Event Continuation: Bar Fight: Downstairs, With Magistrate

Vutall

Event Continuation: Bar Fight: Downstairs, With Magistrate

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:17 am

If you wish to interact with the Magistrates, please post in this thread.
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Re: Event Continuation: Bar Fight: Downstairs, With Magistrate

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:21 am

Ginkarasu is ready to talk to the Magistrates. It was obviously important that the truth be told.
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:24 am

Kokyou is waiting to be dismissed.
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:16 pm

Nesrin is planning to back up testimony to the magistrate.
Unicorn Clan * Bushi * Battle Maiden * Honest and Fair * Hard to pronounce name
Honor: A Soul Above Question * Status: 1 * Glory: 3

Description

"Every day is a journey, and the journey itself home" -Bashō
Speaking Tegensai

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:55 pm

Prash is also backing up the testimony. He's likely to say much the same he said to Mai in the original thread.
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:53 pm

After some time, the magistrate who left returns with a slew of people in tow. A few Hinin to handle the corpses, a number of priests, monks, and a Shugenja, as well as the current visiting Emerald Magistrate, a Seppun man who looks quite grumpy.

The two magistrate (Doji and Seppun) enter the Sake House, while the rest of the entourage waits outside.

"I am Doji Ranma, Crane Clan Magistrate, and this is Seppun Kyon, an Emerald Magistrate here to view the Topaz Championship. We will both take your testimonies now."

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:32 pm

Ichiro was there to provide his testimony as the prisoners seemed to be well in hand. He bowed to the magistrates "Doji-sama, Seppun-sama. My friends and fellow competitors were here just enjoying the evening when these ronin began to insult us and challenge us. We returned in kind and they seemed to not be able to handle it and drew their swords and attacked us. A brawl ensued they were bested after injuring one of our group. Some tried to flee when Luchi-san here blocked their escape. Then instead of be aprehended the ronin took their own lives rather than reveal their lords secrets. As they retreated one said "Sugai is gonna be pissed." We have not been able to ask the ones who are unconscious what they meant."

Ichiro delivered the report straight and factually with little emotion and to the best of his recollection.
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:50 pm

Kokyou bows low to the pleonasm of a grumpy Seppun archetype, and then nods to both the Crane and Ichiro, adding his part, "We exchanged some words that were not taken lightly. A dispute of mettle took part soon after. As they attacked with blades, some of those in our side, by the heat of the conflict, matched the lethality of the strikes as a self-defense in equal measure. I know nothing about their secrets. They did mention the name Sugai. They are ronin, that does not concern me. Now, the only thing I would add is that they were indeed fleeing from combat. There was no need to cause the additional damage by calling the kami to block the door with a... well, a boulder."
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:56 pm

"Doji-sama, Seppun-sama, this one will also deliver testimony" Kenji said as he bowed deeply before the Magistrates.

I'm Kakita Kenji. Together with my fellow competitors, we went to the sake house today to enjoy each others company. It was a beautiful and peaceful evening until these ronin entered the sake house to ask rudely for wine.
Shortly afterwards they began to insult us wildly, which we answered with courtesies on our own. It should be noted that the honorable Yasuki Ginkarasu-san tried to negotiate with them to be civilised and reminded the ronin of their place, which these brutes ignored and instead they pulled out their swords and threw themselves on us.
All this would be a far cry from the reason for this,... extreme bloodshed, but these,... Ronin almost killed Kakita Kazuko-san and sullied their steel in the blood of Iuchi Prashant-san and Utaku Nesrin-san.
We took this dishonorable act of almost killing children and Topaz candidates as an indicator to better defend ourselves and to answer the ronin with mercilessness.
After these cowards realized that we were superior to them, they tried to escape, but it seems that the Kami tried to save their honor and blocked their escape route.
Whoever they meant by "Sugai" must be held responsible for the action of these,... ...Ronin. These four....

Kenji pointed at the four beheaded corpses.

"Didn't want to stain their honor any further and took the honorable way. To honor their dedication, we have granted them the service of the Second."

He then took a deep breath in and out.

"I would also like to request something: Would it be possible to get a servant to bring us fresh clothes and a wash tub? I'd hate to keep walking around in a bloody kimono, and I'd like to clean myself. I think the same goes for my comrades. Kakita Kazuko-san and I reside at the academy, the servants there can surely hand out fresh change clothes. My comrades should all be accommodated in the Laughing Carp."

He bowed deeply again.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:20 pm

After listening to the testimonies, both Magistrates look at each other with concern.

"Sugai, you said? As in, the runner up to last years Topaz Championship? Bayushi Sugai?"

