D3 LE Kitty training, Inari shrine

Bayushi Kaidan

D3 LE Kitty training, Inari shrine

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:54 pm

Bayushi Kaidan and his new companion seemed to be starting some training. He seemed to this day be one with the realm of Chikuchudo. The horse liked him and this kitty is such sweet thing. Still, she was an enemy of the messagers of Daikoku but such cute face. But she will have to learn her name and to follow him. "Ninya... come..." He really doesn't know anything about cats.

//D3 LE Animal Handling AWA untrained teaching Ninya: 4d10k4 13
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Matsu Qiang

Re: D3 LE Kitty training, Inari shrine

Post by Matsu Qiang » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:38 am

“Cute kitten,” came a young man’s voice from the temple entrance. There, Matsu Qiang stood framed in the archway.

“Konbanwa, Bayushi-san,” he said, bowing politely. “Does she really come when called?”
Lion Clan • Competitor • Crab Hands • Strong • Betrothed
Status 1.0 • Glory 5.3 • Exceptional Honor

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:14 am

"Konbanwa Matsu san... not yet I just found her yesterday and trying to acclimate her to her new life." He nodded. "I came here to see if a fortune would give me guidance to what to do with her."
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1

Matsu Qiang

Post by Matsu Qiang » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:24 am

"You found her, eh?" Qiang said with a small smile. "Pardon me for saying, but it looks to me like maybe she has found you. Perhaps the Fortunes are giving her guidance on what to do with you, hmmm?"

Ide Hazrat

Post by Ide Hazrat » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:08 pm

Although he is about to leave the temple complex, Hazrat cannot resist investigating when he hears the sounds of a cat at play. He crouches down some distance away, making a beckoning motion towards the animal to call it over to him. "Hello, Little Muul-chan. Stardenburdenhardenbart."

Awareness / Animal Handling: 37

Noticing Kaidan and Qiang, he gives a bow while continuing to scratch around the cat's ears. "I'm sorry to intrude, but this is one of the most splendid cats I have seen in some time and I could not resist. What is her name?"
Unicorn • Priest • Prodigy • Sage • Traveler • Exotic • Gullible • Lucky * Out Sick
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1 • Glory: 1 • Topaz Points: 80 • Profile
Gear: Unfashionable robes, Turban, Wakizashi, Scimitar, Lucky charm, Journal
Combat: Light Armor, Scimitar, Wakizashi
Speaking in Ujik
"If you are afraid, don't do it. If you do it, don’t be afraid."

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:16 pm

Kaidan blinked a few times at both the Matsu and the strange Unicorn. "I... don't know Matsu san." The he turned to the Ide. "Ninya... is what I call her."

Matsu Qiang

Post by Matsu Qiang » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:19 pm

"Ninya seems a fine animal," Qiang said politely. "She's lucky to have found someone as dutiful as yourself to care for her."

Ide Hazrat

Post by Ide Hazrat » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:09 am

Hazrat nods in agreement. "Oh, yes, a very fine animal. She could be a hunter or guardian for your home. Even as young as she is, she is clearly a very clever cat."
Unicorn • Priest • Prodigy • Sage • Traveler • Exotic • Gullible • Lucky * Out Sick
Speaking in Ujik

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:45 am

"Is there anything I should know? I am new to this and you seem knowledgeable Unicorn san." He bowed. He looked at the Matsu. "I don't know if dutiful will be the right word."

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:03 am

"MATSU-SAN!" Rings out from some unknown source in a distance. A hushed tone as if to respect these hallowed grounds but a shout nonetheless.

Rounding around the corner comes Akodo Kichiro who immediately drops hunched over forward with his hands on his knees. His breath haggard and posture shaky displaying a weakness of earth. In a painfully slow jog he catches up to the group. "Matsu-san! This isn't the *Catches breath* right way." Kichiro respectfully bows to those in attendance. "The shrine to Jurojin is over here. We must hurry." Kichiro says just as a spike of pain races through his stomach roaring with an oni's might.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Akodo Commander • Tactician
Honor: Exceptional - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points 299 (Please donate a TP point to the needy)

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:17 am

"Akodo san?" He said concerned. "Jurojin? What happened?"

Matsu Qiang

Post by Matsu Qiang » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:24 am

“I’m afraid Akodo-san has been poisoned,” Qiang explained. “Well... several of us have, actually.” He looked rather embarrassed at the idea that they, in fact, were suffering due to such a thing.

“I had heard you might have some expertise with healing remedies, Bayushi-san?” Qiang asked delicately. “That is, if it would not be too much trouble for you?”

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:30 am

"Ronin punk. Corrupted our supper!" Kichiro decries the outrageous assault to human decency. "Today had so much running... So much riding... All these quizzes. I just wanted one bowl of rice. Just one." Kichiro's face might be cold as ice but his tone. His very voice weaves a tale of immense insult and the denial of basic human necessity.

A small gag suppressed by Kichiro's fist against his mouth. "An offering to Jurojin for speedy recovery. Plenty of water. Lots of rest." Kichiro says to the most basic of recovery plans.
Honor: Exceptional - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points 299 (Please donate a TP point to the needy)

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:53 am

"I see..." he nodded and wondered if Mei lin had anything to do with this. "Tell me what it tasted like... i may be able to help." He turned to the Matsu. "You are right, I have learned the way for healing remedies." He looked at the Ide. "Unicorn san will you take care of Ninya chan? I am sorry to impose."

He moved to the shrine of Jurojin to find some of the offerings. "My apologies Jurojin no kami but I might need your offerings to be able to help."

Ide Hazrat

Post by Ide Hazrat » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:14 am

Hazrat collects Ninya-chan and steps out of the way so that the Bayushi can do what he needs to. The entire turn of events is surprising, but he can tell that the best way he can help is not to interfere. "Do not worry, Scorpion-san. This is no time to fret over impositions. I will take care of little Ninya. Do what you can to help the affected."
Speaking in Ujik

Matsu Qiang

Post by Matsu Qiang » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:31 am

Qiang followed Kaidan as he headed toward Jurojin's shrine.

"We kept a bit of the poisoned food as evidence," he volunteered. "Would that help you determine the right remedy?"

The Lion produced a small paper packet from a sleeve. Carefully wrapped within the paper was a small portion of glutinous rice with vegetables.

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:20 am

Kaidan examined the food. He noted what type of poison could have been. "I know what to do..." He tool some herbs and some bits of charcoal and made a paste. He found some water and made a slurry that was easier to drink. "Drink this." He offered the Lions. "Is there anyone else who was poisoned?"

//D3 LE Medicine Antidote INT 1CR for better taste TN 25: 7d10r1o10k5 47 let's use this roll to identify the poison

D3 LE Craft Poison Antidote INT 1CR for better taste TN 25: 8d10o10k5 38

Matsu Qiang

Post by Matsu Qiang » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:12 am

Qiang accepted the compound prepared by Kaidan. “Kampai!” He said, raising the potion up momentarily, as if announcing a toast. Then he tossed the liquid down his throat, gulping it down quickly.

It was surprisingly sweet.

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:02 pm

"Kampai." Kichiro echos with far less enthusiasm and raises his potion. He downs it quick expecting the worst and turns out its not bad!

"Thank you Bayushi-san." Kichiro humbly bows in thanks to the scorpion.

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:07 am

He nodded. "You should be feeling better soon. Was it just you two or someone else took the poison?"

Return to “Shrine to the Fortunes”