(Day 4, LE) Bar Fight! ((Content Warning: Death, Ritual Suicide))

Vutall

(Day 4, LE) Bar Fight! ((Content Warning: Death, Ritual Suicide))

Post by Vutall » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:26 am

((This event is unlimited, but for every participant after 6, an additional ronin will be added to the enemy group. The event starts as roleplay, but will move to combat))

You don’t remember choosing to visit the Poisoned Water Sake House, but here you are nonetheless, carried there by a loud and triumphant crowd of your fellow contestants. Most of the other contestants are drinking nearby, save only Hitoshi, who sits sullenly near one wall and refuses to engage in your merriment. Notably, Bayushi Mei Lin is absent from the group.

Drinks are served to each table, a special brew made just for this occasion, which is much weaker than normal sake s it is to be served to the participants. It seems this is a tradition that has carried on for every Topaz Championship, and the owner of the Sake House is quite cheerful for the event as it is sure to be profitable for them.

After an hour or so, your revelry is interrupted by the arrival of a group of poorly dressed ruffians with swords—rōnin, no doubt. These master-less samurai demand wine, and as they rudely take their seats, and then before even taking their first drink, they begin to lob insults at the contestants!
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Re: (Day 4, LE) Bar Fight!

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:50 pm

Ginkarasu was really confused about being here, but after that sake the previous night and considering it was tradition that the owner had cheerfully made for competitors he didn't try and weasel his way out of the place either.
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Utaku Ichiro

Post by Utaku Ichiro » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:54 pm

It seemed to be becoming tradition for Ichiro to celebrate the events of the day at the sake house though never to the point of excess after the encounter with the Tanuki. As such he doesn't fight the flow of those carrying him there yet again.

As the ronin enter Ichiro pays no heed, though they may not bear the status of Clan samurai any honorable soul deserves a good drink. However as their behavior begins to prove they are no such thing he bristles.
Unicorn • Bushi • Experienced • Enlightened • Ascetic • Heroic Muse
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 5.2 • Infamy: 0.5 • Topaz Points: 229

Gear in Tsuma: Poorly sized purple and ivory utilitarian travelling clothes, charred gold scarf, daisho, jade
Outside Tusma: Unicorn riding horse, riding armor, scimitar, daisho, ono, han-kyu and arrows, jade
Description

Before the thunder can roar the lightning must strike

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:07 pm

Prashant had been meaning to pay at least one visit to the Sake House, so when others mention the tradition and head there, he happily goes along.

As it is a tradition, he will have had one or three drinks at least by the time the Ronin enter. Much as Ichiro, he doesn't mind sharing the place with Ronin - nothing wrong with wanting a drink and some time to relax.

But when they start getting rude and tempers start flaring, he sighs, focusing on his breathing for a moment, then keeps quiet, but paying attention to their - and the other contestants' - actions. If things got rougher, he might have to help in some way...

OOC
Day 4 LE - Bar Fight! - Meditation/ Void to activate TtVD, raising Fire. TN 20: 10d10o10k4 39
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:32 pm

((This event is still open for more persons to join, just posting to advance it a little for those already in it))

One of the ronin looks at Ginkarasu ans sneers.

"I wasn’t aware that the Crab were recruiting ogres to their ranks. Or is it possible that you are a troll?"

The group begins to chuckle, and one of them speaks up loudly, looking at the Unicorn participants.

"Friends, be sure to speak more clearly, so that the gaijin can understand"

Utaku Ichiro

Post by Utaku Ichiro » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:36 pm

Ichiro keeps his grace and calm, though that does not mean he will allow such behavior to stand.

"I would think long and hard of who you mock this day, wave men, you have fallen far but there is much further yet to fall in the next life. Do not rush foolhardily towards it."

(Brash passed)
Unicorn • Bushi • Experienced • Enlightened • Ascetic • Heroic Muse
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 5.2 • Infamy: 0.5 • Topaz Points: 229

Gear in Tsuma: Poorly sized purple and ivory utilitarian travelling clothes, charred gold scarf, daisho, jade
Outside Tusma: Unicorn riding horse, riding armor, scimitar, daisho, ono, han-kyu and arrows, jade
Description

Before the thunder can roar the lightning must strike

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:41 pm

Nesrin has joined her fellow Unicorn in celebration, not exactly enjoying the weak brew, but willing to accept the tradition as they talk about the days successes...and embarrassments. But the rude addition of trash talking ronin isn't a tradition she's aware of needing to endure.

"I've notice you've a clever and civil tongue in any language," she says loudly, to her Prashant. "That's better than I can say about some dogs who can't keep from barking." She's far less concerned with their next lives than Ichiro. But then she suspects his time with the Dragon has given him a greater appreciation for such things.
Unicorn Clan * Bushi * Battle Maiden * Honest and Fair * Hard to pronounce name
Honor: A Soul Above Question * Status: 1 * Glory: 3

Description

"Every day is a journey, and the journey itself home" -Bashō
Speaking Tegensai

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:51 pm

Ginkarasu laughs. "Is that your best insult? I've been insulted better by 4 year-olds who were half-asleep!"

He waves them on. "Come on! Keep it coming! What're you going to say, that white should've been a hint that my parents should've drowned me? That I'd look better if I cut off half my face?"

He shakes his head. "C'mon, at least add to my collection of insults received!"
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:04 pm

The men all take drinks again and mumble to themselves for a moment before one speaks up in response to both the Unicorn and to Ginkarasu.