Hearing Kenji's request, one of the Heimim present nods to him and heads off in the direction of the Inn to fetch the requested things.

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:26 pm

Kokyou shrugs. He doesn't recall a Bayushi Sugai. He had only eyes for the beautiful and dreamy Utaku-sensei... and then Toshimoko. Go figure.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:39 pm

"Same personal name, though I do not recollect them saying Bayushi, magistrates-samas. I would also testify that Mai-sama arrived as the Ronin attempted to flee, providing healing for those injured. She is a shugenja of mich power." He bows deeply. "She was not part of any of the violence. Also, my own training led me to attempt to get them to leave before violence occurred. Some seemed to doubt themselves, while one or two others gave a look of urging themselves onwards. I believe they were attempting to get us to start a fight; but failing that a third of their group drew blades and charged us after having told us that we'd like the taste of steel."

Ginkarasu. "I already know I don't like that taste sama. They were badly rude, highly aggressive, and I am worried that they have destroyed a place that tradition holds as part of the Topaz Championship."
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:43 pm

Praising Mai like that does raise a perhaps jealous eyebrow up at the Yasuki from Kokyou. It might have been about other topic, though.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:45 pm

Vutall wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:20 pm
"Doji-sama, Seppun-sama, nobody here has heard the name of the Scorpion family. However, some Ronin survived the fight, should you..." Kenji pondered.

"Should you get more delicate witness statements from them, let's make sure the matter is dealt with according to their delicacy"

Kenji made a gesture with his eyes on the servants who were scurrying around everywhere.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:53 pm

He tried to avoid it during the Hirosaka training. Now, though, side-by-side and finally noticing Ginkarasu up close by having called Mai, Kokyou wrinkles his nose as he continues to look at... the over growing deformity.

Definitely a bad sign. Maybe it's an oni trapped in his mouth.

Trying to control himself not to wince in disgust, he steels up and opens a fan to cover his eyes from whatever face the Yasuki could show.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:58 pm

The magistrates nod and look at the tied up Ronin.

"We will handle it from here. You have my thanks. Hopefully we can sanctify and repair the Poisoned Water, but it looks as if there is quite a bit od damage to the structural supports, the boulder..."

There is a bit of a glare at the word Boulder

"Having crashed through the front door and all"

"Unless you all have anything else you require of us, we have much work to do now."

The Doji motions at the priests, hinin, and shugenja waiting outside to have them come in and begin preparations.

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:00 pm

Finally, he breathes. With another series of bows, he takes his leave.

--
D4, LE, Etiquette/Awareness (Not to show offense): 6d10o10k5-9 26 - Trying not to be a jerk.
/Exit if not stopped

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:46 pm

Nesrin provides very similar testimony to the rest, noting the less serious injuries as incidental damage for completeness of reporting.

She bristles a bit at the glare regarding the boulder. "The stone kept them from getting away in the darkness. Spirits do not always act with precision."

"Still, this place has been around for so long. I'd offer some of my stipend if it helps to repair the damage."
Unicorn Clan * Bushi * Battle Maiden * Honest and Fair * Hard to pronounce name
Honor: A Soul Above Question * Status: 1 * Glory: 3

Description

"Every day is a journey, and the journey itself home" -Bashō
Speaking Tegensai

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:23 pm

Prashant's testimony is much the same as the others.

He feels somewhat dispirited as the magistrates mention the structural damage due to the boulder, and nods at Nesrin when she defends him, his eyes and a slight smile on his lips clearly showing he is thankful for her words.

He bows to the magistrates: "I apologise for the trouble, Doji-sama-tachi. As things happened I felt it was the best way to avoid them escaping - or the fighting moving outside and needlessly endangering others"

He nods at Nesrin again. "I would like to offer my help for cleansing rituals, for the rebuilding work, or however else I may be of use to repair the damage I have caused", he says, bowing again.
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:35 pm

Vutall wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:58 pm
The ronin are medically stable, unable to reach their weapons, and are all unconscious. They seem, at first glance, to be a typical ronin, but upon closer inspection, it is merely a disguise. Their clothing is much to fine for a normal ronin to wear, their swords in better condition. They have no mons or identifying marks, but one could surmise that these are a more underhanded group of people in employ of someone instead of just typical wavemen.
Haruki takes this information and goes to find the Magistrates, getting ready to present his findings. "Seppun-Sama, upon closer inspection of their clothes, I have come to the conclusion that these "ronin" weren't ronin after all. They are too well fed, their swords are in pristine condition, and their clothes are well made and clean."
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Return to “Poisoned Water Sake House”