(Day 4, EE) Outside Bayushi Kaidan's room

Individual Rooms for Guests
Vutall

Re: (Day 4, EE) Outside Bayushi Kaidan's room

Post by Vutall » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:40 am

This event is now closed!

All frogs have been "rescued" (To be sold later for delicious frog legs)

----------
The merchant bows to all of the students as they gather his frogs, grimacing slightly at the squished ones, but not raising any issue over it. After all, a few dead ones are an acceptable loss.
All participants that caught a frog gain the following advantage, as well as 0.2 glory as the Merchant sings your praises!

Inheritance: Frog Catching Gear.
-adds +1k1 to Hunting (Trapping) when used to hunt frogs
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:52 am

While Nobuko is happy to have saved so many of the frogs, she still felt very bad about the one she hand killed and the loss of the others. With a focused effort, she began pushing frog bodies into a stray basket.
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:53 am

(Am I able to salvage them and make something out of the dead frogs?)
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:04 am

Kaito Haruki wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:53 am
(Am I able to salvage them and make something out of the dead frogs?)
(He will have to take some before Nobuko gets to them. She's going to insist on a funeral.)
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:08 am

(Investigation/Perception roll to figure out which ones are still in good enough condition to be butchered and cooked)

D4 EE: Investigation/Perception, which of these dead frogs are salvagable: 7d10o10k4 26
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:11 am

Nesrin will assist in gathering the poor squished creatures, flipping them toward the basket (or other receptacle) with her stick. And...that one was just squashed and its tongue is out and...huh, they you never get to see their tongues still like that, it really is long. She pauses, examining the squashed frog for a moment.

(ooc, in my head, I'd been picturing the little tree frogs again and wondered what in the world you were going to make with them besides pressed frog art. Frog leg sized frogs makes so much more sense)
Unicorn Clan * Bushi * Battle Maiden * Honest and Fair * Hard to pronounce name
Honor: A Soul Above Question * Status: 1 * Glory: 3

Description

"Every day is a journey, and the journey itself home" -Bashō
Speaking Tegensai

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:13 am

He notices what Nobuko is doing and helps to clear the inn out of dead frogs using his war fan to pick them up. "Otomo-sama, if you wish, you can have my tessen and my knife not to come in contact with those creatures."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:14 am

Kaidan composed himself now that the frogs are gone. Damned frogs... He let go of his kitten as he straiten himself. He stepped out of his room like nothing happened carrying his pet. He looked at the merchant patron. "Daikoku favors mice..." He walked to the common room to center himself.
He petted his cat like an evil villain.

//PM if approached.
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:16 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:13 am
He notices what Nobuko is doing and helps to clear the inn out of dead frogs using his war fan to pick them up. "Otomo-sama, if you wish, you can have my tessen and my knife not to come in contact with those creatures."
"Ah, thank you Aiichiro-san!" she said, grateful. "The knife will be fine. We just need to get them gathered together so they are safe for the hinin to pick up after they are sent for."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:19 am

A little surprised why they didn't let the servants do this, Kenji also started picking up some of the dead frogs. He took the thing the merchant had given him in his hand and scooped up the dead amphibians.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:31 am

He gave her the best tessen and his tanto, himself collecting with his old war fan and the small knife.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:11 am

"I was kind of hopping to keep the one I caught." Asahi sighed and helped pick up any remaining dead frogs.
Dragon ▪︎ Courtier ▪︎ Investigator ▪︎ Artisan ▪︎ Smith ▪︎ Unlucky
Status 1 ▪︎ Glory 1 ▪︎ Honor: Exceptional ▪︎ Topaz Points: 155

Carries: Wakizashi, Knife, Fan, Seal, Water

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:20 am

"Perhaps you should ask the merchant if you can," Nobuko said to Asahi. There should be no reason something could be worked out for that.

To Aiichiro, she murmured, "Do you know if frogs have funeral practices? I was thinking we could give them a proper pyre, but I am uncertain what other rites would be appropriate for their kind."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:37 am

"Most animals don't hold funerals. Some birds like ravens reunite alongside one of their own when they die to analyze what killed them and spiders are eaten by their offspring. That's the closest I can think of. I believe we can cook those, frog legs aren't so bad."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:56 am

Kaito Haruki wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:08 am
(Investigation/Perception roll to figure out which ones are still in good enough condition to be butchered and cooked)

D4 EE: Investigation/Perception, which of these dead frogs are salvagable: 7d10o10k4 26
Half of the dead frogs are the right size for cooking legs out of.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:00 am

"Looks like half of these guys have legs big enough to eat, want me to make something with them? Wouldn't want to waste any of a lord's resources if we can help it."

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:03 am

Kaito Haruki wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:00 am
"Looks like half of these guys have legs big enough to eat, want me to make something with them? Wouldn't want to waste any of a lord's resources if we can help it."
"Wow, count me in! I'll definitely help if it means tasting your frog legs again!"
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:04 am

Kakita Kazuko wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:03 am
Kaito Haruki wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:00 am
"Wow, count me in! I'll definitely help if it means tasting your frog legs again!"
Kenji could not resist laughing, it just sounded wrong
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:19 am

"Excuse me." Asahi approached the merchant. "Is there a way I might keep the one I caught?"
Dragon ▪︎ Courtier ▪︎ Investigator ▪︎ Artisan ▪︎ Smith ▪︎ Unlucky
Status 1 ▪︎ Glory 1 ▪︎ Honor: Exceptional ▪︎ Topaz Points: 155

Carries: Wakizashi, Knife, Fan, Seal, Water

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:21 am

The merchant looks to Asahi and nods.

"Please, be my guest and take your pick!"

Return to “Private Rooms”