"Little Crab, to have you drown or cut half of your face off would deprive the world of such a comedic relief."

Then, turning to Nesrin:

"I thought Battle Maidens were said to be the most beautiful and upstanding samurai in all of Rokugan, giving even Lady Doji-no-Kami pause?"

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:08 pm

Well that was direct. "I'd never place myself so high as to rival a Kami. If you expected such, that's nothing to me." Her drink is on the table, leaving her hands free as she watches the group who seem to be spoiling for some kind of fight.
Unicorn Clan * Bushi * Battle Maiden * Honest and Fair * Hard to pronounce name
Honor: A Soul Above Question * Status: 1 * Glory: 3

Description

"Every day is a journey, and the journey itself home" -Bashō
Speaking Tegensai

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:23 pm

"If I'm comedic relief, I sure wish I knew what passed for comedy where you grew up. They need lessons something fierce! I could recommend some blind, mute monks as sensei." He laughs.

"You could say I must have been standing too close to a painter, and they tried improving my face." He shakes his head. "Or that a seagull must've been flying nearby and blessed me."

A laugh. "Oh heck, even that I'll always know it's really me in the mirror, no ghost would want to look like that!"

He looks over the crowd. "How many more examples would you like?"

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:36 pm

A flash of anger crosses the insulters face when another one of the group pipes up.

"What is this, fine clothes, but no swords? Are you samurai, or merchants? Oh, I heard Tsuma has a lot of rice fields, perhaps you are farmers. Shouldn't you be getting back to tend your crop?"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:52 pm

"How brave. Insulting kids." He shakes his head. "Or are you just near-sighted and think I'm a short farmer? When people tell you to pick on someone your own size, did you think that meant someone as tall as your courage? Cause I admit, I'm pretty short for a Crab, which is a pity when you have this much face for people to look at."

D4 LE: Intimidate Some Bullies: 9d10o10k4+5 48

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:03 pm

Kazuko is enjoying the debauchery with her fellow friends when she spots out Hitoshi all by his lonesome. Once again, she's reminded of the words of the Emerald Champion but she ignores it and drinks it away. She was only ordered to help him pass, not to keep him from sulking after all. It's up to him to act if he wants to join in. However, every time she finds herself glancing at Hitoshi's pathetically sullen figure, the disappointed figure of Doji Satsume pops into her head and she feels a pang of guilt. Wait, why is she feeling guilty, it's his own fault he's so arrogant and has no friends! Holding back a sigh, she realizes she won't be able to properly enjoy herself if she doesn't at least make the attempt to engage with Hitoshi. She'd better get bonus spirit points for this. Kharma. Whatever.

"Hitoshi, stop pouting and come celebrate with us! You have enough points to join in on the Iaijutsu duels, there's no point not to celebrate!"
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:06 pm

When the Unicorn celebrated they celebrated together. Ichiro joined his fellows at the table and the large usually quiet boy was a little louder in the company of his clanmates. He endured the talk of the ronin for a short time trying to not escalate the situation.

"Come friends let us ignore those either too poorly skilled or without the conviction to be full samurai." he released a full belly laugh "Utaku-san is twice as beautiful as any woman who will even think about enduring your coarse attitudes longer than an introduction and Yasuki-san is more of a samurai before his gempukku than all of you put together."
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:34 pm

Kenji was there, too, mostly because he had a night walk with Kazuko and now somehow ended up here, but that doesn't matter to him. What did bother him was that these dirty ronin insulted his friend.

"Someone who walks around dressed in rice sacks and carrying rusty toothpicks can hardly call himself a ronin, or do we suddenly have the barn keepers here by chance?" he chanted to the mob.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:48 pm

Kokyou finally arrives after taking a break to return some of the water element he infused himself with previously. Noticing the ronin and his dojo mates exchanging pleasantries, he smiles brightly. Tsuma wasn't that bad after all.

He takes a seat near Hitoshi, fills up his sake cup and watches the scene unfold.
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:55 pm

Hitoshi gives a nod at Kokyou and eyes the ronin, trying to ask a question to him without actually saying anything. In his focus, he missed the words directed at him from Kazuko.

At the new voices, the Ronin speak up:

At the Crane: "Have you heard the true reason Lady Doji chose the crane as her symbol? It was because of her enormous beak!"

Boughts of laughter and more guzzling of drinks.

At the Mantis:

"What a motley assortment. These must be the ugly children, the ones the clans marry away as soon as they can."

In response to Ginkarasu's strong words however, they go quiet for a few moments, shifting uncomfortably. ((Intimidated into silence for a little while))

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:13 pm

Kokyou nods back to Hitoshi in their pirate lingo and looks to the sake bottle in his hand with a sly smile. Lifting himself up, he says to the ronin with a loud mouth, "Ye're as smart as a barrel of bilge. Couldn't even find the pointy end of yer sword, eh! Ye ghastly, flea-bitten, slack-jawed, poxy mongrels! Hoist yer colors!"

Kokyou starts to cackle, "Ha-har, ye don't even 'ave one."
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:17 pm

At the taunt from Kokyou, one of the Ronin stands up angrily, knocking over a glass of the rice wine they are drinking, his hand going for his katana, though he hesitates for a moment...

((Combat is about to begin! with 9 participants, there are 9 ronin. Players pay still join this thread, adding an additional ronin for each new player. When the combat begins properly, no new players may join))

Return to “Poisoned Water Sake House”