(D3, LE) A Cupful of Raccoon

Individual Rooms for Guests
Yasuki Ginkarasu

Re: (D3, LE) A Cupful of Raccoon

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:11 am

"Soooooo...." He looks at the sake bottle. "You've okayed it with Toritaka-san already?"
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:37 am

"Oh, no. But a lot of competitors today got poisoned at the inn. You could go alongside them to seek healing tomorrow. I just thought you would want to drink a bottle maybe harmlessly. But if you don't, fine, just call over a heimin."
(OOC: If Vutall isn't overloaded, we could ask for the Yasuki to spawn)
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:39 am

He frowns. "It..it's not right to have someone else do it. Pour me a cup. We'll either waste sake or I'll get drunk. And then we'll have all the Yasuki at the Topaz Championship's get drunk and the Crane'll have another reason to hate us."

"Most likely you're right though! It'll work and I'll have been worried for no reason." He looks to the table.
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:03 pm

"I will just do as Yotsuo-sama said then, and move myself to the Kuni lands to get near the researchers." He sighs. "If I knew it would work I would let you do it now. But I don't, and that's why I'm testing. It's nothing urgent anyway, I just got curious."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:13 pm

He grabs the sake bottle and guesses that the one cup on the table is the one Aiichiro means.

Then pours himself a cup.

"I've got enough doubt for both of us."

He sets the bottle down. "But you're getting the next bottle."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:22 pm

"I was thinking in testing later variations of this. Like pouring something into the cup, at other cup and then drinking. Or if it works if someone handles me the cup, or if I handle the cup for someone, or if I use something else to handle the cup, or if I handle it with gloves. Or if I put it into my mouth, spit and drink again. Depending on previous results, handling the spitted version to someone else."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:24 pm

"I am not drinking your spit. You're already making me pour for myself." He grumps, and takes a drink.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:27 pm

"I won't need it if it works when you put it into another cup. It's to see if it processes it as being already drunken."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:33 pm

He waves a hand. Sets down the cup.

Picks up bottle, pours again.

"Yes, yes, you're very smart. You're still letting me pour for myself. Probably it'll saves lives and everything."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:41 pm

He picks up some blank paper he saved for the architecture projects and started to write down this little research of his, humming a soft tone.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:46 pm

Ginkarasu sighs, then drinks this cupful.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:54 pm

He finishes the part he could do for now of the writing, stopping humming until the room was filled with silence. He let it linger for a while before giving Ginkarasu two shoulder pats.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:57 pm

He simply nods, picks up the bottle, and pours for himself again.

(OoC: I don't know what happens.)

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:59 pm

He just observes Ginkarasu.
(OOC: The item description says "the person who uses the item" without specifying who and has no bonding mechanics, so Ginkarasu will be fine)
Last edited by Kaiu Aiichiro on Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:04 am

"Is it more likely that they gave me weak sake or that your cup works?" Ginkarasu asks after drinking the cup.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:21 am

"I know it works. I just didn't knew if it worked on you." He replies. "I was thinking in repeating it also when I'm away, because maybe this counts as drinking with me. Or with opium, although I was thinking on testing substances with the Kuni. So then I would need to find an opium addict because opium is too risky."
He looks at the bottle and takes it on his hand to look inside. Empty at least.
"Honestly, many of my questions will be answered when we visit a shugenja. I hope all of them."

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:13 am

Yotsu observes, and nods with Aiichiro's last statement. "That is the best way to get to the heart of the matter in such cases."
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:41 pm

He nods. "And if it purifies any consumable that goes in it? It could become a Hiruma's best friend in the southern lands."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:51 pm

"That's exactly why we want to get it tested, although I can't gift it away. I'm going to request being moved to the Kuni lands."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:55 pm

He nods, sitting upright a bit more. "Wow. I take back any complaining, other then not wanting to drink your spit. I reserve the right to complain about that."

Return to “Private Rooms”