaintance from Hirosaka, and I think there might be something there." An excited glance suggested what that something might just be. "But it is all so delicate! Things are proceeding, but...but I am at a loss as to how to arrange the best result. The uncertainty is galling, Nobu-chan. Deeply, profoundly galling."
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:29 pm

Her face lit up and she clapped her hands, "Oh! I did not know someone from Hirosaka had caught your eye! I knew you had caught the eye of many, of course..."

She grinned and leaned forward, forcing Erina to change her position to continue pinning braids in place, "What has occured so far?"

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:43 am

"Well...we met over a game of go the evening before last. It was...it was really very pleasant. It seemed there was so much to talk about, and he really listened and thought, Nobu-chan, and he made me think, too." It was clear that there was something in Tomohiro that responded very strongly to an intellectual challenge. "We discussed traditions in poetry, and how our upbringing reinforced Fortunism in my case and Shinseism in his. We're meeting again this evening because he wants to teach me a little bit about koans and his tradition of Shinseism."

There was a pause. "And there was something in his expression, like he simply enjoys being around me. I know it sounds whiny, but you, Nobu-chan, and Kaidan-san are the only people I know who have enjoyed me for myself, rather than what I represent. It is so nice to simply be."

"Of course, it helps that he is kind to others, and handsome. Like..." Tomohiro sighed. "I've got it rather bad, haven't I?"

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:51 am

Nobuko was grinning and making no attempt to control the expression as she nodded, "Benten-no-kami has surely touched your soul over this boy. And he sounds wonderful. And it is not whiney at all. We are the same, Tomo-kun. Both of us are more often looked at by others for the symbols and status we carry with our names and our families. To find someone who sees the soul beneath is a measure of happiness rare to us."

She straightened and sat with her hands in her lap, looking down at them as she sighed, "While I would normally advise more caution in pursuing this potential... He was at Hirosaka as well. There is history there that only those of us who experienced it will ever know or understand. Perhaps being a little bolder might not be unwelcome? If he continues to show interest... A secluded meeting where you might cover his hand with yours..."

She blushed, eyes shutting at the memory of the romantic air such actions had brought to her own meeting with Ichiro.

"Your intentions will be made known and he can respond or deny them without shame or insult to either of you. And if his interest is also true, you will get to hold hands!"

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:20 am

Tomohiro's expression turns dreamy for a moment. Holding hands...

"That does sound lovely, Nobu-chan. Thank you for your advice. Truly. I...did not wish to pressure him unduly." Tomohiro sighed. "I think father assumed that I would fall for some bookish Asako...or perhaps an Ikoma if I had a hidden wild streak. He'll be rather surprised, I think, if this turns out the way I wish."

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:02 am

"I will pray to Benten to continue to bless you, and to Hotei as well," she said before squealing softly in excitement and covering her mouth. Nearly an adult or no, she was still only 17. "May I know this mysterious boy's name or is that to be a secret until you are certain of his feelings?"

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:31 am

Tomohiro blushed. "He's Iuchi Prashant."

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:44 am

She sat, mouth agape and quiet in shock for several moments before throwing her head back and laughing. Erina stepped away, alarmed, so that she did not yank her mistress' hair.

Nobuko laughed until she could not breath and then did her best to suck in air and calm herself.

"That-" a heavy breath taken in "-is just-" another breath "-amazing!"

She couldn't quite stop the laughing, one hand pressed to her belly, but she did finally seem to be able to get control of herself as she wiped a tear from her eye.

"To think... that both of us... have only been seen for ourselves outside of friends and family... by Unicorn. It must be something in how they are raised, yes?"

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:05 am

Jiro smiled as his analytical self turned on for a moment. "They would need to be able to approach and understand leaders quickly during their wanderings. Perhaps the skills are now immersed in their culture? I don't know. But I did think there was a little bit of serendipity in it."

He sighed. "It is so easy to let one's thoughts and wants run away with one, though. He didn't like hearing that I had had a meeting with a nakodo during the interval between Hirosaka and here. I get the sense that there is a sadness in him...and a reticence about there being something more than a flirtation. That is why I appreciate your advice, Nobu-chan. He need not reveal the whole mystery, but I can still know whether he...really would like to be closer to me. Or whether we...stop as friends."

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:13 am

"He may be under the impression that a nakodo means you are unavailable. Or soon to be. And there is no chance of whatever feelings he has for you being able to be given for longer than brief encounter. If a betrothal is not currently imminent, you could mention that proposals are still being accepted."

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:28 am

"Perhaps." Tomohiro was unsure, but that was a dimension of the issue he had not considered. "It certainly could do no harm. I suppose that I am simply scarred by the lash of fate--frightened of forever being the second choice." He threw the back of his hand to cover his forehead in a classic swoon.

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:03 pm

"You are clearly too much for anyone to handle on first glance," she consoled him, just as dramatically. "Why else would their heads keep turning back to watch you more than any others?"

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:42 pm

Jiro dropped the hand, allowing himself to be consoled. "I just...forgive me, Nobu-chan. These feelings are intense, and unfamiliar. I don't know how Kokyou doesn't go entirely mad when he has such a surfeit of them."

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:45 am

"Don't feel bad for that. That is a mystery even the most profound philosophers may never understand." She put on. Mock serious face and nodded sagely, gaining only a slight tug on her hair this time. Erina must have been close to finishing.

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:04 am

Tomohiro found himself giggling. "He's lucky he's pretty. Not exactly husband material, though."

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:24 am

"I'm fairly certain he doesn't want to be. That would mean having to settle for only one person's open affection," she said in a fond manner. She respected and liked Kokyou for many things - his reputation as a womanizer was not one of them. "But I suppose if there is someone that can bring the storm under control, he would be very dedicated to them. But otherwise... We can still allow our eyes wander whenever he abandons his shirt."

Because he was very nice to look at.

Return to “Outskirts”