(D3 EM) Washing Away Yesterday

Kuni Yotsuo

Re: (D3 EM) Washing Away Yesterday

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:21 am

"It is basically a necessity for me in particular. Traveling between the spirit realms will likely call upon skills and experience that most Kuni will simply never need for their duties," he says with a shrug. "Living without a specific duty to fulfill though... that is a difficult position to be in. Are you also seeking to find a home among the clans with your participation here being a display of value that you can bring to them? Or are you more hoping to find connections to facilitate individual duties in the future and wish to remain ronin?"
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:54 am

That troubled, thoughtful look hard hardly left when it returned again. There was another moment of prolonged silence before Mirai spoke up softly. ">...I am unsure. I am not a woman that is attached to the road and travel, and the chance to live a life with more purpose and duty is certainly appealing. At the same time... I have... seen how some lords are, how some treat those beneath them, samurai and peasant alike. I do not wish to become caught in the snare of such a lord, to have my own judgement be beholden to someone I could never stand."
Ronin | Bushi | Duelist | Versatile | Odd
Carries: Daishi, Ashigaru Armor, Travelling Pack

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:01 pm

"A frightful consideration for anyone, I imagine. Plenty of folks likely marry into that kind of uncertainty. But in your case, it is your soul, your sword and your choice whether you will devote your life to another. This is an opportunity to learn about those that might be kinder and kor generous, in either of those cases."
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:26 pm

"I suppose I can only hope that things work out. Perhaps that's why I'm here," she missed with a shrug.

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:14 pm

"I hope they work out well for you too. If I can provide any assistance I can try to help. I'm here every morning."

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:31 am

Mirai shook her head softly. "No no, I could not bother you so. Arigato all the same, for the offer."

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:47 am

"It is certainly no bother. If it were I would not have made the offer. It is far more likely that I would be incapable of helping, but certainly not unwilling."

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:13 am

"I have no doubt as to your sincerity Kuni-sama, but I am used to working out my own troubles. Still, if anything changes in the future, I will certainly let your offer come to mind." A pause. "And if you needed help as well, I'm always willing to lend an ear."

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:11 pm

"I appreciate that, Mirai-san," he says with a small smile. "I've enjoyed our conversation. It's always nice to have pleasant company in a lovely setting such as this place."

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:03 am

She nodded before giving a slight bow. "You're not a bad conversationalist for a Kuni, Kuni-sama. Most of my time spent among members of your family involved a lot of gruff silence. I will have to appreciate our next chance to converse."

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:48 pm

He returned the bow. "Don't let their demeanor fool you... They're really much grumpier than they seem. They're just trying to be polite," he says with a chuckle. "Until next time, walk in the light of Amaterasu."

Return to “Temple to Amaterasu”