(Day 5, EA) Fire!

Miya Wyn

Re: (Day 5, EA) Fire!

Post by Miya Wyn » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:51 pm

Wyn is again covered in mud, for the second time in as many days. He finds a quiet corner away from the flames to collapse after doing everything he could to organize the fire fighting.
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy
Dojo Points: 104 | Status 1.5 | Glory 6.0 | Honor: Above Question
| Topaz Points: 166
Equipment: Kimono, Ink Brush Kit, Journal, Several Scrolls

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:59 pm

Ginkarasu splashes Wyn with some water. But really just because it's raining and he was all wet and muddy and already resting after having put in a bunch of quick work.
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Utaku Ichiro

Post by Utaku Ichiro » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:05 pm

Mai wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:38 pm
Mai notices the downed Unicorn. Once Prash is finished, "Iuchi-san, you're skill is remarkable." Mai was impressed. She only learned a little mundane healing. But the other Unicorn was still pretty hurt, so she turned her attention. "Utaku-san, may I ask the kami for help as well."
"I should be ok with rest, Mai-san, but if no other needs your attention I would not turn it down."
Utaku Nesrin wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:39 pm
That sensation of not knowing whether to laugh, cry, or punch your critically injured friend is a new one. Nesrin has almost decided that the punching can wait until after survival is assured when she hears Prashant's rapid footsteps in he mud.

She shifts out of the way, willing to assist where she can...which isn't much other than being another set of hands. "He'd better be OK. I do not want to be the one to tell Himeko otherwise!"

As he sits up she frowns at him, her concern coming through with half-hearted scolding. "next time, at least wet that scarf of yours for some protection. I know you've got better than hay between your ears, Ichiro-san!"
He nods, "If there was any hay it is long gone now, the fire saw to that." He runs a hand through the charred bristles that remained of his hair in patches, "But time was of the essence..." He looks around, "... and water was not so copious in its presence when I started."
Unicorn • Bushi • Experienced • Enlightened • Ascetic • Heroic Muse
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 5.2 • Infamy: 0.5 • Topaz Points: 229

Gear in Tsuma: Poorly sized purple and ivory utilitarian travelling clothes, charred gold scarf, daisho, jade
Outside Tusma: Unicorn riding horse, riding armor, scimitar, daisho, ono, han-kyu and arrows, jade
Description

Before the thunder can roar the lightning must strike

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:20 pm

Utaku Ichiro wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:35 pm
(Matches my math)

Ichiro could not help but groan even as the pain faded, "Nothing a little sleep can't fix up, I'm sure."

His skin was still red as if he had spent days in the sun and neither medicine nor magic could assist with the loss of his hair and the damage of his clothing but his movements were largely unhindered.

"Thank you Prash...san."
Prash nods to his friend, his brow uncreasing and his face turning into a relieved smile. "It's the least I could do, Ichiro-san. Thank you for your quick actions and courage. Now... get some rest, you need and deserve it. We'll see if there's more we can do..."
Mai wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:38 pm
Mai notices the downed Unicorn. Once Prash is finished, "Iuchi-san, you're skill is remarkable." Mai was impressed. She only learned a little mundane healing. But the other Unicorn was still pretty hurt, so she turned her attention. "Utaku-san, may I ask the kami for help as well."
The Unicorn nods to the Mantis. "I'm glad I could help at least, Mai-san. Although your magical healing skills are even more remarkable", he says, respectfully and with some admiration.
Utaku Nesrin wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:39 pm
That sensation of not knowing whether to laugh, cry, or punch your critically injured friend is a new one. Nesrin has almost decided that the punching can wait until after survival is assured when she hears Prashant's rapid footsteps in he mud.

She shifts out of the way, willing to assist where she can...which isn't much other than being another set of hands. "He'd better be OK. I do not want to be the one to tell Himeko otherwise!"

As he sits up she frowns at him, her concern coming through with half-hearted scolding. "next time, at least wet that scarf of yours for some protection. I know you've got better than hay between your ears, Ichiro-san!"
Prash nods a quick, but sincere "Doumo for the help, Nesrin-san". He says in a softer voice to her "Burn wounds are hard. He may have to deal with them for some time... but he'll be fine", he says nodding reassuringly.

After the moment of tension is relieved a bit, he then actually laughs a bit at Nesrin's scolding as they get up. "Eh... I hope there won't be a next time so soon, really." he turns to Ichiro "But actually, washamo Nesrin's idea is not so bad, you know!", he says, half serious, half tautingly.

Prash then sees that other of the people who were in the Inn also hurt around him, and hurries to help them too.

After helping a fair number of them, he gets up and goes check if there might still be others inside after Ichiro's heroic run. He takes a stone pendant from his amulet satchel, puts it on, and asks the Earth Spirits to keep him safe while he enters the crumbling building to look for other survivors.

After five quick, rushed trips to the inside of the building, he manages to bring outside quite a few other people who were still trapped inside, then finally stops as he notices fire catching to some of his own clothes and burning him.

