Event Continuation: Bar Fight: Downstairs, With Magistrate

Vutall

Re: Event Continuation: Bar Fight: Downstairs, With Magistrate

Post by Vutall » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:00 am

"Yes, and their seppuku shows they cared about their honor. Everyone said they attacked first, but tell me, who actually swung first?"
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:43 am

Ginkarasu speaks up. "They insulted me first. They drew their katana, while we could pick up fist or bench or bottle. They charged across the room, blades bared, threats voiced and displayed."

He looks the magistrates. "They displayed their intent first. A bunch of samurai against a bunch of unarmed kids that were warning them to go away, to leave. When they charged they got up to Moto Ichiro, Kakita Kenji, Kakita Kazuko, Kaiu Aiichiro. Who took the chance to stop them. Then the second wave charged, and all attacked me. Clearly they did not care about who attacked them, else why would they come at me who had not attacked? Their third wave attacked different people, including myself!"

Magistrate sincerity/awareness glory bonus: 5d10o10k4+1 35
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:01 am

"With all due respect, Seppun-Sama, they drew their weapons first, is that not a sign of aggressive intent? If we were to just walk away, what would have stopped them from attacking those who could not defend themselves? How would an experienced samurai like yourself handle such a situation?"

D4 LE: Lore:Law/Intelligence Is self defense a good excuse since they brought out swords before we pulled out improvised weapons: 4d10o10k3 18
D4 LE: Etiquette/Awareness Trying to ask a question to the Magistrates as respectfully as we can, Void Point Used: 8d10o10k5 35
Last edited by Kaito Haruki on Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:03 am

The Shugenja closes his eyes for a moment, focusing on his Air instead of his Fire as he hears the others' testimonies.

He then backs up the Shiba and the Yasuki, adding something else.

"As Yasuki-san and Shiba-san stated, they unsheathed their swords while we did not even have weapons and charged towards us. Some of us understood that as a clear sign of aggression, and fought with their fists or what they could get - but as some of us have mentioned, attempting to stop them so the fight could end without bloodshed. Despite the threat posed by unsheathed swords, my companions avoided using unnecessary strength, keeping the assailers alive... Until they actually used their swords... cutting Utaku Nesrin-san" - he points to her wound - "and myself" - he points to a cut on his chest - "and... nearly killing Kakita Kazuko-san".

He stops for a moment before speaking again, in a calm, but grave, serious voice which contrasts with his usual tone.

"As they clearly showed they would not refrain from killing, we found ourselves forced to defend us as best we could".

OOC
Day 4 LE - Reactivating TtVD as complex action while other speak. Raising Air. TN 20: 10d10o10k4 44

Day 4 LE - Bar Fight - Courtier/ Awa to convince magistrates. TtVD now for Air. VP for +1k1: 7d10o10k5 30

Day 4 LE - Bar Fight - Sincerity (Honesty)/Awa - My testimony is true. VP for +1k1: 6d10o10k5 26

(Aaaaand kinda shitty rolls... Lol)
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:27 am

Ichiro spoke up as they gave testimony "I threw the first punch Magistrate-sama. They drew swords and charged us, I was defending my life and the lives of those who stood next to me. If I should have waited until their blade was buried in me or one of my friends then I apologize." he said offering a bow

------------------------
D4 magistrate talk sincerity/awa: 4d10o10k3 20

D4 magistrate talk courtier/awa vp +1k1: 5d10o10k4 27 to avoid offense with pseudo sarcastic comment
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:32 am

Nesrin nods, backing up Ichiro's take on things. "I almost thought they were going to be sensible and just leave when their taunting couldn't draw any of us to attack them, and then they drew and charged. Maybe they were bluffing but it would have been cowardly for Moto-san to stand and wait until they struck someone." Her own injury has mostly stopped bleeding, which was good as far as not further messing up the inn. Her conviction in the truth of her words in unassailable.

"As others noted, they said that someone named Sugei would be pissed, then chose this path," she indicated the four who took their own lives, "rather than betray this Sugei. They understand Loyalty, but sorely lack for Courtesy, Courage, or Honor, or they'd not be attacking unarmed youth."

________
D4 LE Bar Fight: Telling the truth as she saw it. Sincerity (honesty)/Awa, Paragon: 8d10o10k5 56
Unicorn Clan * Bushi * Battle Maiden * Honest and Fair * Hard to pronounce name
Honor: A Soul Above Question * Status: 1 * Glory: 3

Description

"Every day is a journey, and the journey itself home" -Bashō
Speaking Tegensai

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:10 am

The Magistrates both nod, but say nothing for a few minutes.

"Very well"

The Doji finally breaks the silence.

"This is an unfortunate way for all of you to enter adulthood. Many lessons can be learned from this day, and I do hope you all take them to heart. You may all go, though I would suggest you allow the priests and Shugenja to conduct cleansing rituals. If we have any further need, we know where to find you, but this seems fairly well handled. These three.."

He glares at the unconscious ronin

"Will be dealt with, though there seems to be something greater at play. Anything you may find or stumble across, bring to us. Do not try to take justice into your own hands"

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:13 am

Many lessons indeed, like start wearing a sword since the Crane obviously can't keep the peace. Ichiro thought to himself as he wordlessly bowed to the magistrates.
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:20 am

Ginkarasu bows. "Thank you. If someone is found to have been behind their actions, and that someone has loyalty to a clan, may I ask if that clan would then be responsible for repairing or replacing the Poisoned Water Sake House?"
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:22 am

The Magistrate turns both his palms up to the sky and shrugs a little

"That is a matter for courts. Likely for now, the Poisoned Water will be closed. If the cleansing rituals can't be done in an adequate manner, there is a high likelihood that the building will need to be cleansed with fire."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:27 am

"Ah. Might I suggest that the alcohol be removed first, to prevent too large a fire?" He mimes the effect of a big explosion with his hands.

Ginkarasu bows a final time. Then moves to leave.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:34 am

"If it can be, though the it is not up to me to say what will need to be cleansed"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:53 am

At the door Ginkarasu bows again. "Thank you Doji-sama, Seppun-sama!"

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:35 am

"Thank you magistrate-samas." Haruki takes his leave to find the priests for cleansing.
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:59 pm

Nesrin bows in thanks and farewell to the magistrates as well. Eager to find some cleansing, both physical and spiritual.
Unicorn Clan * Bushi * Battle Maiden * Honest and Fair * Hard to pronounce name
Honor: A Soul Above Question * Status: 1 * Glory: 3

Description

"Every day is a journey, and the journey itself home" -Bashō
Speaking Tegensai

Return to “Poisoned Water Sake House”