D4 LA - Tea in the Drawing Room

Miya Wyn

D4 LA - Tea in the Drawing Room

Post by Miya Wyn » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:50 am

D4 LA Cartography R! Tech TN 20: 8d10o10k3+5 47

Wyn is set up in the common room of the tea house having some tea and working on some sketches, quietly at a nice corner table.
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy
Dojo Points: 104 | Status 1.5 | Glory 6.0 | Honor: Above Question
| Topaz Points: 166
Equipment: Kimono, Ink Brush Kit, Journal, Several Scrolls

Akodo Kichiro

Re: D4 LA - Tea in the Drawing Room

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:26 am

Across the common room sat alone the young lion Kichiro. Eyes closed his thoughts focused totally inward. No notice given to the cup of tea that has long lost its rising steam and gone totally cold. A deep exhale, Kichiro's eyes crack open. Another day of successful tastes brings him that much closer to leaving this place and facing the life of an adult samurai. He's going to miss the simplicity of this tournament.

Mind finally in the present, Kichiro glaces around the common room and spots Miya Wyn in the opposite corner. A fellow competitor and an imperial as well. Gathering himself and his cup, he leaves his table to approach Wyn's. "Would company disturb your work Miya-sama?" Kichiro asks and bows deeply to the imperial.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Akodo Commander • Tactician
Honor: Exceptional - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points 299 (Please donate a TP point to the needy)

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:09 pm

"Not at all Akodo san, please join me" He waves to an empty spot at the table.
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:22 am

Kichiro takes his seat and takes a sip of his tea. A brief shock at how cold it was before he sits it down.

He takes a long moment observing Wyn's work. Lines crossing parchment first unrecognizable then coming together into familiar geographical shapes. "An artist's interpretation or an acedmic calculation? I am unfamiliar with your creative process. Only the final result in regards to territorial control." Kichiro asks curiously about Wyn's art. Unsure if inspired from a bird's eye view atop mountains or if there is a deeper process at play.
Last edited by Akodo Kichiro on Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Honor: Exceptional - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points 299 (Please donate a TP point to the needy)

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:44 am

"Art and Academics can be one in the same, no? Things can be beautiful and still have function"

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:48 am

"Without a doubt Miya-sama. What I meant was how does one go about gathering that information? An artist observing from mountain side view? A collection of geographical studies passed down through the generations?"

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:38 am

"Miya Cartographers collect all the information themselves, from personal observation. I spent the last two days, in my free time, exploring the city, judging weather patterns and road gradients, the tilt of the dojo floor and the percentage of water kami in the air, to prepare these findings."

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:57 am

"A labor of passion or the burden of duty?" Kichiro finishes his cup of tea. "Seems like extremely rigorous work."

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:19 pm

"It is the Miya Technique, that which I have been trained in, that which I am to prove myself proficient in as part of this contest"

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:37 pm

Kichiro simply enjoys his tea and continues observing. A pause before his questioning becomes relentless.

Return to “The House of the Red Lotus”