He stops, getting some water again, and treating his few burns as well, before joining Nesrin and Ichiro again, contrlling his breathing and finally letting the situation sink in.

It was now clear the Poisoned Water Sake House would be no more. He wondered if there was any way in which they could help the poor innkeeper...

OOC

Day 5 EA - Fire! Healing wounds to Rescue people - TN 20. 4 Rolls: 4#6d10o10k5 56 32 30 25 - 4+6; 4+2; 4+2; 4 = 30 Rescue Points

Day 5 EA - Fire! Healing wounds to Rescue people - TN 20. Rolls 5-8: 4#6d10o10k5 34 20 25 36 - 4+2; 4; 4; 4+2 = 22 Rescue Points

Day 5 EA - Fire! Healing wounds to Rescue people - TN 20. Rolls 9-12: 6d10o10k5 41 - actually just roll #9 because I'm stupid - 4+4 = 8 Rescue Points

Day 5 EA - Fire! Healing wounds to Rescue people - TN 20. Rolls 10-12: 3#6d10o10k5 27 34 31 - 4; 4+2; 4+2 = 16 Rescue Points

Day 5 EA - Fire! Healing wounds to Rescue people - TN 20. Rolls 13-16: 4#6d10o10k5 33 23 16 29 4+2; 4; Failure 1; 4 = 14 Rescue Points

Day 5 EA - Fire! Healing wounds to Rescue people - TN 20. Rolls 17-20: 6d10o10k5 37 - 4+2 = 6 Rescue points, stupid again...

Day 5 EA - Fire! Healing wounds to Rescue people - TN 20. Rolls 18-20: 3#6d10o10k5 46 27 42 - 4+4; 4; 4+4 = 20 Rescue Points

Day 5 EA - Fire! Rescuing Trapped Citizens - Athletics/ Agi, TtVD Fire active. TN 20, 1 CR. Roll 1: 6d10o10k4 24 - 2 Rescue Points
Day 5 EA - Fire! - Damage for attempt #1: 1d10o10k1 1 -> 0 due to reduction if active for 4 turns/ rolls

Day 5 EA - Fire! Rescuing Trapped Citizens - Athletics/ Agi, TtVD Fire active. TN 20, 1 CR. Roll 2: 6d10o10k4 28 - 2 Rescue Points
Day 5 EA - Fire! - Damage for attempt #2: 1d10o10k1 4 -> 0 due to reduction if active for 4 turns/ rolls

Day 5 EA - Fire! Rescuing Trapped Citizens - Athletics/ Agi, TtVD Fire active. TN 20, 1 CR. Roll 3: 6d10o10k4 29 - 2 Rescue Points
Day 5 EA - Fire! - Damage for attempt #3: 1d10o10k1 4 -> 0 due to reduction if active for 4 turns/ rolls

Day 5 EA - Fire! Rescuing Trapped Citizens - Athletics/ Agi, TtVD Fire active. TN 20, 1 CR. Roll 4: 6d10o10k4 34 - 3 Rescue points
Day 5 EA - Fire! - Damage for attempt #4: 1d10o10k1 7 -> 0 due to reduction if active for 4 turns/ rolls; Would cease here if active for 4 rolls. If only active for 1 round, total damage so far would be 15 (4+4+7).

Day 5 EA - Fire! Rescuing Trapped Citizens - Athletics/ Agi, TtVD Fire active. TN 30, 3 CR. Roll 5, 1 VP for +1k1: 7d10o10k5 46 - 5 Rescue Points
Day 5 EA - Fire! - Damage for attempt #5: 1d10o10k1 9

Total damage would be 9 if Be the Mountain active for 4 rolls; or 24 if active for 1 roll only.

Day 5 EA - Fire! - Med/Int for Healing himself. 1 CR. TN 20: 6d10o10k5 24 -> Success even if at -3

Day 5 EA - Fire! - Wounds healed to himself: 2d10o10k1 5 -> So either 4 Wounds, or 19. Back at 'Healthy' one way or another.

Total: 116 Rescue Points from Healing; 14 Rescue Points from Rescuing Trapped Citizens; total 130 Rescue Points.
Should be at either 4 or 19 Wounds at the end depending on whether Be the Mountain is active for 1 or 4 rolls.
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:36 pm

"I swear I stopped when things looked under control!" But she looks at the water puddling and running in thin rivulets in the street "Maybe, sometimes, there's such a thing as too many heroes in one spot?"

She bows to Mai when she comes over, warming to her when she recognizes Prashant's skill. "We may need to warn your kinsman* off from bringing the rest of the river into town, Mai-san, since he's sure to try and help as well, and that may well put the town underwater for good."

And it's probably good that she was distracted thus as Prashant runs off on the same sort of errand that left Ichiro so crispy. Or she might have tried to grab him. As it was, she looks him over when he comes back, "It's sure the spirits have some fondness for you, you're barely singed."

