(D5, LA) Thrill of the Hunt (Closed)

Kaiu Aiichiro

(D5, LA) Thrill of the Hunt (Closed)

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:54 pm

In front of the Magistrates hall, bows in hand and quivers in the waist, it was raining like dogs still.
Legs covered in mud couldn't ruin a good hunting day, though! So he waited for people to show up, already have asked everything five young hunters would need for the Magistrates.
----------
Everyone who was, presumably, invited to the hunt: Aiichirō, Ginkarasu, Kenji, Kazuko, Hitoshi (NPC)
Closing it to everyone else because I don't like large threads, sorry.
We will start in another place but go to the grove shortly.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Re: (D5, LA) Thrill of the Hunt (Closed)

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:05 pm

Ginkarasu was reinvigorated, because he's young and because he got to see Miya Wyn do the impossible as he carried a small river into town earlier.

"Going to squelch all day, but all the better to test ourselves! There's going to be a hunting test and practicing is a good idea!"
Last edited by Yasuki Ginkarasu on Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:16 pm

Upon seeing Ginkarasu, the start of a smile flashes before he turns his face to normal again. He was starting to get that stupid grin by mimicry. Being all smiley smiley in the Wall to have, or so he was told. Soldiers would trust you more if you looked all so stoic. But he also heard that being able to smile more would be an advantage, as it would lighten up the days of everyone. In truth, he thought that in a stone fortress whose half task force was midway consumed by hell's insanity, people couldn't care less on how much you smile or smilen't.
"Oh, I didn't invite you because of the test. Just because I thought you would like it. Said you liked discovering things, so let's discover the forest."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:44 pm

"Hai! Though we'll not want to string our bows with the rain until we're ready."
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:02 pm

((Lore: Nature (wildlife) / Intelligence to know why animals are around, investigation (spot) / perception to find tracks for them, Hunting (Tracking) / Perception to follow them, Stealth / Agility to get close, then a weapon skill / agility or kyujutsu / reflexes to actually kill them. All checks are cooperative if wished, so rolled gets bonus +x as a straight modified to the roll equal to each assisting persons ranks in the skill. Base the is 20 for all. ))
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:34 pm

Kenji, who had only noticed the fire when it was already over, joined his friends. It wasn't necessarily easy to walk around in the mud, but at least his straw hat protected him from getting completely wet. He was wearing simple but sturdy clothes and also accepted a yumi with arrows from the magistrate.

"Greetings!" he said and bowed. "What a crazy day, huh?"

(ooc: oof with my int/perc i never hunt anything xD)
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:54 am

Ginkarasu does his best to help everyone. "So, some of hunting is wandering around until you notice something worth hunting. A bunch of it is not scaring them away. Hi Kenji-kun! Hope you don't mind the rain and the mud!"

OOC: Skills that could help others.
Lore: Nature: 0 (int 2)
Investigation: 3 (perc 3)
Hunting: 3 (perc 3)
Stealth: 0 (agil 4)
Kyujutsu: 2 (Ref 5)

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:10 am

"Oh, hello, Kenji-kun. As well, which kind of animals stay out during rain? I know bears do. I don't want to find a bear, though. Neither a crocodile." He asks to them both.

OOC: Skills that could help others.
Lore: Nature: 0 (int 5) (Sage)
Investigation: 2 (perc 3)
Hunting: 1 (perc 3)
Stealth: 0 (agil 5)
Kyujutsu: 0 (Ref 3) (Crab Hands)

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:11 am

"It looked like a fine day, but it suddenly turned dark and rain fell! Well, as far as i know there are no bears around, but the occasional boar should run around"

---
OOC:
Lore: Nature: 0 (int 2)
Investigation: 2 (perc 2)
Hunting: 1 (perc 2)
Stealth: 0 (agil 4)
Kyujutsu: 3 (Ref 5)
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:00 am

"Even if a bear approaches us, we're definitely strong enough to fight it off!"

---

ooc:
Lore: Nature 0 (Intelligence 3)
Investigation 2 (Perception 4)
Hunting 1 (Perception 4)
Stealth 0 (Agility 3)
Kyujutsu 3 (Reflexes 4)
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:42 pm

((Hitoshi is here, but for the sake of gameplay, I'd like to keep this to character skills only and not bring NPC's into it))

"Do they have bears in Crane lands?"

Hitoshi asks curiously as he begins readying his Yumi. He takes great care with it, checking over the bows structure and finding it fit, string is

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:13 pm

"I bet they do. All the mountains up and down the coast. Good places for bears. Maybe we don't go up the mountain?" He stretches a bit, then thinking over all of what he knows of the groups skills.

"Aiichiro-sama, how about you lead us based on what you want to hunt? Get us to wherever we need to go. Kazuko-sama, if you'll watch for tracks? Once you find them, I'll try and make sure we can follow them. Aiichiro-sama, you keep us quiet enough for Kenji-sama to take the shot? Hitoshi-sama, I'm sorry, I don't know all of your skills. Will you back up Kenji and keep an eye out for any dangerous predators? Or markers that we've strayed onto blessed territory? This map Miya Wyn-sama gave me covers a lot, but we're leaving Tsuma proper here."

(OOC: Proposal: Aiichiro rolls Lore: Nature/Intelligence (6k5), Kazuko rolls Investigation(notice)/Perception (6k4+7), Ginkarasu rolls Hunting(Tracking)/Perception (he'll void) (7k4+3), Aiichiro = Stealth/Agility (5k5), Kenji = Kyujutsu/Reflexes (8k5+5) )

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:33 pm

"This seems like a good idea, Ginkarasu-kun!" Kenji sad "Also, Greetings Hitoshi-san" he bowed before the Mantis, "I think we havn't properly introduced us yet? I'm Kakita Kenji, it's an honor to meet you".

---
OOC: Yeah, seems like a good plan!

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:19 am

"Everyone is there and we got a plan. Let's go!" He says with a gesture of his arm and is the first to put his face again up the storm, legs up the mud. Having to leave the town was fierce.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:38 am

Ginkarasu was well protected by his straw cloak and hat. He kept his borrowed bow unstrung and marched after the others.

"So! Where does everyone see themselves in a few years? Like, what do you think you'll be doing?"

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:13 am

“Hopefully, I’ll be captain of my own ship! And you? “

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:16 am

"Hopefully climbing up the ranks of the rulers and watching over a city one day, assuming I'm a good Gokenin", Kenji answered as he waded through the mud with the others. The way to the Tsuma Forest was long and the elements unpaved.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:20 am

"A ship and a city! Wonderful! I hope I'm working to protect someone making a difference. Maybe a yoriki to an Emerald Magistrate? Or one of the courtiers of the clan making sure the Wall's supplied." He muddles through the mud.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:37 am

"...I'll be something higher than a nikutai at the Wall." He replies. He knew that in a few weeks he would be a nikutai at the Wall. "My path is already set. There are few deviations from it."

He knew from the city map where the nearest grove was, and his sense of direction was good enough he always knew where southwest was. Finding their way out of Tsuma was easy.

D5 LA Thrill of the Hunt - Lore: Nature/Intelligence TN 20: 6d10o10k5 20

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:55 am

Ginkarasu pauses a moment. "Hey! Why's the sky look different up ahead?"

Return to “Outskirts”