(D1, EA, Open) Some Who Wander Are Actually Lost

Ide Hazrat

(D1, EA, Open) Some Who Wander Are Actually Lost

Post by Ide Hazrat » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:32 am

The blond traveler in a bright-colored turban and unfashionable robes stuck out like a sore thumb, even on the streets of Little Khanbulak. It did not help matters that he kept looking around, backtracking, and gawking at different people and shops as he wandered around the neighborhood.

"Pardon me," he asked a hawker of ivory curios, "but do you know where I should go for the Topaz Tournament?"

The peasant shook his head sadly. "I am sorry. I am but a simple peddler who speaks only Rokugani."

"Ah, then... never mind," said Hazrat, not quite lost enough to admit his own predicament out loud for all to hear. "I was just... wondering where to go."
Unicorn • Priest • Prodigy • Sage • Traveler • Exotic • Gullible • Lucky * Out Sick
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1 • Glory: 1 • Topaz Points: 80 • Profile
Gear: Unfashionable robes, Turban, Wakizashi, Scimitar, Lucky charm, Journal
Combat: Light Armor, Scimitar, Wakizashi
Speaking in Ujik
"If you are afraid, don't do it. If you do it, don’t be afraid."

Mai

Re: (D1, EA, Open) Some Who Wander Are Actually Lost

Post by Mai » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:52 pm

Mai was looking around. She came upon the Unicorn and bowed. "Hello, Ide-san. I'm Mai from the Mantis."
Mantis Clan Shugenja *Water * Thunder * Prodigy * Lucky

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Items: Scrolls, Jade

Ide Hazrat

Post by Ide Hazrat » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:15 pm

Hazrat smiled. "Hello, Mai-san. I am called Ide Hazrat." He offered his hand, then caught himself and bowed instead.

"Are you here for the Topaz Tournament, Mai-san? If it is not too much trouble, would you be able to tell me where to go? I am more used to traveling on the open road than in a city such as this one."
Unicorn • Priest • Prodigy • Sage • Traveler • Exotic • Gullible • Lucky * Out Sick
Speaking in Ujik

Mai

Post by Mai » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:31 am

"Everyone not training at the Kakita Academey is staying at the Laughing Carp. I was just heading there, if you would like some company." Mai offers with a smile. Sure, not as pretty as Yotsou, but she likes his blonde hair.

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Ide Hazrat

Post by Ide Hazrat » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:47 pm

Mai's smile causes to visibly relax, although his cheeks begin to blush. He smiles back and quickly bows again, perhaps more deeply than is called for. "Thank you, Mai-san. I appreciate your help and would be grateful for your company as well." He falls into step beside her and lets her lead the way to the Laughing Carp.

"Your clan is famous for being sailors and travelers, right?" asked Hazrat as they walked. "What is that like? Have you ever sailed to a foreign land?" He looked around at the exotic trappings of Little Khanbulak that surrounded them. "I mean, besides the ones my people have explored."

OOC: Sorry for the delay. Something I ate put me out of commission for a few days IRL.
Speaking in Ujik

Mai

Post by Mai » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:09 am

"No. Since I haven't passed my gempukku yet, such travel is forbidden. However, my brother has went to the Ivory Kingdoms. He has told me many stories about. I wouldn't mind visiting there sometime."

Ide Hazrat

Post by Ide Hazrat » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:06 pm

"Forbidden?" Hazrat blinked twice. Should he have refrained from talking about his own travels? It was not the first time he had said more about distant lands than was prudent. However, Mai showed no sign that she would reprimand or report him. The way she talked about wanting to visit foreign shores herself was reassuring, actually.

"I would also love to hear those stories some time. If it is alright, that is. Perhaps I can share some stories from my home in return? I am something of a seeker of tales. You might even say they are what brought me here."
Speaking in Ujik

Mai

Post by Mai » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:11 am

"Well, at least in my Clan. For longer voyages, they prefer not to have too green sailors. I would love to hear your tales. I can tell you about the tiger men my brother told me about."

Ide Hazrat

Post by Ide Hazrat » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:10 pm

"I would enjoy that very much, Mai-san. I shall look forward to exchanging tales and speaking more with you."
Speaking in Ujik

Mai

Post by Mai » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:54 pm

"Well, here we are. Let's me again later."

/scene?

Ide Hazrat

Post by Ide Hazrat » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:24 pm

"Certainly. Thank you for guiding me, Mai-san. I shall endeavor to repay your kindness when we meet again."

/scene
Speaking in Ujik

Return to “Little Khanbulak”