*edit to note that she means Kokyou and not Hitoshi, just in case that wasn't obvious from context.
Unicorn Clan * Bushi * Battle Maiden * Honest and Fair * Hard to pronounce name
Honor: A Soul Above Question * Status: 1 * Glory: 3

Description

"Every day is a journey, and the journey itself home" -Bashō
Speaking Tegensai

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:33 pm

Yasuki Ginkarasu wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:59 pm
Ginkarasu splashes Wyn with some water. But really just because it's raining and he was all wet and muddy and already resting after having put in a bunch of quick work.
"Yasuki -sama, I could really go for some Mochi right now" Wyn smiles. not seeming to have minded the dousing.
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:27 pm

As the excitement of it all began to fade, Asahi began to look around. He was curious as to where and how the fire started. It would be difficult to find anything amid all of the damage, water and mud, but he still wanted to look.

- - -
(Day 5, EA) Fire!, Investigation (Search)/Perception, Kitsuki FR +1 CR to find more: 9d10ro1o10k4 32
Dragon ▪︎ Courtier ▪︎ Investigator ▪︎ Artisan ▪︎ Smith ▪︎ Unlucky
Status 1 ▪︎ Glory 1 ▪︎ Honor: Exceptional ▪︎ Topaz Points: 155

Carries: Wakizashi, Knife, Fan, Seal, Water

Ikoma Nijiro

Post by Ikoma Nijiro » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:41 pm

As the people were tended to, and it seems the city had been used by some to open a portal to the elemental plane of water, Nijiro left the area, content that for ill or well, the city was under the care of more capable hands.

/leave
Lion Clan * Courtier maybe something else?* Bland
Honor: Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points 104
Carries: Spices, Fan, Chopsticks, Sake Cup, Personal Chop, Small Hand Mirror
Wakizashi is in room, not an adult yet.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:49 pm

Kitsuki Asahi wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:27 pm
As the excitement of it all began to fade, Asahi began to look around. He was curious as to where and how the fire started. It would be difficult to find anything amid all of the damage, water and mud, but he still wanted to look.

- - -
(Day 5, EA) Fire!, Investigation (Search)/Perception, Kitsuki FR +1 CR to find more: 9d10ro1o10k4 32
It seems that bits and pieces of the Poisoned Water Sake House are what caused the fires, having landed in hay in different areas next to houses.
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:05 pm

His head throbbed slightly as he thought about the sake house. He doubted the tanuki were involved, but it was interesting that the debris had travelled so far. The Kitsuki felt compelled to look into it.

/exit
Dragon ▪︎ Courtier ▪︎ Investigator ▪︎ Artisan ▪︎ Smith ▪︎ Unlucky
Status 1 ▪︎ Glory 1 ▪︎ Honor: Exceptional ▪︎ Topaz Points: 155

Carries: Wakizashi, Knife, Fan, Seal, Water

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:16 pm

Miya Wyn wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:33 pm
"Yasuki -sama, I could really go for some Mochi right now" Wyn smiles. not seeming to have minded the dousing.
"That is an amazing idea, but sadly I have none." He slumps down. "I think the people of Tsuma are going to remember you."
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:21 pm

Yasuki Ginkarasu wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:16 pm

"That is an amazing idea, but sadly I have none." He slumps down. "I think the people of Tsuma are going to remember you."
Looking at how wet the streets are, "Maybe not for a good reason" He shakes his hand, "This is where Miya preparation comes in handy I guess."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:55 pm

A brief nod. "You saying every Miya could do that?"

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:36 am

Yasuki Ginkarasu wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:55 pm
A brief nod. "You saying every Miya could do that?"
"For the most part, there are as they say no Miya Heroes, but we do train for emergency assistance and disaster relief and we prepare extensive notes on how best to evacuate a city or provide disaster relief, here let me show you my notes I have made since arriving in Tsuma" He digs into his clothes and brings out several sheaf's of paper offering them.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:49 am

He moves closer to give them a look.

"What're all these symbols mean?"

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:58 am

"well this is the wind speed and direction based on time of day and prevailing weather patterns, this is the gradients of the roads, and the various building floors throughout the town, this one is the speed of the river and its water level at different spots around the town. With a combination of these you could predict the fastest easiest way to reroute water to any spot in the city."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:02 am

He nods a bit. "Oh! I get the road gradient thing. I'm trained to figure those angles by sight, and knowing which can be handled by a cart at what speed. Wind speed though...and river speed and levels? Wow, that's a lot of detail. That's really cool. Do you note down traffic flow at different times of the day as well?"

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:05 am

He points to page three of the map, "this view includes traffic flow, what is buying and selling for what prices, what natural resources are nearby and notes on local fashions and dialect"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:27 am

"I get some of those things...and I'm certain a bunch of my family would trade my left arm for this kind of information everywhere, but how do the notes on local fashion help?"

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:38 am

"Knowing what colors of silk are in style this season can help merchants, knowing what cuts of court kimono are in vogue can help diplomats to fit in better. There is nothing worse in crane lands then wearing last years kimono and having everyone so busy complaining about it they ignore your words"

Return to “Streets”